ADVERTISEMENT

Gary......is this a fair assesment? A conversation with a friend who's an FSU fan.

Dr.L.ThugU

SuperCane
Jan 25, 2011
Laughing @CDwrong
Serious question. If you were in charge of getting Miami football back on track,how would you go about it?
New HC I assume, but who? Do we need to make a big$ hire or will a young up and comer do?
What is your opinion on Golden,Coley and the rest of the staff? At least we are upgrading facilities but we will never draw huge crowds every saturday no matter what,small alumni base,fair weather fans etc. Speaking of stuff that hurts,how harmful do you think flying those stupid banners were?

Anyways,you're in charge of fixing UM football,what do you do?

"Not that I would want you to ever be better nor would I want to be in charge of a program where I'd have to wear those ridiculous colors, but if you put a gun to my head... well, bad example since I'd say just go ahead and shoot, but if you put a gun to someone else's head...

I'd say you're wasting your time with this thought of bringing in some big name coach so that's a bad assumption. No big name coach with half a brain would want to touch that mess and if you offered enough to really make them consider it, it wouldn't be cost effective and you'd end up like uf is now with paying a ton of money and still nothing to show for it.

Realistically, what big name coach do you even think you would have a shot at even with big money?

That option is probably off the table.

You're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard spot. There isn't much to work with there. If you didn't have your name built from teams of long ago and in a recruiting hotbed, you would be an afterthought right now entirely if you were nearly any other program in the country.

That's really all you have going for you.

You can't just expect some coach to be able to come in and work miracles. You have to give him something to work with. You can't be mad at a coach, if he's like a QB behind an offensive line with 5 guys having 9 knees blown out. He can only do so much.

So if you want success and want to bring in a coach or even keep your own and put him in the best position to succeed, you have to look at what the issues are causing you so many problems and disadvantages and try correcting those before taking that step.

Golden, I don't have an issue with him, but he needs to stop looking so ridiculous on the field. I haven't been anywhere where if I were watching a Miami game on tv when a female of various ages have mentioned how terrible he looked on the sideline with a big white shirt that didn't fit and sweat soaked. It's not a good look and he should change it. Even worse, he does it because of Joe Paterno who should never be emulated.

I don't know about Coley. I haven't been very impressed with the product he has put on the field.

I don't know who your strength coach is, but I haven't been impressed with how you look on the field. You look skinny, weak, small and not very athletic. Perryman looked like the biggest and most athletic guy on the field and he was small compared to many of our guys. He weighs as much as some of the guys we recently brought in and that's after he's been in the program for awhile and we've been recruiting lighter LB's. Chickillo never looked that impressive. I feel like he could have turned into a very high draft pick in our program. Haven't been impressed with your OL development either. As far as conditioning, In the past 3 seasons we have outscored you 60-13 in the 2nd half with 10 of your 13 coming in 1 game so only 3 in the other 2. Strange coincidence I didn't even realize, but we've scored exactly 20 points in the 2nd half in each game. In the 4th quarter alone we have outscored you 36-10, so over half of our 2nd half points have come in the final quarter and that was the difference in our game last year. We have a very good S&C coach and usually always play very well in the 2nd half.

Speaking of Chickillo, when you have players like him saying things like he did once he was gone, it doesn't help you at all with recruiting. His production declined each year he was there and he came in very highly rated. Then left, shined in the shrine game and didn't exactly have great things to say about his time being coached at Miami."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News