ADVERTISEMENT

Racist...Racist...Racist

Priceless. You describe yourself and you dont even know it. Your self awareness is zero. Its golden. God bless you.
No, I do not. My beliefs are my own. You are just deflecting as usual. I don't give a shit about either party.

Trouble with people like yourself is you believe in your mind everything is political so it is easy for you to not think for yourself. You want to allow a political party to make decisions for you and then you can base opinions off that. Those are other peoples opinions and you are not thinking on your own. Dems as you call them are just a political party. I do not need to be associated with either party to value humanitarian causes.
You don't know me nor do you know what I believe. Here, I'll help you. I am a Libertarian from a state whose motto is, :Live free or die."

Reactions: dolcane
You are contradicting yourself. You are telling me slavery was universally accepted around the world at this time and you are also saying this country was not built off slavery. Which is it? I am talking about facts. Do your homework.

You are conflating two different things. I did NOT say slavery did not exist throughout the world. I said this country was built off slavery. It was literally built off the backs of slaves. The institution its self. That doesn't mean the institution didn't exist other places.

We simply can not live with this naïve idea that what happened (400-NOT 200 years ago) is not part of the fabric of this country today. It's just painfully naive and willfully ignorant because that is who we are. What happened thousands of years ago is who England is. Those that choose to ignore history are doomed to repeat it. I personally get offended when someone tells me or implies I should forget my ancestors were beat, raped and forced to work without pay. Who do you think you are to have the right to tell me I can't live based on what happened then. Yes, I can. Because those are my ancestors not yours. They made sacrifices for me. Those sacrifices were not made to forget about them. They were made for progress....and a progressive agenda.
The truest post in this entire thread!!! Unfortunately you'll never get those who refused to acknowledge or lack the empathy required to realized the impact of slavery on this nation and it's current state. They'd rather we all (black and white), forget it ever existed and "MOVE ON", not realizing it's THAT mentality that keeps this country from moving on.

Reactions: cdwright40
The truest post in this entire thread!!! Unfortunately you'll never get those who refused to acknowledge or lack the empathy required to realized the impact of slavery on this nation and it's current state. They'd rather we all (black and white), forget it ever existed and "MOVE ON", not realizing it's THAT mentality that keeps this country from moving on.
Yeah, I gotta be honest. The best way for me to move on is to honor the people that sacrificed their lives for me. That is how I am moving on. I am never going to forget they existed. I am not going to forget they were used to build America the greatest country on the planet. It is the greatest country because of them and yet it is still a racist country. They would not want that and I am not going to act like that is okay. It's like you said. It's the mentality of people who simply are not able to have empathy that don't allow things to improve. While everyone else does all the work to progress. People of all color that understand and have empathy. We are 400 years behind as african americans in education, generational wealth, and not to mention mental health. So, it is easy for someone who is not behind to tell an african american to forget it. It didn't affect them at all.

Reactions: claboo
Trouble with people like yourself is you believe in your mind everything is political so it is easy for you to not think for yourself. You want to allow a political party to make decisions for you and then you can base opinions off that. Those are other peoples opinions and you are not thinking on your own. Dems as you call them are just a political party. I do not need to be associated with either party to value humanitarian causes.
So give to charity

It's not the same as it is in this country because this country was literally built off the institution of slavery 400 years. It has defined what it is from all aspects of life. That is not the case in every country.
Let’s dig into that CD. How exactly was our country built on the “institution of slavery”? I am willing to listen to your response.

You are a parrot. I suggest you wash your ears out and see if you can get rid of your selective hearing. @HJCane, @BreakingCane
Last Sunday, Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina added himself to the long list of Republicans who have denied the existence of systemic racism in this country. Graham said on Fox News this past Sunday that "our systems are not racist. America is not a racist country."
Graham argued that the country cannot be racist because both Barack Obama and Kamala Harris had been elected and somehow, their overcoming racial hurdles proves the absence of racial hurdles. His views seems to be that the exceptions negated the rule.
In the rebuttal to President Biden's address to a joint session of Congress, the other Senator from South Carolina, Tim Scott, the only Black republican in the Senate, parroted Graham and became an apologist for these denials of racism, saying too that the country isnt racist. He argued that "people are making money and gaining power by pretending we havent made any progress at all, by doubling down on the divisions we've worked so hard to heal."
Scott's argument seems to leave open the possibility that America may have been a racist country but it has matured out of it, that it has graduated to egalitarianism.
I dont make much of Scott's ability to reason,. This is the same man who said in March that "Woke Supremacy", whatever that is, "is as bad as White supremacy." There is no world in which recent efforts at enlightenment can be equated to enslavement, lynching and mass incarceration. None.
It seems to me that the disingenuousness on the question of racism is largely a question of language. The question turns on another question: what to you is America? Is America the people who now inhabit the land, divorced from its systems and its history? Or, is the meaning of America inclusive of those systems and history?
When people say that America is a racist country, they dont necessarily mean that all or most Americans are consciously racist. However it is important to remember that nearly half of the country just voted for a full on racist in DJT, and they did so by either by denying his racism, become apologists for it or applauding it. What then do you call this country?
Historically, however, there is no question the country was founded by racists and white supremacists, and that much of the early wealth of this country was built on the back of enslaved Africans, and much of the early expansion came at the expense of the massacre of the land's indigenous people and treaties were broken also.
8 of the 1st 10 presidents personally enslaved Africans. In 1856, the chief justice of the United States wrote in the infamous ruling of the Dred Scott case that Black people "for more than a century before being regarded as beings of an inferior order, and unfit to associate with the white race, either in social or political relations; and far inferior, that they had no rights which the white man was bound to respect."
America is not the same country it once was, but neither is it the country it purports to be.
Racism in America has evolved and become less blunt, but it hasnt become less effective. The knives have simply been sharpened. Now systems do the work that once required the action of the masses of individual racists.

Nice use of words, but failed. Notice your use of “mexican immigrants” and you don’t distinguish “immigrants” from “illegal aliens” as Trump said, which is a typical lefty change of words thinking no one noticed.

Yes. Many drug dealing murdererous gang member Mexican criminals re-enter our country illegally because they would be blocked at legal ports of entry otherwise. Those are undeniable facts.

You need to read some real news for once for some reprogramming due the all the brainwashing.
The fact is plain and simple. Detention centers were packed to the gills and no forms of protection given to these people at the initial phases of the pandemic. Those ICE agents and CBP personnel were place in risky situations.; the danger being the health risks that could be spread to their families. All detention centers were contracted out to defense contractors and owners of privatized prisons, who gave contributions to #45s run for the presidency. How about those that were mistakenly apprehended and deported? There no statistics on how many were wrongfully treated. So yes, some Mexican immigrants, who had citizenship became pawns to make it look like #45s plan was working.

You don't know me nor do you know what I believe. Here, I'll help you. I am a Libertarian from a state whose motto is, :Live free or die."
Love me some Lakes Region and White Mountains.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT