ADVERTISEMENT

Football I see a very split fan base right now

mshodell

SuperCane
Staff
Jul 31, 2001
Miami, FL
miami.rivals.com
which I predicted if and when Canes won this game ...

But how can anybody not root for this team? It's a fun bunch and these young guys are growing up in front of our eyes. I said it several times on Good Morning CaneSport but the young talent on this team is extraordinary and can win with any coach. And really some of the circumstance that forced these young guys into games (ie injuries) has actually helped this team become what it is now. The ridiculous subbing Manny's done has been curtailed by the lack of depth and you can see the results with these young guys getting into grooves. Two top 20 wins is an incredible achievement off six straight Power 5 losses. So anyone who is making this about the haters or keeping or getting rid of Manny, just enjoy this. This team is good enough to win with Manny or another coach, I am convinced of that. I've always said the talent is more important, as a great coach can't coach bad players to victories. And the talent is here - they need to add some transfer pieces in offseason and this team can make a serious run next year assuming we keep seeing the growth from the last two weeks.

I said after last game I can't remember the team looking this good in several years in terms of just giving its all and playing hard. That continues. And while the D needs some work it has some serious safety playmakers and enough on the DL to get it done.

Super proud of these kids, Van Dyke is the real deal. Enjoy this everyone!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News