ADVERTISEMENT

Pros and Cons for Manny:

BrucieW

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 11, 2005
I think like any CEO or business owner the decision maker must weigh the pros and cons of retaining an employee. What are your Pros and Cons ? Here are mine before FSU:

Pros:
1. He did have a very good 2021 recruiting class. Many of the young guns are seeing quality PT. We can see these guys getting better moving forward (if they get coached up)

2. He has a QB (or two) who should continue to improve as he has so far in his limited starts.

3. It appears that the offense is finally in a rhythm the past few games and unless TVD gets hurt; there is no reason it shouldn’t continue.

4. The kids are playing hard although still not always doing what they’re assignment is.

CONS:

1. The recruiting class this year is a disaster after all the hope and buzz surrounding the “Barbecue”. He is nowhere near where he should be 3/4 of the way thru this season.

2. I have seen very very limited player development during his tenure here. Harley last year although he’s not a main target now. But when you analyze Pope, Wiggins, Ivey, Blades, Hall, Brooks, Huff, Scaiffe, Campbell, Hillery, Silvera, Ford, etc etc-not a good grade among them. Factor in that Mallory has not significantly improved while here and he gets a poor grade for talent development.

3. Defense-as the DC this unit is still struggling to make plays, tackle, get a quality pass rush, have solid LBer play and DB’s who can cover and turn and make plays on the ball. I also don’t think they are strong enough as the lack of a push upfield is still evident.

4. Lack of preparation has lead to falling behind in the early season games. With the way TVD is playing that trend has apparently stopped. Lashlee’s play calling and TVD’s play has saved Manny more than it being Manny all of a sudden coaching better.

5. Manny’s overall failure to achieve the expected success should lead to his being fired even if he goes 8-4 and ends with a 6 game win streak! The ACC is a joke this year and yet UM has struggled against App. St, Bama, MSU, UVA, UNC, NCST, PITT, and GT. Anyone who can look at the Overall Big Picture and wants CMD to get an “Extension” is jaded by these last 3 wins or is a glutton for punishment!

I do not see this team properly coached up or prepared and that goes for the future as well. Anyone expect a Manny coached team beating Texas A&M on Sept 17 in College Station?

Of course the real question is what is the Administration going to say about their intentions for the UM football program going forward? I for one will not be anywhere near as interested or involved with the program if serious changes aren’t made. If the school doesn’t care about the success of football here because they making money anyhow-then why should any of us give a damn??? Bottom line is that we will all find out pretty soon whether or not our very loud voices have been heard or have we been ignored?? It’s my opinion that win streak or not Manny needs to be thanked and shown the door. No animosity on my part but a business decision that needs to be made.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News