ADVERTISEMENT

Do We To Expect To See A Spread Offense Under Gattis With 00/01/10/11 Personnel Groupings...?

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
Given the status of the WR group as of May 3...?
- No elite, impact #1 WR
- lots of unproven guys, albeit guys with a lot of potential
- don't see a reliable Allen Hurns, Braxton Berrios, Rambo type of guy who can bail out an offense in big key down and distance situations

Conversely, we seem to have a strong TE group, a healthier backfield now with RBs, and what I believe will be a much improved OL with coaching and development.

Perhaps we see a more conventional offense with 12/22 personnel groupings, or a least more a balanced personnel grouping offense...?

Not sure what to expect. Michigan's offense has looked like shit under Harbaugh for most of his career there, but Gattis did a hell of job with below average QB play and not a lot of skill-position prowess. A significant reason why Gattis left a great program like Michigan for The U is the indisputable, cataclysmic gap in speed/talent at the skill position between what South Florida produces out of high school versus what Michigan/Ohio/Midwest produces.

My honest opinion - I think that his Offense could look VERY conservative in the beginning of the season with TVD, but evolve into a much more open, progressive, attacking Offense as guys start to grow into this new regime and system and culture, and TVD gets a little more comfortable with 2-3 of the WRs.

Thoughts...?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News