ADVERTISEMENT

Brown Article

ellu

SuperCane
Feb 5, 2003
Pompano Beach
I blame the coaches.

Looking at that article https://miami.rivals.com/news/ranking-the-elite-11-quarterbacks and the photos we still have a problem.

Why is that Tight End, Defensive Tackle, Inside Linebacker and Offensive line are the only truly integrated positions.

I said it then and I'll say it now the only reason Christian McCaffrey didn't win the Heisman is because his skin is white and he played RB, it was folks biases that worked against him. Dude is the son of an NFL high level wide receiver, his mom was a HS soccer legend and a star at Stanford soccer, his maternal grandfather is a hall of farmer track sprinter who world records in the 100, 220 and I think 440 hurdles.

The coaches push kids like him into different positions or sports. Same with Black athletes being moved to other positions. Seriously, why? I've coached enough little league to see it happen even there. I had a little Italian kid that they wanted to stick on the line, why? Certainly wasn't because that was the best fit, after some protest as line coach he became our starting safety...on a majority black team. And it works all ways.

You can't tell me that those photos reflect objectivity by the coaches. Go watch WR or RB camp photos, it'll be monochromatic as well.

You don't see this at Mike, Line, 0-3, FB/TE....

I blame the coaches....and our biases.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News