ADVERTISEMENT

MORE COWBELL...!!!

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
Tampa Bay Rays baby...!!! STORMING into FIRST PLACE in the AL EAST past the Chowda-eating Red Sox, courtesy of the Greatness that is David Price... GO RAYS!!!
smokin.r191677.gif

Rays are rollin' Ad. Huge fan and this is the best lineup we've put out there in many years, if not ever. The starters are finally back in form, and when Cobb gets back, if he regains his form (he was honestly our best pitcher until he got hurt - better than Moore even) and Hernandez gets bumped out....ridiculous rotation. Deep bullpen, deep lineup (though not necessarily intimidating), Myers adding a 2nd bat you truly have to fear (this kid will be an absolute stud)....this is a different Rays team that has been bounced in the 1st round in recent years.

Originally posted by advarkas:
It was a bad call at home plate against Boston, but hey, BELIEVE ME when I say the Rays have been HOSED over the years on calls with the Yankees and Red Sox... lol.

that's true... i like the rays...

i saw a graph of joe nathan's strikes and ball calls vs stankees last week and it was ridiculous...also a graph of rivera's in the same game...2 totally different strike zones..

It was a bad call at home plate against Boston, but hey, BELIEVE ME when I say the Rays have been HOSED over the years on calls with the Yankees and Red Sox... lol.
Absolutely right, and not just over the years - I'm talkin' just the last 12 mo.'s. And against more than the Sox and Yanks. We've had like 4 completely "no f-n way" calls go against us this year that you think can't be possible...a tee ball ump wouldn't get those wrong. Madden got himself thrown out once and made a stink another time like "come on, we've been good sports but enough is enough."

Bad call tonight, that ump has to get himself in a better position to make the call, but that's part of the game. Just like Boston's guy getting a home run on a 300 ft flyball. 90% of FL's high school fields are deeper down the line that Boston's right field line. Rays played better and Price would've finished it off himself w/out the rain - I'm not apologizing.

fantastic game. playoff/world series type atmosphere (at least at my house)

great team to cheer for, gotta love them RAYS!

I like the post game tweets....

@TB : hey Sox scorekeeper, fix the division standings...

@BSox: hey TB, see you in September for our home series at the Trop...

Ouch....

UM
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

I love the Ray's . I just move to Ohio from Tampa 6 months ago but I went to many Rays game and also taught little league during my 13 year stay in Tampa! GO RAYS!

Originally posted by FightinIbis:

I like the post game tweets....

@TB : hey Sox scorekeeper, fix the division standings...

@BSox: hey TB, see you in September for our home series at the Trop...

Ouch....

UM

Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Saw these last night, too. Classic. I'm a Sox fan, but I can't but help and admire the way the Rays do it, from the front office on down. And they're on a roll right now. Only problem is, you'd rather be this hot in September and not July. But still, with that pitching, they'll be right there till the end. I'm still sticking with my Sox over Rays in the ALCS and Red Sox over Dodgers World Series.

And we care about the Tampa Bay Rays......on the UM fan site....because....why?

We're just weeks away from (arguably) the most important game this program has participated in...in years....and we're talking Major League Baseball?......In Tampa?....Really!....Seriously?!......

We're in 'The Gator Zone' now.....It's time to start thinking about those Florida Gators.....

Respectfully,

EMac
Ft. Pierce, FL.....via Homestead

Originally posted by jbcanes-nc:

that's true... i like the rays...

i saw a graph of joe nathan's strikes and ball calls vs stankees last week and it was ridiculous...also a graph of rivera's in the same game...2 totally different strike zones..
If it weren't for those darn umps, Joe Nathan would be as good as Mariano Rivera. Darn umps!

GO RAYS!! Is winning a one game series considered a "Sweep"? Anyway, I'll take it!

Originally posted by eddiemac66:

We're just weeks away from (arguably) the most important game this program has participated in...in years....and we're talking Major League Baseball?......In Tampa?....Really!....Seriously?!......

We're in 'The Gator Zone' now.....It's time to start thinking about those Florida Gators.....

Respectfully,

EMac
B/c there's only so much time we can spend discussing our wr depth or feelings on Coach D. When there's a single thread it's not an issue. When there are 5+ threads on the same OT, that's when it becomes a problem. There are 1000 different threads to choose from Eddie, you don't have to engage in this one if you don't want. And don't worry, I'm fully engaging in my own personal 2-a-days to get ready for the uf game.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by eddiemac66:

Respectfully,

EMac

Deep breath, we can discuss your favorite Marlins.

UM
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

its funny when Dolphins threads get deleted but here we go with a Rays thread. Rays are my 2nd team behind the Braves but this board is stupid sometimes..

dolphins threads getting moved when there's 8 active topics the whole day on forums sometimes...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT