ADVERTISEMENT

Heat To Sign Greg Oden...

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
2-year deal according to the Four Letter Network... Heat 3-Peat is underway and already reloading this off-season...

Go Heat...!!!

Go Canes...!!!

Go Dolphins...!!!

Sports is alive and WELL in the 3-0-5 baby...!!! And so is Downtown Fort Lauderdale tonight...!!!

Prost! (Cheers!)

Please educate me. How significant is the Odom signing? Who sits from this years team?

Advarkas....You bring a lot to the bb and i enjoy reading your posts.

However not all of us are HEAT fans and Oden played at Ohio State.....think this is Lounge material now that the season starts tomorrow....

Originally posted by HERBIELILY:
Please educate me. How significant is the Odom signing? Who sits from this years team?
Assuming he's healthy (BIG assumption, obviously), Haslem begins to fade away, Bosh doesn't get as many minutes at the 5 as he's always feared, minutes-wise he would be equal to birdman.

Plus, depending on the confidence level, they might be willing to move Joel and free up a little more space or get an additional contributor.

If he can provide 15-20 minutes a night, maybe more against certain squads, man this would be huge.

This post was edited on 8/2 9:29 PM by Dufour Cane

So it'll be moved to the lounge.

A healthy Oden would be a ridiculously great addition. Been almost 4 years. We'll see.

Imagine you are a trailBlazer fan and you picked Bowie and Oden instead of Jordan and Durant. Yikes
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Nice!!! Go Heat!! If a player helps the pro team you root for who cares what college he went to. Yes, I despise Ohio State.

Thanks. I'm probably like many Cane fans, I follow the Heat and love the results, but don't grasp all of the nuances.

Originally posted by U2Cane:
Nice!!! Go Heat!! If a player helps the pro team you root for who cares what college he went to. Yes, I despise Ohio State.
Agreed. I hate the uniforms, not the people....except for Tebow, Clarett, Flutie, and Ty Detmer, of course.....lol !

Originally posted by Dufour Cane:
Assuming he's healthy (BIG assumption, obviously), Haslem begins to fade away, Bosh doesn't get as many minutes at the 5 as he's always feared, minutes-wise he would be equal to birdman.

Plus, depending on the confidence level, they might be willing to move Joel and free up a little more space or get an additional contributor.

If he can provide 15-20 minutes a night, maybe more against certain squads, man this would be huge.

I like moving Joel and getting another 2 guard or combo to rest Wade if Oden works out. Anderson and Oden can combo for 48 minutes with Bosh available if necessary or in the smaller lineup.

A healthy Oden along with an improved Cole and Chalmers with Bosh at the 4 would make this the best Heat team yet IMO.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by Swaggah64:
Originally posted by Dufour Cane:

I like moving Joel and getting another 2 guard or combo to rest Wade if Oden works out. Anderson and Oden can combo for 48 minutes with Bosh available if necessary or in the smaller lineup.

A healthy Oden along with an improved Cole and Chalmers with Bosh at the 4 would make this the best Heat team yet IMO.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Agreed ... we need an athletic 2 to spell Wade. Honestly, ignoring health issues, that's the one flaw I see remaining.

I'm hoping we can get an Oden that's 60-70% of his former self. That will be enough.

IMO it's impossible to say....all depends on how healthy he is and how close to his former self. Could be one extreme or the other or anywhere in between. I would say odds are certainly against us that he'll be close to his former self.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT