ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Baseball Game 1: Miami at Duke - Canes win 4-1 on dramatic grand slam!

AtlantaCane

SuperCane
Sep 7, 2005
Port Orange, Florida
Final update:

Nice comeback by the Canes tonight in Durham...we trailed 1-0 for 6 innings, thanks to a leadoff solo HR by Duke in the bottom the first.

But thanks to a grand slam by Dom Pitelli in the 7th with 2 outs...we get the first W of the series.

Final Line Score:
TeamsRuns HitsErrorsLOB
Miami4828
Duke1417

Pretty basic stuff...

PITCHING
Our pitching held them to 1 run and just 4 hits...standout performance by our p staff...Palmquist is the WP...he goes to 6-1. McFarlane, Schlesinger, Ziehl and Walters finish 'em off...

Their starter kept us off the board until he left the game...

STAT OF THE GAME
We struck out 16 Dookies, a dozen by Palmquist, they got us 6x. We walk only 2.

HITTING
Pitelli gets the game-winner in the 7th with a grand slam...the 2nd time in the game we loaded the bases...

DEFENSE
We had 2 errors to their 1...we gotta tighten up the D!

RECORDS
Miami improves to 19-6, 8-2/ACC while Duke falls to 12-14 and 3-7/ACC.

NEXT UP
Game 2 is Saturday at 3 pm. The hosts weren't about to schedule a night game when their hoops team plays UNC in the Final Four.

Thanks for being a part of this thread...I doubt I'll be back for Game 2 but I will set up a game thread for U. Have a great weekend, Caniacs!

It's great to be...

Go Canes!

----------------------------------

Hello again, Caniacs...

Your Miami Hurricanes are in Durham, NC this weekend for a 3-game series with the Duke Blue Devils. Per UM, the Canes, at 18-6 (5 game winning streak), are off to their best start in six years! We are in the top-20 in most polls with the highest rating at No. 12.

Keep in mind, most games, Coach G starts 4 sophomores and 3 freshmen so we have a young team.

Carson Palmquist gets his usual nod to start Game 1. He's 5-1 on the year with a 3.56 ERA.

MEDIA INFO
How to Watch: UM vs DU (Courtesy: Watch ESPN/ACCNX)
How to Listen: WVUM 90.5 (Courtesy: WVUM)
How to Follow Live Game Stats: UM vs DU (Courtesy: UM/statbroadcast)

Back with the top of the 1st inning. I hope U can join me.

Go Canes!

P.S. If U didn't see my other recent thread, pls check out Baseball Message from AtlantaCane. It basically says I'm cutting back on my weekly game coverage.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News