ADVERTISEMENT

My Thoughts About Last Night's Game And Where This Team Is Headed...

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
First and foremost, hats off to the players for fighting their asses off. My prediction was Florida State 34 - Miami 20, and the final Score was 29-24, so it certainly was a closer game than I expected. There was a lot of bad in that game from BOTH players AND coaches, but the team did not quit.... Have to acknowledge that. However, moral victories are for losers... This is big boy college football and WINS and LOSSES are what TRULY matters at the end of the day... Not SPIN, not EXCUSES, and certainly not MORAL VICTORIES... You Golden Loyalists can have all that- I'll take change and a head coach who can and will WIN. I predicted 8-4 (5-3 ACC), and even THAT looks suspect at the moment... lol.

In my prediction thread from a few days ago, I talked about a lot of things, but I also talked about what I believed were the FIVE MOST IMPORTANT CRITERIA that we HAD to satisfy in order to win. Quoting these five criteria from my prediction thread:

(1) 40 team rushing attempts which combine for 150 team rushing yards
(2) Force one turnover in each half
(3) convert more than 50% on third downs
(4) hold Florida State to under 24 or less points
(5) Score First

(1) 40 Team Rushing Attempts Which Combine For 150 Team Rushing Yards: DIDN'T HAPPEN
I suggested 40 team rushing attempts, and what does Coley do...??? He puts together a game plan which has a TEAM TOTAL 18 RUSHING ATTEMPTS. Yearby only had 15 attempts...??? Walton had ONLY 1 RUSHING ATTEMPT...??? ONE! LMFAO... You know Coley, F**K YOU, and F**K Al Golden for not ripping the clip board out of his hands and firing him at half time... I don't give a s**t whether we were averaging 2.5 rushing yards per attempt. You are on the road, against a rival, as a touchdown underdog, you HAVE to make MORE of a COMMITTED EFFORT to RUNNING THE FOOTBALL...

Time and time and time again I have said that this team should do THE FOLLOWING TWO THINGS to improve the power running game: (1) UNBALANCED LINE; and (2) DOUBLE TIGHT END SETS. Instead, we run this FINESE shit out of the SHOTGUN, of all formations, and try to get too cute, too often... This offense is TOO PASS HAPPY with Kaaya out of the SHOTGUN. I don't care that Kaaya had a monster 400 yard 3 touchdown game... The GAMEPLAN from the get-go was GARBAGE, and it took a miracle LATE SECOND HALF RALLY to make that a game last night. We are NOT TCU. We do NOT have Boykin running the hurry up spread attack. The IDENTITY on offense is SHIT right now, and Coley is a COMPLETE FAILURE as a coordinator as far as I am concerned.

(2) Force One Turnover In Each Half: DIDN'T HAPPEN
REMARKABLY, there were ZERO TURNOVERS in that game... I thought that our defense needed to force at least one turnover in each half, and we didn't even force a single turnover. Not going to win big games like that without forcing a turnover...

(3) Convert More Than 50% On Third Down: DIDN'T HAPPEN
GRANTED, we DID IMPROVE our offensive efficiency in the Second Half, and we were 8 for 16 which is somewhat of an anomaly and miracle for this team, but the offense was FAR TOO INCONSISTENT in the first half, and we did NOT do well converting third downs in the first half which is precisely why we fell behind so early and often last night.

(4) Hold Florida State To Under 24 Or Less Points: DIDN'T HAPPEN
YES, the DEFENSE is PLENTY AT FAULT... 350 yards given up in the first half...??? LMFAO... What the HELL is that shit...??? The ONLY weapon Florida State has on offense is Dalvin Cook- how is there not a committed effort to double teaming this guy and making the ENTIRE FOCUS about Cook and forcing Golson to beat you...??? What the hell were these idiots looking at in the film room all week...??? Incredible... The Defense DID play BETTER in the Second Half, and the coaching staff DESERVES CREDIT for making some key halftime adjustments to slow down the Florida State offense. 29 points surrendered isn't great, but it isn't the worst in the world either...

I HATE TO SAY IT, but D'Onofrio is probably a BETTER COORDINATOR than Coley, and that opinion I have is more of an indictment of Coley than it is a compliment of D'Onofrio... BOTH ARE BAD, BOTH NEED TO BE FIRED, but D'Onofrio is having a better year than Coley as far as game plans and adjustments are concerned, and truly evidences the sad state of affairs of this football program.

(5) Score First: DIDN'T HAPPEN
You're a touchdown underdog, you're on the road, night game, coming off of a bad loss to Cinci... You HAVE TO SCORE FIRST and give your team much needed confidence... What do we do...??? Look FLAT and like shit, punt, and then the defense LAYS AN EGG and gives up a 5 play 90 yard drive for a TOUCHDOWN, which of course included the 70 yard touchdown play by Cook... Incredible...

This team LOVES to CHASE GAMES. Why the HELL are we seemingly always CHASING THE GAME... Always down 0-7, 3-10, 6-14, 10-20, 13-24, and on and on and on... Why can't we just go up 20-0 and have the CONFIDENCE and COMFORT of playing AHEAD...??? Why...??? I'll tell you why- we can't because we have a DOGSHIT coaching staff which is the WORST in ALL OF THE ACC and ONE OF THE WORST coaching staffs in the ENTIRE COUNTRY... We CHASE GAMES because this coaching staff is a damn DUMPSTER FIRE which has proven to be a failure over and over and over again in big games.

So there it is- FIVE CRITERIA TO WIN, and NONE OF THEM HAPPENED... LMFAO... Listen, I'm no prophet, and I've been wrong a lot of times in the past. But I've also been RIGHT a lot of times in the past... This isn't rocket science here folks... It's common sense and basic analytical skills based on what YOUR EYES are telling YOU about this team... Don't let the Golden Loyalists fool you with smoke and mirrors. Don't let them spin shit and vomit and shit excuses to defend a FAILED REGIME WHICH WILL BE FIRED. That's an INSULT to ALL OF YOUR INTELLIGENCE... You all are SMARTER THAN THAT. Let the Golden Loyalists live in their distorted, delusional world of blind support for Golden- a man for whom they fantasize and dream. A Golden Loyalist is a loser- someone who lowers the GOLD STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE at a proud and prestigious football program at the University of Miami, and rejects and change and embraces mediocrity instead of rejecting mediocrity and embracing change. I don't want to be associated with ass clown Golden Loyalists who are like this and can't see the forest for the trees. Let them eat shit and wallow in a cest pool of mediocrity with their pigs Golden and D'Onofrio.

As far as this team moving forward...??? Lol... Listen, that team left every ounce of emotion in Tallahassee last night... We may- MAY, not guaranteeing it, but we MAY see this team "mail it in" moving forward. The end is near. Golden and D'Onofrio are Bowie and Crockett in the Alamo, about to be overrun by Santa Anna and the Mexican Army which, metaphorically, is the Coastal Division...

Change is FORTHCOMING... Golden WILL be fired- it is not a question of "whether" or "if" he will be fired... NO. It is, as THOMAS ANDREWS, the chief architect and shipbuilder of the RMS TITANIC, famously said in the moments after the Titanic hit the iceberg, "A MATHETMATICAL CERTAINTY THAT SHE WILL SINK," just like the FoldenZook ship is sinking.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News