ADVERTISEMENT

Racist...Racist...Racist

You bring some interesting points.

From your perspective, has America made any improvements during your lifetime?

We are not where we need to be, but do you see us moving toward that end?
I wrote a post in this thread yesterday at 7:44 AM and cited some articles about Miami in the 60's no one commented. Check it out and you will see some of the major progress we have made.

You thinking I’m white says all we need to about your biases.
I also said you were MALE, was that equally biased....lol. But just for shytz and giggles, I'd bet a paycheck you are someone who at the very least identifies himself as white.....based on your history of posts.

@claboo you never responded to my question. Perhaps you missed it. It was a sincere question.

Unfortunately the left has made racism such a broadly referenced word that it’s been watered down now. the left wing nuts (some of which you align with here) believe if you’re white you’re a racist. It’s the only logical way to depict the bullshit they spew on here.

This is why I always laugh at these comments. Come face to face with WAR, AB’s, etc and get back to me. Aryan Nation and KKK are an absolute joke to these groups. The vast majority of whites aren’t racist. They don’t even care about skin color. They just want to live their life’s and not be bothered with nonsense.
"If you're white you're a racist"

Really??????.....Never once read that from a poster, nor have I seen it insinuated.

Don't confuse being white with being a die hard fan of DJ Trump. There's a huge difference. There are wonderful, well intended, decent, honest, respectful whites in this country, (Rep and Dem).....who will take offense to it.

Last edited:
I also said you were MALE, was that equally biased....lol. But just for shytz and giggles, I'd bet a paycheck you are someone who at the very least identifies himself as white.....based on your history of posts.
Identifies? That tells me you are a liberal. That is the new buzzword of the left. I can use the ladies restroom because I identify as a woman. Maybe it's just that I have to pee real bad and the mens restroom is locked?

Really??????.....Never once read that from a poster, nor have I seen it ensinuated.

Don't confuse being white with being a die hard fan of DJ Trump. There's a huge difference. There are wonderful, well intended, decent, honest, respectful whites in this country. (Rep and Dem).....who will take offense to it.
It's being said and TAUGHT daily.

Identifies? That tells me you are a liberal. That is the new buzzword of the left. I can use the ladies restroom because I identify as a woman. Maybe it's just that I have to pee real bad and the mens restroom is locked?
Independent.....I've voted for both, and vote my conscience. Both parties are flawed IMO

I did miss it.....what's the question

It's being said and TAUGHT daily.
Save the drama......you had as many whites marching and protesting with the BLM movement as blacks last year. Whites who realize the racism and disparity that exist, and want change also.

Save the drama......you had as many whites marching and protesting with the BLM movement as blacks last year. Whites who realize the racism and disparity that exist, and want change also.
claboo what change do you want to see? Serious question. A lot of major cities the police force is mostly minorities. What change? I ask the question but I am NOT insinuating no change is necessary. I'm just asking you.

You bring some interesting

Absolutely, there's been progress. I can go and eat in any restaurant I choose to, drink from any water fountain, attend any school, vote.....yes improvements have been made.
And I do see progress being made.....but it doesn't change my initial statement about this country.

claboo what change do you want to see? Serious question. A lot of major cities the police force is mostly minorities. What change? I ask the question but I am NOT insinuating no change is necessary. I'm just asking you.
Go back to my reply to the poster who said "the US being racist is Nonsense"
All that I provided in the response is just a start to what needs change

Absolutely, there's been progress. I can go and eat in any restaurant I choose to, drink from any water fountain, attend any school, vote.....yes improvements have been made.
And I do see progress being made.....but it doesn't change my initial statement about this country.
For your statement to be true progress would have had to be minimal and the majority of the country racist. I choose to see all the positives while being mindful that there are people with hate in their hearts around me.

Appreciate your perspective.

I’m troubled when I hear some say that we need to tear down the system and start over to solve the problem. From reading you posts, I don’t get the impression you endorse this, but many do.

My concern, my confusion is, if we are making progress why does this strategy exist? During my lifetime, I believe I’ve seen tremendous change and progress. Granted, I’m a white male.

I’m troubled when I hear some say that we need to tear down the system and start over to solve the problem. From reading you posts, I don’t get the impression you endorse this, but many do.

My concern, my confusion is, if we are making progress why does this strategy exist? During my lifetime, I believe I’ve seen tremendous change and progress. Granted, I’m a white male.
White male doesn't mean anything to what you wrote. Fact is this Country over last 50 years has made tremendous progress in civil rights including minorities, gay rights or LGBTQ, woman's rights, etc.. It can''t be disputed. It's a fact. In that regard I view the positives as a choice while others view the past and negatives. We can appreciate the advancements while continuing to move forward and continue the progress without bashing other races like White people. That approach won't work it's divisive.

Reactions: krvanness

Really??????.....Never once read that from a poster, nor have I seen it ensinuated.

Don't confuse being white with being a die hard fan of DJ Trump. There's a huge difference. There are wonderful, well intended, decent, honest, respectful whites in this country, (Rep and Dem).....who will take offense to it.
The dude acts like a snowflake clown boy who is too sensitive for the discussion. Of course being white doesn't mean you're racist. You did not insinuate this. Only people who easily get in their little feelings would think this or project it. These Trumpers act like victims. Victims of being viewed as racist because they allign themselves with people like Trump...and are always asking you to prove Trump is racist to them. As if retweeting white supremacists videos isn't enough.

Depends on what you mean specifically when you say "the system". Which system are you referring to? The school system? The judicial system? There are systems that could use drastic modification...and some that should be torn down completely.

The dude acts like a snowflake clown boy who is too sensitive for the discussion. Of course being white doesn't mean you're racist. You did not insinuate this. Only people who easily get in their little feelings would think this or project it. These Trumpers act like victims. Victims of being viewed as racist because they allign themselves with people like Trump...and are always asking you to prove Trump is racist to them. As if retweeting white supremacists videos isn't enough.
CD they are teaching it to children in schools. Corporations are holding seminars on it whereby they are telling white people they are RACISTS. It's wrong and it will not work.

Depends on what you mean specifically when you say "the system". Which system are you referring to? The school system? The judicial system? There are systems that could use drastic modification...and some that should be torn down completely.
School system? You want better? You must want a CHOICE for your kids which the Republicans have wanted to give you for years.

Reactions: utatem
School system? You want better? You must want a CHOICE for your kids which the Republicans have wanted to give you for years.
Republicans are trying to privatize schools so we can raise an era of privileged self indulgent wimps that don't have to go to school with the minorities they hate.

Reactions: Raoul2
White male doesn't mean anything to what you wrote. Fact is this Country over last 50 years has made tremendous progress in civil rights including minorities, gay rights or LGBTQ, woman's rights, etc.. It can''t be disputed. It's a fact. In that regard I view the positives as a choice while others view the past and negatives. We can appreciate the advancements while continuing to move forward and continue the progress without bashing other races like White people. That approach won't work it's divisive.
I totally agree with what you said...this my perspective, as a white guy. But, I'm wanting to get claboo's perspective, as a black guy.

I don't know how to identify "the system" because I am not the one saying it. I'm just repeating what I hear.

This is my disconnect. If things are getting better, then why do things need to be torn down? What system do you feel needs to be torn down completely?

Republicans are trying to privatize schools so we can raise an era of privileged self indulgent wimps that don't have to go to school with the minorities they hate.
If you had choices your kids could go to school with the privileged self indulgent wimps or you can just stay in your shyt schools and whine.

It’s human nature, no matter how wrong it is. Someone will hate someone else different than themselves. It will continue to exist everywhere that people are different.

If you had choices your kids could go to school with the privileged self indulgent wimps or you can just stay in your shyt schools and whine.
Or we can invest in our children by making America the top school system in the world instead of 27th in education.

CD they are teaching it to children in schools. Corporations are holding seminars on it whereby they are telling white people they are RACISTS. It's wrong and it will not work.
I have a difficult time believing that ANY school is teaching children that ALL white people are racist.....sounds like you're reaching trying to prove a point. As far as corporations holding seminars, I'd tend to believe that they are Cultural Diversity Seminars/Training, just as we had in the police department.

And no one is coming in there saying ALL whites are racists. Instead it's lessons being taught about the history of this country and why people, ALL PEOPLE, feel the way they do and how to better relations in the work environment and outside, with culturally diverse groups.

Then you don’t read this site very much! I almost commented on your secondary post which just shows how skewed and prejudice you are as a person. You need to step outside your box a little bit. Nobody cares what color you are and nobody bases their decision about you because of your skin color. They base it off your character and actions, like hitch is how it should be.

Reactions: BreakingCane
I have a difficult time believing that ANY school is teaching children that ALL white people are racist.....sounds like you're reaching trying to prove a point. As far as corporations holding seminars, I'd tend to believe that they are Cultural Diversity Seminars/Training, just as we had in the police department.

And no one is coming in there saying ALL whites are racists. Instead it's lessons being taught about the history of this country and why people, ALL PEOPLE, feel the way they do and how to better relations in the work environment with culturally diverse groups.
You obviously don’t know anything about Critical Race Theory which is being taught all over the place right now. It’s absolutely shameful and prejudicial in nature and honestly racist.

And no one is coming in there saying ALL whites are racists. Instead it's lessons being taught about the history of this country and why people, ALL PEOPLE, feel the way they do and how to better relations in the work environment with culturally diverse groups.
All ethnicities are racist, so to single out only one race as racist in educational settings, outside specific historical events, is a racist teaching.

Reactions: HJCane
It’s human nature, no matter how wrong it is. Someone will hate someone else different than themselves. It will continue to exist everywhere that people are different.
I would have to disagree with you. Hating someone different than you IS NOT human nature, that's learned behavior. And to minimize it as such, clearly indicates that you are not on the receiving end of the hateful or oppressive acts.

THIS is the problem that many blacks and other people of color have with SOME whites. They try and minimize the pain and/or oppression that blacks endure or they deny that racism is alive and well, and just chalk it up to "well that's just how it is or it's just human nature". Although you may not be the one inflicting the pain....a little empathy can go a long way in healing this nation.

All ethnicities are racist, so to single out only one race as racist in educational settings, outside specific historical events, is a racist teaching.
There are racist in all ethnicities, I would agree. However ALL ethnicities have not suffered the atrocities and oppressive acts that blacks have throughout history at the hands of whites in this country, therein lies the difference. And to pretend otherwise is disingenuous, failing to acknowledge this country's history.

I have no problems with kids being taught HISTORY, real history not just what makes certain groups feel better. Tell it like it is, or don't tell it at all.

Last edited:
There are racist in all ethnicities, I would agree. However ALL ethnicities have not suffered the atrocities and oppressive acts that blacks have throughout history at the hands of whites in this country, therein lies the difference. And to pretend otherwise is disingenuous, failing to acknowledge this countries history.
Interesting how you have to go back 200 years as an example of how this county is still racist today. We are talking racism today, not history. Your previous words.

The rest of your argument is nonsense. Other races were enslaved as well. Africans enslaved other Africans, not just Europeans/whites, Arabs enslaved the Jews, nazis enslaved and murdered Jews, and the Chinese are currently enslaving millions of Muslim Uighurs inside their own country. Whites enslaving blacks is a horrible piece of a much longer history of slavery across the world. I’m sure our Jewish posters would disagree with how their race has been abused and mistreated across the world over a longer period of time than African slaves, but what is the point of comparing unless your goal is divide a country?

Last edited:
Interesting how you have to go back 200 years as an example of how this county is still racist today. We are talking racism today, not history. Your previous words.

The rest of your argument is nonsense. Other races were enslaved as well. Africans enslaved other Africans, not judge Europeans/whites, Arabs enslaved the Jews, nazis enslaved and murdered Jews, and the Chinese are currently enslaving millions of Muslim Uighurs inside their own country. Whites enslaving blacks is a horrible piece of a much longer history of slavery across the world. I’m sure our Jewish posters would disagree with how their race has been abused and mistreated across the world over a longer period of time than African slaves, but what is the point of comparing unless your goal is divide a country?
I'm talking THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA....that's what this discussion is about. And again if you want some recent racism.......scroll back to my previous post when YOU opined that "saying the US was racist is NONSENSE". I listed several just to name a few.

I would have to disagree with you. Hating someone different than you IS NOT human nature, that's learned behavior. And to minimize it as such, clearly indicates that you are not on the receiving end of the hateful or oppressive acts.

THIS is the problem that many blacks and other people of color have with SOME whites. They try and minimize the pain and/or oppression that blacks endure or they deny that racism is alive and well, and just chalk it up to "well that's just how it is or it's just human nature". Although you may not be the one inflicting the pain....a little empathy can go a long way in healing this nation.
Hate is human nature. Evolutionary psychology explores this:

As we have seen, the conventional wisdom in the social sciences has his-
torically been that human nature is a blank slate—simply an imprint of an indi-
vidual’s background and experience. The emerging field of EP has, however,
led social scientists to rethink the nature of human nature. EP says that human
nature is not blank at all; it consists of a large number of evolved psychological
mechanisms. EP reminds us that we are part of the natural world and, like
other animals, have our own particular psychological tendencies that animate
many of our behaviors. We are obligated to examine the impact of what we are
upon who we are in understanding how, and why, people hate. To not seek
such evidence is like failing to search a suspect for a concealed weapon.
At first glance, some of the evolved psychological mechanisms posited by
EP appear to affirm our capacity for cooperative, caring, nonviolent rela-
tions–for example, love of kin; preferential altruism directed toward kin; reciprocal altruism; enduring reciprocal alliances or friendships; compassion; and so
forth. In many ways, we owe our success as a species to these pro-social
instincts. Ridley has even argued that it is our instinctive cooperativeness that
is the very hallmark of humanity and what sets us apart from other animals.
But EP also warns us that self-congratulation about our human nature is
premature. In British zoologist Matt Ridley’s words: “We have as many darker
as lighter instincts. The tendency of human societies to fragment into compet-
ing groups has left us with minds all too ready to adopt prejudices and pursue
genocidal feuds.”

In other words, beneath our social surface is a seamy underside of human nature that is much less flattering. We have a hereditary dark side that is universal across humankind. Acts of hatred are not beyond,
beneath, or outside ordinary humanness.
Should we really be surprised by the unflattering depiction of human nature that EP provides? In some ways, probably not. We already know that we have such nefarious capacities because history provides so many examples of their actualization. Perhaps as a result of our history of brutal inhumanity to each other, this view of human nature certainly has the weight of intellectual tradition on its side. Theologians beat evolutionary psychologists to the discovery of the “animal in humans” by several centuries. Indeed, the idea that human nature contained innate drives similar to those in animals is a central element of the traditional Christian view of human nature, often captured in the doctrine of original sin. As historians Kari Konkola and Glenn Sunshine conclude, “the hottest field in modern science [evolutionary psychology] is just in the process of discovering the part of human nature which Christianity used to
call ‘original sin!’”

Others agree that, regarding the nature of human nature, religion and evolutionary psychology converge to a surprising extent–though members of both fields fiercely refuse to acknowledge such a convergence.

EP, in spite of its youth, is lending substantial credibility to the perception
of a fundamental unity among human beings. While the roots of hatred cannot
be distilled solely to natural selection, we can no longer dismiss as an unsup-
portable theological or philosophical assumption the idea that human nature has a dark side. No longer can we evade the possibility that there is an essentialist
trait underlying our inhumanity to each other that makes each of us, ultimately,
capable of hatred. We must at least partially ground hatred in our evil human
natures and recognize that while an impulse to hate may not be the defining
characteristic of human nature, such an impulse certainly qualifies–at the very
least–as a human capacity. It is only in understanding the human nature of hate
that we will begin to understand hate as a normative part of our history and,
ultimately, begin to construct social structures and institutions that responsibly
address the problem of hate.

Then you don’t read this site very much! I almost commented on your secondary post which just shows how skewed and prejudice you are as a person. You need to step outside your box a little bit. Nobody cares what color you are and nobody bases their decision about you because of your skin color. They base it off your character and actions, like hitch is how it should be.
WOW...aren't you in denial...well tell that to all that are being denied opportunities, in head coaching at all levels, the judicial system in sentencing and (Judges), instructor positions in white universities, etc etc.

And I guess Trump was thinking the same as you when he was appointing his Appellate Judges.....50+, not one Black. But I'm sure their race had nothing to do with it right....SMH

Last edited:
Hate is human nature. Evolutionary psychology explores this:

As we have seen, the conventional wisdom in the social sciences has his-
torically been that human nature is a blank slate—simply an imprint of an indi-
vidual’s background and experience. The emerging field of EP has, however,
led social scientists to rethink the nature of human nature. EP says that human
nature is not blank at all; it consists of a large number of evolved psychological
mechanisms. EP reminds us that we are part of the natural world and, like
other animals, have our own particular psychological tendencies that animate
many of our behaviors. We are obligated to examine the impact of what we are
upon who we are in understanding how, and why, people hate. To not seek
such evidence is like failing to search a suspect for a concealed weapon.
At first glance, some of the evolved psychological mechanisms posited by
EP appear to affirm our capacity for cooperative, caring, nonviolent rela-
tions–for example, love of kin; preferential altruism directed toward kin; reciprocal altruism; enduring reciprocal alliances or friendships; compassion; and so
forth. In many ways, we owe our success as a species to these pro-social
instincts. Ridley has even argued that it is our instinctive cooperativeness that
is the very hallmark of humanity and what sets us apart from other animals.
But EP also warns us that self-congratulation about our human nature is
premature. In British zoologist Matt Ridley’s words: “We have as many darker
as lighter instincts. The tendency of human societies to fragment into compet-
ing groups has left us with minds all too ready to adopt prejudices and pursue
genocidal feuds.”

In other words, beneath our social surface is a seamy underside of human nature that is much less flattering. We have a hereditary dark side that is universal across humankind. Acts of hatred are not beyond,
beneath, or outside ordinary humanness.
Should we really be surprised by the unflattering depiction of human nature that EP provides? In some ways, probably not. We already know that we have such nefarious capacities because history provides so many examples of their actualization. Perhaps as a result of our history of brutal inhumanity to each other, this view of human nature certainly has the weight of intellectual tradition on its side. Theologians beat evolutionary psychologists to the discovery of the “animal in humans” by several centuries. Indeed, the idea that human nature contained innate drives similar to those in animals is a central element of the traditional Christian view of human nature, often captured in the doctrine of original sin. As historians Kari Konkola and Glenn Sunshine conclude, “the hottest field in modern science [evolutionary psychology] is just in the process of discovering the part of human nature which Christianity used to
call ‘original sin!’”

Others agree that, regarding the nature of human nature, religion and evolutionary psychology converge to a surprising extent–though members of both fields fiercely refuse to acknowledge such a convergence.

EP, in spite of its youth, is lending substantial credibility to the perception
of a fundamental unity among human beings. While the roots of hatred cannot
be distilled solely to natural selection, we can no longer dismiss as an unsup-
portable theological or philosophical assumption the idea that human nature has a dark side. No longer can we evade the possibility that there is an essentialist
trait underlying our inhumanity to each other that makes each of us, ultimately,
capable of hatred. We must at least partially ground hatred in our evil human
natures and recognize that while an impulse to hate may not be the defining
characteristic of human nature, such an impulse certainly qualifies–at the very
least–as a human capacity. It is only in understanding the human nature of hate
that we will begin to understand hate as a normative part of our history and,
ultimately, begin to construct social structures and institutions that responsibly
address the problem of hate.
White kids and black kids play together just fine.......until they get TAUGHT that they shouldn't, and TAUGHT to dislike those who are not like them, and TAUGHT to hate those who are different or do things differently.
Then they become adults and we have the culture we're stuck with now.

WOW...aren't you in denial...well tell that to all that are being denied opportunities, in head coaching at all levels, the judicial system in sentencing and (Judges), instructor positions in white universities, etc etc.

And I guess Trump was thinking thing the same as you when he was appointing his Appellate Judges.....50+, not one Black. But I'm sure their race had nothing to do with it right....SMH
Sure, i agree, Trump could have chosen more black judges, but if you’re being honest, judges are too often chosen by their political ideology and qualifications, and there are significantly fewer black conservatives than liberals, unfortunately.

Just curious, are people supposed to be chosen by the merits of their work and character or the color of their skin? Also, is the NBA racist because there are not enough white players?

White kids and black kids play together just fine.......until they get TAUGHT that they shouldn't, and TAUGHT to dislike those who are not like them, and TAUGHT to hate those who are different or do things differently.
Then they become adults and we have the culture we're stuck with now.
You gotta read more from sociologists. It’s not just about them being taught, which is obvious, but not solely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT