ADVERTISEMENT

I wqs one of those IDIOT's that steadfastly and ignorantly claimed, that after what Mario did to us, (left Al Folden's staff) and joined to Saban's!

Impaler

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
Yeah, I was one of those morons who were annoyingly vocal and LOUD to boot, about Mario not waiting for the Golden Kluuwn Show to fail and be run out of town, then he coulda simply slid into the HC Chair. But looking back, it only took him (Mario) a few weeks to realize what a level of pure, unadulterated, unmitigated debacle that regime was, and made the correct decision to break camp and matriculate to an NFL type run orgnization. Now we are the benefactors of all that culled knowledge and this staff...I mean, what more can/needs to be said! But part of his thought process I read, as it pertains to one of the reasons for bringing (Roland Smith) onboard...well aside from the fact of him having a direct connection to one of, if not the best high school football program in Florida/nation these past 10+ years...is denoted below...an excerpt from the CaneSport article announcing the hire...

"In 2013, he took over at Miami Central and has won six state titles in his nine seasons. His overall record is 96-18.

"The move to Miami will allow Smith to get his foot in the door at his alma mater and also earn more money than he does as a high school coach."

***That is a very smart, intelligent...albeit calculating...move, but at the end of the day, still shows what type of HUMAN BEING...coach Mario is, and the level of his loyalty to former Canes as well...

Thx. for the time, as I sit here happily enjoying the "Murder of Crows" I've been eating for my previous Mario bashing...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News