ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Baseball Game 2 Gainesville Regional: South Alabama vs Miami - Canes win, 1-0, advance to play USF!

AtlantaCane

SuperCane
Sep 7, 2005
Port Orange, Florida
Final Update:

We had a pitcher's duel tonight in Gainesville as the Canes won 1-0 vs South Alabama...

We play USF because the Bulls pulled off a major upset by beating the No. 1 regional seed Florida Gators on their home field, 5-3 in Game 1.

The only run scored came in the 5th inning on a SAC FO by Adrian Del Castillo...

Great job by our pitcher's Rosario, Federman and Palmquist who threw only 25 pitches at the end to get his 14th save of the year. For Alejandro Rosario, he went 6+ innings, the longest a UM pitcher has gone in 16 games.

That was our 14th NCAA shutout game in program history...the last time we did it was vs Bethune-Cookman in 2014 by a score of 1-0...

Final Linescore:
TeamsRunsHitsErrors
South Alabama040
Miami140
WP: Rosario (6-4)
Save: Palmquist (14)

VIDEO

Here's Coach DiMare's Post-Game Presser (Courtesy: ncaa.com/Runs 10:07)

The box score the NCAA provides is minimal at best...they walked us 7x and we had 4 hits so minus the lone run...we may have left as many as 10 runners on base...we struck out only 4x to their 7x...

We are now 33-19 on the year. and survive to play another day as we move on to the winner's bracket...we play USF on Saturday at 4 pm...

No matter if it was 1-0...we won...and we have a chance to win this regional...I hope many of U can join me for our game vs USF...

Go Canes!

-------------------

Hello Caniacs....

I am posting this before I drive out of my work parking lot. I hope to be home in time for the start. USF handed us a gift in Game 1 beating the No. I seed Gators on their own field, 5-3.

Now we have to take advantage and TCB. I hope to be back with U all soon.

MEDIA COVERAGE
Where to Watch on Cable & App Streaming: ACC Network
Where to Watch Online:
S. Alabama vs Miami (Watch ESPN/ACCNX/NCAA Baseball)
Where to Listen: WVUM Radio (Courtesy UM)
Where to View: Live Stats (Courtesy: NCAA.com)

It’s great to be...especially when the Gates lose.

I'm home in front of the PC, Caniacs..

Go Canes!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News