ADVERTISEMENT

I have officially joined the #FIREGOLDEN campaign.

Cdeanb2006

SuperCane
Sep 7, 2013
I am not very proud to say this, but tonight put me at my wits end! I have long been a Hurricane fan, and was honestly sad when Randy Shannon was fired, however I was really excited with Golden and considering what he has done with all of the NCAA investigation and sanctions I applaud him. However, this is MIAMI HURRICANE football! It is time to win and NOW! I have many frustrations that cloud what I want to say in this but I will do my best to put into words a few points that really grind my gears when it comes to this Miami Hurricane football team.

First to the city and the university itself, how dare you treat the greatest sports team in the history of Miami like second rate citizens? How many championships has Hurricane football team won???? (I say this extremely sarcastically!) Not one team has brought more championships back to this state than Miami football. A close second is FSU, but Golden has yet to win that one. The city and university take a team who has brought massive amounts of money into each one of their pockets, and what do they do? Oh lets tear down the Orange Bowl, make the Hurricanes play at STUPID Sun life stadium, which is about a 45 min drive. (Wonder how many students make that drive?) I mean seriously one of the most iconic stadiums that belong to The U and you put a baseball stadium on it? Make The U play second fiddle to the Dolphins? Way to spit in that face. Oh and you students who win a national award for a stadium that they designed, one that would cater to The U. A stadium that would be built close and you say NO! WTH! For Heaven’s sake, FAU has their own stadium! UCF has their own stadium. You’re telling me Miami can’t? Get out of here with that political garbage, this is THE U! Shame on the university and the city! The U put football in the state on the map!

Secondly is something I heard coming from Brad Kayaa’s mouth after the Nebraska game. He was afraid of throwing a pic 6. Hmmmmm……. Wonder if Ken Dorsey thought about that when he was trying to blow teams out of the water? We have a recieving group that can and should spread the field, and you’re afraid? I bet Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Santana Moss, heck any of the old receivers from Miami would say give me the ball no matter what! Afraid???? It’s The U, they’re afraid of what is about to be done to them! Now don’t get me wrong I love Kayaa for the way he manages the game, but good gosh a mighty grow some brass between those legs and let er rip tater chip! He’s got the arm and talent around him, stretching the field will only benefit our slot guys like Berrios. It would open more lanes for guys like Yearby and Walton. Let the, “Big time players, make big time plays in big games!”

Next for me is defensively. We recruit the 4 and 5 star defensive ends and make them play a 3-4 2 gap defense. Seriously?? Whatever happened to the old 4-3? Has it become extinct? Does it not work? What? Please tell me because our crappy 3-4 defense is not working and tonight when I saw Trent Harris drop to the flats in coverage I wanted to come unglued!! For real? We have too much talent to run a sub-par defense that hurts our players. I mean look at Anthony Chickillo. 5 star recruit, plays a 3-4 2 gap defense with us, goes to an all-star game and explodes with 3 sacks! Why is that? Oh, he was in a 4-3 defense which allows him to, “Do what he does.” Hey Al, does that tell you anything? It was gross tonight watching the highly touted recruits seem like pee wee kids running around the field. Sure in the 3rd quarter we held them but come on! Dallas Crawford is a 5th year SR in the back of the end zone and you stare at the ball going into receiver’s hands? You drop down into coverage and watch a guy run by you?? Give me Jaquan Johnson! A true freshman who missed a tackle on the punt team got up sprinted back down the field and made the tackle. That’s the effort I want. That’s an Ed Reed type effort we have been missing. We haven’t had a ball hawk safety since Sean Taylor and Ed Reed. That’s a long stinking time! Hey Al, I just want you to know that D’Onofrio will be the sword you live and die by. This is The U and we want, and by God expect better!

Finally I am tired of on 3rd and whatever we run the ball up the gut with a soft zone block. Can we for once in our life fire off the ball and put somebody on their butt? (That goes for you to D-line!) God forbid we attack all the way down the field and drop 50+ points on people. We used to never be so soft, and now it’s like we play paddy cakes at the line. Sure we have rushed for over a 100 yards but can we get Yearby a 200+ yard game? His jump cut tonight was the greatest I have ever seen! His talent level is something special to behold. He could possibly be the GOAT at this position for Miami. Some may say no way, but seriously, the way he runs and his cuts are better than Duke Johnsons. Tonight the o-line let us down big time. 3rd and short, 3rd and 6, heck, 3rd down period we were let down! Hate to say it but haven’t we been trying to get better on 3rd down like the entire 5 years of Al Golden? Offensively overall I like where they were outside of tonight. I like Coley, Art, Kevin, Tim, and Larry Scott. I wish we would go down field and blow people out like we should be doing!

As I end this long winded rant, which has helped me vent my utter disgust for tonight’s display. I have tried to defend Al for a while, and even thought that he would turn it around, but tonight was the straw that broke the camel’s back. I dare say it’s time to grow a pair. We could seriously go 0-5 in the month of October, and by God it’s my birthday month. How dare you! But with all seriousness, Blake James give me back my Butch. It is time for rejuvenation in our program, and I believe he is the guy to do it. Imagine what Butch could do with the defensive talent! As I join the #FIREGOLDEN campaign I do it with a heavy heart because I sincerely like Al, just tired of mediocre play and staged answers to questions. It’s time for Miami to be real with us, and itself. It’s time for Miami to be THE U again!

-Derek Beaty

( Anyone else see Earl Mooretonight on the long punt return for Cincinnati? Just a 320 lb NT on punt team? No big deal.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News