ADVERTISEMENT

Canes gonna throttle App St, looking back at Bama game...

tysonisaiah

SuperCane
Aug 12, 2010
People getting too crazy. Yes, it was a disappointing loss/performance to Bama. But, still lots to build on. The bad, Scaife was really bad. They replaced him and we saw immediate improvement. We had a TD to Harley on play King was sacked from Scaife getting beat, watch the 6:34 mark on the film. Navaughan is a waste of time too. Sorry, Ousman Traore is better, Cleveland Reed is better. John Campbell is better. These things have me shaking my head with what the heck our coaches are doing. Flagg to me is a major disappointment. Jennings just as bad. And to be frank, so was Keontra. K looked like a scared freshman. He can run, but still missed a ton of tackles. Look at 15:53 mark....3 DL take up 5 OL...and still no LB makes a tackle. Absolutely horrible. Ivey... I am still perplexed how Gary and others have Ivey starting over Blades, or over any. He is so bad and has always been. See 9:14 mark. He should play Special Teams and occasionally on defense.

The good. All WRs n TE's. King. Backs were okay. Zion n Jalen are legit. (not great, but solid) Gaynor is okay...more bad than good, but did have some good moments. DTs... Nesta n Jared are easily best 2. They play hard all day. They got worked on occasion. But had enough wins too. Miller and Ford are not horrible, but very average. See 21:30 mark, good penetration. DEs...Zach easily the best. I'm moderately impressed with him. Plays hard. Probably top 10 DE in the conf. Watch Zach SMACK up the pulling guard at the 3:45 mark of the film. Amari Carter, played very well. Not perfect. But played hard, laid the wood several times. Shoulda been playing LB the past 3 yrs. You don't have to be 230+...see 205 Sean Spence for 4 yrs please. James Williams is frigg'n legit. Play that cat! And get creative with how you use him. I really liked seeing him and Amari Carter play defense.

Bottom line. We have talent. The Line will be better. Rhett will be better (he better be). We have to pull Ivey off the field. And we badly need at least one more productive LB. If they don't fix that,its gonna be scary. But if we do. 10-2 or 11-1 season. Can compete with Clemson.

Defensive starters should CLEARLY BE....
DT - Silvera n HH DE - McCloud n (Jahfari or Deandre...both just okay) MLB - Amari Carter, SLB - James Williams, Str - Keontra, C - Tyrique, Couch, n Blades S - Bubba, Keyshawn (or Kam)

Please please Lord let it happen. Figure it out Manny. What's with the no face mask called at the 8 min mark??? Easy call!

Canes gonna bounce back and smack App St.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News