ADVERTISEMENT

OT: How are there still people out there who don't think Lebron

DonaldJTrump

SuperCane
Jun 27, 2013
Is the best player in the world?

He's no Jordan, but in todays NBA no one is close.

Can you put him on the Orlando Magic and guarantee that they make the finals next year? I say yes.

I couldn't say that for anyone else in the league.

Oh and any Heat fan who dislikes him is a total loser. He brought your team 2 titles and forever changed free agency attraction to Miami.

Reactions: pittman3j
Jordan never went up agains a TeAm like this warriors team ... I think out of all the finals teams labron has been on the only one that Jordan makes a difference and wins is heat Dallas ... Labon's 1st team in Cleveland Jordan doesn't win that one the loss to San Antonio I really don't think Jordan wins that one 1st one against golden state maybe maybe not .... Labron is special people need to quit watching him and comparing him to Jordan and just watch and enjoy his greatness guys like him and Jordan don't come around very often.

Jordan never went up agains a TeAm like this warriors team ... I think out of all the finals teams labron has been on the only one that Jordan makes a difference and wins is heat Dallas ... Labon's 1st team in Cleveland Jordan doesn't win that one the loss to San Antonio I really don't think Jordan wins that one 1st one against golden state maybe maybe not .... Labron is special people need to quit watching him and comparing him to Jordan and just watch and enjoy his greatness guys like him and Jordan don't come around very often.

The Warriors would have DUNKED IN JORDANS FACE

Can you put him on the Orlando Magic and guarantee that they make the finals next year? I say yes.

Oh and any Heat fan who dislikes him is a total loser. He brought your team 2 titles and forever changed free agency attraction to Miami.

Curry DUNKED in Lebrons FACE TONIGHT! Get a cab, it's over

Reactions: tysonisaiah
I get the love fest with Lebron and comparing eras is tough. However the argument that Lebron brought my Heat two championships is just crazy talk. Note that Lebron was in cleveland 7 years, 7 years without a title. Somehow he comes to the Heat and it is because of him that the Heat won two championships. Naw, that is disrespect to Wade and Bosh who combined with Lebron won two titles. Lebron needed Wade and Bosh and what is funny is Wade was not physically who he was in the past but he took his beating and stayed with his team. Lebron abandon his team to try to win a championship and did. I won't even mention Lebron being better than Jordan as again that is disrespectful to Jordan's greatness...but continue.

greatest ever that would have to go to bill russell..11 championships in 13 years,no one even comes close..
lebron fails the ultimate test to be labeled a GOAT.. he does not raise other people 's game.. it's all about him ...sometimes it works but as you are seeing in these playoffs teamwork like the warriors play beats solitary greatness. Plus lebron is way too much into monetizing his image ..promoting.crappy cars, for example. Unthinkable how he equated the insulting graffiti on the gate of his Los Ángeles home (which his staff soon cleaned up) with the violent death in the 50's of a Mississippi sharecripper's young son .. the two events were not remotely equal but lebron used the latter to pander to the anti racism crowd and suck up to those who suffer racism every day as if he were one of them

lebron fails the ultimate test to be labeled a GOAT.. he does not raise other people 's game.. it's all about him ...sometimes it works but as you are seeing in these playoffs teamwork like the warriors play beats solitary greatness. Plus lebron is way too much into monetizing his image ..promoting.crappy cars, for example. Unthinkable how he equated the insulting graffiti on the gate of his Los Ángeles home (which his staff soon cleaned up) with the violent death in the 50's of a Mississippi sharecripper's young son .. the two events were not remotely equal but lebron used the latter to pander to the anti racism crowd and suck up to those who suffer racism every day as if he were one of them
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. Lebron does not raise other peoples games. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. Too funny

the NBA is unwatchable as well. The super team crap is ruining the league (even though the Heat started it)
Celtics started it, no? Free agents Ray Allen & KG joined Paul Pierce to form the original Big 3. Heat did the same thing, so I can't gripe about it, and so have the Cavs.
The Warriors' Big 3 was homegrown.
As for the OP, it is impossible to say who the GOAT in the NBA is when you are looking at guys playing different positions in different eras. It makes for great debate but that's about it. . .

. . . MJ would have 8 'ships if not for baseball and this conversation is over but if it's about 'ships Russell is GOAT but MJ and Russell never faced the competition LeBron did going against the best of the West every year and certainly never played against a team like the Warriors.
See what I mean? Impossible

Last edited:
I don't think anyone believes he isn't the best in the game today. It's where he ranks historically that is up for debate.
top five and if he wins this final against this all star warriors team, he will be the GOAT hands down

Without an offensive rebound by Bosh and the kick to Ray Allen
The Heat would have lost that series.
You need a 8 man rotation all clicking to win 4 of 7.
And this series is not OVER yet!

Celtics started it, no? Free agents Ray Allen & KG joined Paul Pierce to form the original Big 3. Heat did the same thing, so I can't gripe about it, and so have the Cavs.
As for the OP, it is impossible to say who the GOAT in the NBA is when you are looking at guys playing different positions in different eras. It makes for great debate but that's about it. . .

. . . MJ would have 8 'ships if not for baseball and this conversation is over but if it's about 'ships Russell is GOAT but MJ and Russell never faced the competition LeBron did going against the best of the West every year and certainly never played against a team like the Warriors.

Ray and KG got traded

Reactions: roofermike

LOL - me!

He's the best player in the league, not better than Jordan (as your correctly pointed out), and COULD NOT get the Magic to the finals by himself. Give me a break, even when he made the finals with the Cavs the first time he had a decent squad (and couldn't win), then he won with the Heat (Bosh, Wade, and a decent bench) and finally won, then he went back to Cleveland demanding any player he wanted and finally won (oh on his second try).

He's the best in the game, best we've seen in a long time, but to me all his physical attribute and ability are shadowed by his inability to win. Sure he takes over games, sure he's a freak athlete, sure he's good, but I've seen him fold completely in games - Jordan never, ever did (Jordan wins with the Flu, Jordan never cried about "resting" - Bron Bron on the other hand has to sit out a game if stubs a toe, or cries when a player calls him a "p***y) - so I don't care what records he's breaking, its just his mentality and approach - he's soft.

Jordan

(People in between for you to argue)

Bron Bron.

Reactions: jonscott8

greatest ever that would have to go to bill russell..11 championships in 13 years,no one even comes close..

The G.O.A.T. The greatest winner in the history of team sports. I was fortunate enough to see him play at his peak.

His defense, shot blocking and rebounding revolutionized the game.

the NBA is unwatchable as well. The super team crap is ruining the league (even though the Heat started it)
I wouldnt go that far. The 80s Lakers dominated the West with no peers and the NBA was pretty damn popular to watch back then and when MJ was with the Bulls everyone knew they would be automatic champions for that six year stint.

I wouldnt go that far. The 80s Lakers dominated the West with no peers and the NBA was pretty damn popular to watch back then and when MJ was with the Bulls everyone knew they would be automatic champions for that six year stint.

RIGHT? Great point.

Hell BRON BRON even lost a finals with his "super team" at Miami. This argument is so dumb, I am sick of it to be honest. He's great - he's just not a winner in the way Jordan was.

Oh and just for s**'s and giggles - Jordan won Gold EVERY TIME he put on that USA #9, can't say the same for Bron Bron, had to settle for bronze (what a loser).

Jordan had his flaws. Folks just won't acknowledge them. Bron is arguably the best player today. People are forgetting that he is still putting good numbers. If the cavs would have one the first 2 games everyone would be taking about lebron's greatness and not Durant's. And while Durant is a great player in his own right, he has benefited more than anyone else from joining the warriors than the warriors benefiting from him.

Jordan had his flaws. Folks just won't acknowledge them. Bron is arguably the best player today. People are forgetting that he is still putting good numbers. If the cavs would have one the first 2 games everyone would be taking about lebron's greatness and not Durant's. And while Durant is a great player in his own right, he has benefited more than anyone else from joining the warriors than the warriors benefiting from him.

Jordan had to play in an era where teams were physical and it wasn't this up and down scoring. He also played in an era where there were true centers like Ewing, etc.

I love LeBron and what he has accomplished (I am a Knicks fan btw), but he is not Jordan. Jordan is #1 overall. I'd put Kareem, Magic, LeBron, Bird, Wilt and Oscar Roberson in the discussion for the 2nd tier.

K. Durant might be best now. Beating LeBron one on one, and in team play.

No way. Durant had to join a championship team to get a title (assuming they win it this season). LeBron came to a crappy Cavs team and got them a title and left the Heat, who then became crappy. It's not even close. I would put Westbrook and maybe even Harden ahead of Durant.

Ok, I have to ask, What were MJ's flaws outside of him not having a 3pt spot until later on in his career. You can't get any closer to NBA perfection than MJ

Lebron James took off games this year starting in game EIGHT of the regular season. He was, but he is not now the best. He is a lazy ass who is no longer the best. KD is the best in the game now, plays defense and offense.....and wait for it..............82 games a year. Next !!!! Lebron James 3-5 in finals, MJ......6-0. Did I say next yet. MJ...steel between the ears, Lebron, crackerjacks. MJ would have made this guy his personal assistant and soupmaker.

There were only 8 teams in the league when Bill Russel entered the NBA in 1956. 11 championships is still impressive, but pump the brakes.

top five and if he wins this final against this all star warriors team, he will be the GOAT hands down

You are clearly insane. Even if he wins against the warriors his record in the finals would be 4-4. That does not equal G.O.A.T. Not even close. Kobe was better. No need to mention jordan. By the way, look at the hall of fame list of guys that jordan kept from wining ships. Debate over.

Never faced a team like the warriors..... That's laughable.....the Celtics with bird DJ chief Danny ainge come on....the pistons....they all had great teams to beat.....the NBA isn't like it was in the 80s and 90s

Reactions: vivijane
lolololol at this sport that makes people focus on comparing players and teams across different eras. Other sports do it, but to a FAR lesser degree.

Exactly what is the fascination with whether Lebron is better than Jordan? It's Magic, no, it's Kareem, no it's Jordan, no it's Kobe, no it's this dude's cousin's sister's dog's roommate.

Man, I don't give a sh*t and never will...I just enjoy the sport for what it is now, and I YouTube videos of the 'old days' as well...great stuff...release the Kraken and the stupid talk!!! It's not even good radio talk show stuff, although they love it...basically the ppl that say it's Jordan will never change, and the one's that say Lebron are already convinced, and somewhere in the middle the Mamba is coming for all you b*tches.

Stupid talk. Right up there with comparing Alabama to the '01 Canes. Child please.

lols

Sure if Orlando also brings Irving and Love with him.
This ain't boxing, tennis or golf, this is a team sport. Ask Kobe about what it means to have some talent around you.....or not.

Reactions: Umazing561
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT