ADVERTISEMENT

Buc-ee's

krvanness

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 22, 2007
GEORGIA
OK, something light.
I experienced my first visit to Bucee's last night at the location on I-75 just outside of Macon. If you've never been to one of these places, it's a must. First of all, they have about 120, no exaggeration, 120 gas pumps. While all of the gas signs were reading around $4.49 for Regular in other stations off of the interstate in South Georgia, Bucee's was $3.95.

So, my wife and I went inside the store after filling up the car. This was around 9pm last night and it was packed! They're open 24 hours. The place is HUGE! Not only are the restrooms HUGE as well, but impeccably clean, SPOTLESS! There's artwork on the walls you can buy as well. They have a carving station in the middle of the store where they were carving up brisket. We got a sliced brisket sandwich. I'll put this brisket sandwich up against any bbq joint I've ever been to. The assortment of other food items, including baked goods, is endless. While they have all of the standard soda offerings, they also have their own brand with real cane sugar which I got (on vacation). Apparel galore, including a GOOD supply of Cane gear in their FL locations (according to a friend of mine). I could go on but suffice to say it's worth a stop if you're passing by one.

Absolute truth. You can buy anything there!!
Yes! They also had a big sign hanging from the ceiling as we walked out the door with the starting pay for their employees. $19-21/hr for a cashier, 21-23 for department lead, etc., plus a 6% 401k match, 3 weeks paid vacation in year 1, health insurance, etc. I know inflation eats into that, but still good for starting pay.

Wow, Buc-ee's can provide a great product, pay their people above industry average and make a profit.

Too bad the US doesn't put people like that into positions in Departments of Transportation, Commerce, Energy, etc. Instead Brandon appoints Ivy league educated idiots like Buttigieg to jobs that they have no clue how to perform, solely because they are democrat political lackeys.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT