ADVERTISEMENT

Gary, how can you keep saying,

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2005
That just because the bot have the money doesn’t mean they want to throw it away when that’s precisely what they’ve been doing for the last twenty years?

you say that these guys didn’t become some of the most successful business guys in the world by throwing their money away but miami athletics aren’t “their” business deals. It’s their toy or expendable income if you will and that’s evident in the fact they’ve spent over a 100 mill over the last 15 years on miami sports with nothing to show for it and think it’s cool. You can’t argue the reality of the last twenty years, it happened and manny is still technically on the table and I’m not just talking about this week. It might only be due to a couple squeaky wheels as in the fleet but still.

i’m at the point where I’d rather say kick some of the bot’s to the curb and take their money with them because I’d rather have significantly less funds and good decisions than more funds at the expense of bad decisions.

there’s over a dozen hc candidates out there that could have this team winning 10 games next year and plug the hole in this sinking ship or we can let manny stick around for another year and set the program back five years.

There’s nothing about him that’s proven he’s capable of even lucking into 9 games next year and even if he does, you going to fire him then? Not like all the sudden good hc candidates will all the sudden appear all over the place a year from now at a better price. Mario’s only going to get more expensive as well as every other major candidate.

you saying that just because the bot can come up with the funds now but don’t want to use it on a major hire like mario is an excuse to piss away several more millions? It’s BS.

for what it’s worth I appreciate everything you guys do. At the end of the day, doesn’t this all just boil down to, the U have the potential but have yet to prove to herbstreats point that the pres/bot care enough to commit? It’s like ground hogs day. What’s really changed? Why would anyone give this entire athletic dept any benefit of the doubt? They’ve literally done zero to build trust.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News