ADVERTISEMENT

I now think Brady would be a bad hire ....

greglloyd1214

SuperCane
Apr 3, 2011
for a couple of reasons.

1. Theres not enough body of work on him as an OC. Some are saying he wasn't really the play caller when LSU won. He had a GREAT QB and GREAT WRs. I think everything lined up well for him that year to have success.

2. He doesn't like to recruit. THAT IS A HUGE RED FLAG !!! You cannot afford to have a guy that already has question marks AND DOESNT LIKE TO RECRUIT. No bueno !! I would think Mario was very honest with him and what he would expect out of his OC as far recruiting and taking days off to not recruit Im sure wasn't a one of them.

3. Fired after one year in the NFL. His heart is set on staying in the NFL so even if we went and got him this week, I believe he goes back to the NFL in 3-4 weeks when teams are firing coaches left and right. He either wants to be here or not.

I'm not sure who else is out there.

I dont like the Dorsey option. Never has called plays and yes im sure I will hear the "he's coached in the NFL for so long blah blah blah". Dont care !!! He's NEVER CALLED PLAYS. Gotta get away from that learning on the job thing. We can do better. If he hadn't played here, he wouldn't be even a thought. No one is knocking on his door to run their offense.

Chud ??? - again, if he wasn't tight with Mario or hadn't played here, wouldn't even be considered.

Mario finally has the $$$ to go after a TOP GUY. GO GET HIM !!! Maybe he's waiting for the bowls to end and he's going after a big fish. Who knows.

I do think if this week goes by and there are no OC and DC hires, then he's waiting on a guy that is on staff playing in one of the major bowls or final four. jmo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News