ADVERTISEMENT

Can A President Pardon Himself?

I am positive Trump would try to pardon himself because that's the level he is on. However, no one is above the law. He can try it but once he is out of office, charges will be brought anyway. Either through impeachment or otherwise if he is guilty of a crime. They will just first impeach. Then bring charges.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...-legal-experts-weigh-in/ar-AAydmU1?ocid=ientp

Why ask question if your Constitutional Lawyer self knew answer ?

rhe·tor·i·cal ques·tion
noun
  1. a question asked in order to create a dramatic effect or to make a point rather than to get an answer.
    "the presentation was characterized by impossibly long sentences and a succession of rhetorical questions"

I am positive Trump would try to pardon himself because that's the level he is on. However, no one is above the law. He can try it but once he is out of office, charges will be brought anyway. Either through impeachment or otherwise if he is guilty of a crime. They will just first impeach. Then bring charges.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...-legal-experts-weigh-in/ar-AAydmU1?ocid=ientp

If he is guilty of a crime...

What happened to there is a crime family running this country out of the White House.

Hmmmmmm

Per the constitution, yes, not even a question. However if he waits till after an impeachment, no. He can’t overturn impeachment.
This was an intense debate on the radio this morning. The constitution does not specifically address it. So, yes it would be a question. A huge question. Meaning it would no doubt be challenged on the grounds that law in America is absolute for who breaks it. Some other legal official qualified to do so would have to absolve the party who breaks the law of a crime. We don't use kings and emperors here. Their power is absolute. A president does not have absolute power and is not above the law himself in America. This would go to the Supreme Court in America and he would not get more than 1 or 2 votes max!

Don’t go to the radio, go the constitution
Well, I'm waiting. Show me where in the constitution is specifically says a sitting president may pardon himself. There is a fundamental rule that nobody can judge his or her own case.

It's a moot point because there is a limit on the term of a president. If anyone wants to charge one they can easily wait until his term has ended or run out. Upon which time you can not pardon anyone.

Last edited:
It simply states the president has the power to pardon, doesn’t exclude himself. Try reading the constitution, it wouldn’t hurt.
It does not say he can pardon himself. It does NOT state that. It states he has the power to pardon. You do not judge yourself in any legal case. A pardon is a judgement. You can represent yourself. You can NOT JUDGE yourself.

It does not say he can pardon himself. It does NOT state that. It states he has the power to pardon. You do not judge yourself in any legal case. A pardon is a judgement. You can represent yourself. You can NOT JUDGE yourself.
You’re opinion doesn’t mean anything in regards to the constitution. He has the power to pardon, that’s all he needs. Thankfully we don’t go by what you think it should mean.

CD. What does impeachment accomplish if he is going to remain in office? Senate will never convict. And I don't see the Dems taking control of the senate for a loooong time.

Reactions: Canes1575
CD. What does impeachment accomplish if he is going to remain in office? Senate will never convict. And I don't see the Dems taking control of the senate for a loooong time.
Depends on what he did. Getting ahead of ourselves. The senate and house aren't going to just allow a president to break the law. It doesn't quite work that way. They have careers too. That essentially ends your own career. Ask Nixon. Those were Republicans that got rid of him.

And two wrongs don't make. CDright!
What two wrongs? We don't have a king. Period. Nobody is above the law in this country. Plain and simple. You are guilty of breaking the law you have to pay for that like everyone else.

I am positive Trump would try to pardon himself because that's the level he is on. However, no one is above the law. He can try it but once he is out of office, charges will be brought anyway.

It won't matter. When the President leaves the White House on his final day in office (whether it be Obummer, Bush, Clinton, etc.) they leave in a helicopter. If I am Rudy Giuliani, I just offer Trump some legal advice and have him tell the chopper pilot to head straight to Canada, where he can live in exile.

It won't matter. When the President leaves the White House on his final day in office (whether it be Obummer, Bush, Clinton, etc.) they leave in a helicopter. If I am Rudy Giuliani, I just offer Trump some legal advice and have him tell the chopper pilot to head straight to Canada, where he can live in exile.
lmao....thanks for the laugh.

Me thinks the Wrong Protests too much? How much you weigh? What do you do with your life? How much in food stamps?
Stop acting silly. Don't worry about me and my life. Get your own together. People can protest whatever it is they want to protest in America.

You have to be a moron if you think a president can pardon himself. The unfortunate thing is our constitution wasn't written for a person like Trump. It was written for a moral man or woman to be president. It was written for someone who had a sense of shame which Trump does not have.

You have to be a moron if you think a president can pardon himself. The unfortunate thing is our constitution wasn't written for a person like Trump. It was written for a moral man or woman to be president. It was written for someone who had a sense of shame which Trump does not have.
Sounds like you have a mornic, sophomoric understanding of our Constitution.

Cems President Trump schools the Dems and the liberal press each and every day and you guys do not even get it lol.

He has none. Just more liberal fuktardery from someone who thinks he can rewrite settled case law on a proper traffic stop for his own narrative and then spin nonsense when he’s called out for his bullshit
Where is it documented that a President can pardon himself is settled case law?

Arguments can be made for and against it. It is a very complex issue- a difficult one to analyze because of the rareness of it. Liberal fuktards without a law degres who hang on every word Trump tweets or says thinking they know exactly how things will play out in the end, make me laugh and remind me how great it is to have this guy as the President. Cucks gonna cuck!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/04/her...ether-president-trump-can-pardon-himself.html

Reactions: BreakingCane
lmao....dude and he claims to be an Attorney. You can't make this stuff up. I'm thinking you don't need a law degree to surmise there is no settled case law stating this POS can pardon himself.

Arguments can be made for and against it. It is a very complex issue- a difficult one to analyze because of the rareness of it. Liberal fuktards without a law degres who hang on every word Trump tweets or says thinking they know exactly how things will play out in the end, make me laugh and remind me how great it is to have this guy as the President. Cucks gonna cuck!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/04/her...ether-president-trump-can-pardon-himself.html
Then if you can't produce "settled case law" maybe you should hush about it and stop coming to canesport saying there is "settled case law" in one post. Then come and say "Arguments can be made for or against" in another post.

Basically concluding as usual you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about but it impresses the others here that don't either. Way to go bro! lmao

Reactions: cems52
Then if you can't produce "settled case law" maybe you should hush about it and stop coming to canesport saying there is "settled case law" in one post. Then come and say "Arguments can be made for or against" in another post.

Basically concluding as usual you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about but it impresses the others here that don't either. Way to go bro! lmao

I said settled case law re: traffic stops. Lean how to f**king read. Furthermore, you don’t tell people what to do around here cuck!

Last edited:

Use your common sense. The founding fathers never intented for a corrupt person to self impose his punishment by pardoning himself. Surely you learned that in law school?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT