ADVERTISEMENT

remember this girl?

Originally posted by samagy16:

Originally posted by Patrick Brendan

Originally posted by saltycane:
It is sad to see a young person ruin their lives, but this country would have less tragedies if we toughened the DUI penalties as mentioned above. Other countries have much stricter laws and people don't even think about driving drunk.
This girl's life will be no more ruined than Amanda Knox's likely will. Both killed somebody, though in diff. cirsumstances, but will get along fine, as both have strong support groups and enjoyed privileged upbringing and have the legal representation such privilege enjoys.

The family of the victims in both cases is a totally different matter.

amanda knox? how do you conclude she is a killer? please elaborate.

Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Samagy, as far as the grandmother and her family is concerned, they could rightfully call the UM girl a killer. Your issue, or my issue with your issue, is that you insinuate a killer only is a "murderer". I was addressing the issue of privilege vs penalty as it relates to non-privilege/penalty usually always works out for those with deep pockets in our system as far as offenses and jail time go.

Accident or murder, the victim is as dead one way or the other, as is each victim's family's loss equal.
The system seems to work the same in Italy as it does in Fl.

Originally posted by Schnellys_Stache:

Originally posted by 52CANES:

Originally posted by Cali6cane:
Her penalty is enough...

I feel bad for both sides of the coin.
You feel bad for someone that doesn't want to spend money on a taxi, so they jump in a car drunk and destroy the life of your family? Some little rich princess who decided the laws to protect people from being KILLED don't need to be followed by her...

I have ZERO sympathy for DUI's. You should get 5 years for a dui, 10 years for the second, and 20 years for any dui resulting in injury of another person.

This post was edited on 5/19 10:53 AM by 52CANES

^^^ Just curious, U never drove drunk? ^^^

Maybe you haven't and I understand its a tragedy all around, but 99% of our population has. Its not ok or cool or wtvr but it is really really common.

Obviously the driver is in the wrong but your a bit over the top on those sentences. They are comical.

I got a DUI after taking a few clients out when I was 26. I had 3 glasses of wine. I was just barely over the limit. I was .082 and change with the limit being .080. Im 31 years old now. Should I be getting out of jail this year? (obviously nobody was injured)
99% of the population has driven under the influence of alcohol?! That is a laughable statement.

And your DUI was marginally over the legal limit, this girl was triple the legal limit and was doing double the speed limit when she killed another person.

What she did is remarkably reckless and her punishment is grossly inadequate.

Originally posted by samagy16:

Originally posted by saltycane:
It is sad to see a young person ruin their lives, but this country would have less tragedies if we toughened the DUI penalties as mentioned above. Other countries have much stricter laws and people don't even think about driving drunk.
This girl's life will be no more ruined than Amanda Knox's likely will. Both killed somebody, though in diff. cirsumstances, but will get along fine, as both have strong support groups and enjoyed privileged upbringing and have the legal representation such privilege enjoys.

The family of the victims in both cases is a totally different matter.

amanda knox? how do you conclude she is a killer? please elaborate.

Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Samagy, as far as the grandmother and her family is concerned, they could rightfully call the UM girl a killer. Your issue, or my issue with your issue, is that you insinuate a killer only is a "murderer". I was addressing the issue of privilege vs penalty as it relates to non-privilege/penalty usually always works out for those with deep pockets in our system as far as offenses and jail time go.

Accident or murder, the victim is as dead one way or the other, as is each victim's family's loss equal.
The system seems to work the same in Italy as it does in Fl.

forget about everything else you wrote about priviledged and so forth. your post says "both killed someone" that is what im referring to. how do conclude that about knox? you do know she is free and they have nothing on her except that she acted a bit goofy afterwards. they had a crime scene full of blood and dna, a total mess and no dna from her. was she able to walk around and just clean up her stuff? just wondering. thnks.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Yes, I believe Miss Knox is a killer/murderer/accomplice, whatever word you would care to use, Samagy. And so did the court which tried she and her boyfriend and the African initially, sentencing her to a hefty # of years. That was thrown out on technicalities, reason she is now relaxing in Seattle.

Very recently, the Italian final court of appeals, as their Supreme Court, threw out the overturning, saying evidence is strong enough for murder for dear Amanda to be retried. Question being whether or not she will attend her own trial. If she wasn't well-connected, she would never have been able to leave Italy, or be there in the first place, for that matter.

Using the system all that she can, can't blame her, is just the way the system works.

Yes, I believe Miss Knox is a killer/murderer/accomplice, whatever word you would care to use, Samagy. And so did the court which tried she and her boyfriend and the African initially, sentencing her to a hefty # of years. That was thrown out on technicalities, reason she is now relaxing in Seattle.

Very recently, the Italian final court of appeals, as their Supreme Court, threw out the overturning, saying evidence is strong enough for murder for dear Amanda to be retried. Question being whether or not she will attend her own trial. If she wasn't well-connected, she would never have been able to leave Italy, or be there in the first place, for that matter.

Using the system all that she can, can't blame her, is just the way the system works.

I am very aware of the trial and the recent ruling by the courts to have her face a new trial. its interesting how you think she is a murderer accomplice etc when everything points to her NOT being at the scene. I guess you are the kind of guy who leans toward not giving the benefit of the doubt which is okay. guilty 1st and try to prove your innocence 2nd. everything ive read and seen on this case points to an overzealous town, prosecutor and people wanting someone to be responsible for this tragedy. such a crime scene and no dna......... we can agree to disagree.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT