ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Rush Limbaugh

Trump would not exist as a politician without Rush and Fox. Together, they steered the right wing agenda and energized their followers. Trump saw that and shrewdly rode the waves they created.

Reactions: zackbear
Trump would not exist as a politician without Rush and Fox. Together, they steered the right wing agenda and energized their followers. Trump saw that and shrewdly rode the waves they created.
3 liars in first sentence. All 🤡🤡🤡

Reactions: hawaiian cane
He was a self proclaimed conservative. Not a radical, loved by millions, a number of Presidents and died from Cancer. So now, speak bad of him. Just a Conservative American!

He said some pretty lousy things. I was a ditto head in the late 80's. I thought I was in on the joke, similar to Stern and Neil Rogers. By the 90's I realized the his hate was real, wasn't schtick, real. So I moved to Schnitt and watched the cancer of his words fester.

He said some pretty lousy things. I was a ditto head in the late 80's. I thought I was in on the joke, similar to Stern and Neil Rogers. By the 90's I realized the his hate was real, wasn't schtick, real. So I moved to Schnitt and watched the cancer of his words fester.
It was probably a mis interpretation of what he said. He was direct tough, and unashamed. He was Americas voice. What was on his lung was on his tong.

Reactions: grbcane
Stern is an idiot shock jock., Neil Rodgers was any subject to shock. Limbaugh, who I didn't agree with on all subjects,was more true and more explanatory regarding his positions. You agreed or dis agreed even if you leaned Conservative. He was an intelligent speaker. Sorry you didn't understand.

Stern is an idiot shock jock., Neil Rodgers was any subject to shock. Limbaugh, who I didn't agree with on all subjects,was more true and more explanatory regarding his positions. You agreed or dis agreed even if you leaned Conservative. He was an intelligent speaker. Sorry you didn't understand.
Are you Rush’s relative, close personal friend, his agent? My god you’re defending him like he is

ok you slurped his propaganda. Whatever

Last edited:

No doubt about it. Limbaugh was really the first wave of entertainers who gradually began to corrode the conservative movement by commodifying it away from principle toward grievance. Without him, Fox wouldn't have taken off in the 90s and the slew of copycat radio profiteers who like Liddy, Savage, and many others, wouldn't have taken off as they did. All of that gaslighting created the cultural foundation for the Tea Party movement and eventually Trumpism.

Last edited:
I listened to Neil some before I moved to Utah. The bridge tender bit was funny. Also remember some Mike Tyson song as well as the Man in the Tollbooth song set to MJ's Man in the Mirror, Make That Change song. He could get old at times but had some really funny stuff.

No doubt about it. Limbaugh was really the first wave of entertainers who gradually began to corrode the conservative movement by commodifying it away from principle toward grievance. Without him, Fox wouldn't have taken off in the 90s and the slew of copycat radio profiteers who like Liddy, Savage, and many others, wouldn't have taken off as they did. All of that gaslighting created cultural the foundation for the Tea Party movement and eventually Trumpism.
Yes part of creating the cult. Just blind idiots who can’t think for themselves.

Reactions: zackbear and Raoul2
I listened to Neil some before I moved to Utah. The bridge tender bit was funny. Also remember some Mike Tyson song as well as the Man in the Tollbooth song set to MJ's Man in the Mirror, Make That Change song. He could get old at times but had some really funny stuff.
For me, he was an occasional chuckle.

Reactions: 801canesmxer
Very sad day, a truly great American. Grew up listening to him. He was talk radio when there was no talk radio. There is now a huge hole and he will be sorely missed. There is and never will be anyone like him. There are very few people you can say that of.

No doubt about it. Limbaugh was really the first wave of entertainers who gradually began to corrode the conservative movement by commodifying it away from principle toward grievance. Without him, Fox wouldn't have taken off in the 90s and the slew of copycat radio profiteers who like Liddy, Savage, and many others, wouldn't have taken off as they did. All of that gaslighting created cultural the foundation for the Tea Party movement and eventually Trumpism.
I think where your argument is flawed is
Hmmm but you’re replying to every post about him lol. It’s ok you were a big fan of his 🤮
I think I understood but didn't always agree on his positions. Didn't listen all the time due to my dislike of AM radio.

Reactions: Cat.5 Cane
Rush was an american success story.
Came into a business with nothing Raw green.
Became the biggest ever.
Saved AM radio .
Fired several times.
Believed in Liberty, Private Property ,the US constitution.
Over and over preached that the USA is the only place on earth that you can do what ever you set your mind to.
If you can't respect that then you should have listened ,it would have been worth your time
Go Canes

Very sad day, a truly great American. Grew up listening to him. He was talk radio when there was no talk radio. There is now a huge hole and he will be sorely missed. There is and never will be anyone like him. There are very few people you can say that of.
JTH with your obvious opinion. Ice is cold lol

Who do you admire more rush or kiffin?

Rush was an american success story.
Came into a business with nothing Raw green.
Became the biggest ever.
Saved AM radio .
Fired several times.
Believed in Liberty, Private Property ,the US constitution.
Over and over preached that
JTH with your obvious opinion. Ice is cold lol

Who do you admire more rush or kiffin?
Look, who do you admire? Maxine Waters, the dumbest person on earth or Andrew Cuomo, a serial killer? Where are you going with this? Lol

Reactions: grbcane
Man for me the golden age was Ferrel in the morning, Neil midday, flip to Rush, then Rick and Suds then Maddog and Phil Hendrie. My goodness...Randy Rhodes was funny back then too, Todd Schnitt on my evening drive, radio was awesome.

Reactions: 801canesmxer
Man for me the golden age was Ferrel in the morning, Neil midday, flip to Rush, then Rick and Suds then Maddog and Phil Hendrie. My goodness...Randy Rhodes was funny back then too, Todd Schnitt on my evening drive, radio was awesome.
I didn't get to listen to very much radio during the day. I was doing roofing back then and only got to listen when I took the truck to the dump or supply store.

Never really cared for him. He called Barack Obama "Curious George The Monkey". He mimicked Rev Jesse Jackson on how he pronounced words. Cant remember how long ago it was but he took a phone call from a African American woman and couldnt understand her. He told her "Call me back after you remove that bone from your nose." He recieved the Presidential medal from #45. It was trump throwing out the crumbs.
Limbaugh had it coming. He doesnt get my sympathy.

This is where the saying "if you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all" is applicable for me. Another example of how different perception truly is for some.

Reactions: cems52 and HJCane
I find this thread very telling. As you can plainly see we conservatives believe in and respect free speech. The liberals only like free speech if the speaker is speaking in a manner they approve of and if not you are trashed. The beauty of free speech is you don’t have to listen. Really a remarkable concept. Don’t tune in.

Never really cared for him. He called Barack Obama "Curious George The Monkey". He mimicked Rev Jesse Jackson on how he pronounced words. Cant remember how long ago it was but he took a phone call from a African American woman and couldnt understand her. He told her "Call me back after you remove that bone from your nose." He recieved the Presidential medal from #45. It was trump throwing out the crumbs.
Limbaugh had it coming. He doesnt get my sympathy.
It’s a radio show. Part serious part comedy part jest. Numerous liberal talking heads that say shocking things on radio

I would tune into Rush a couple times a day just to see what that side is thinking. I’d tune out when he said something I know to be false or a gross distortion of fact, which was usually within 20-30 seconds. How many of his “ditto heads” died because they believed his remarks on COVID?

I find this thread very telling. As you can plainly see we conservatives believe in and respect free speech. The liberals only like free speech if the speaker is speaking in a manner they approve of and if not you are trashed. The beauty of free speech is you don’t have to listen. Really a remarkable concept. Don’t tune in.
Na. The point folks are making isn’t that he shouldn’t be allowed to spew hate, they are pointing out the impact of his words and his legacy in their opinions. Is it distasteful given the proximity of his death? In normal situations I would say yes, but give his often toxic inflammatory comments immediately after any number of folks death it could be seen as fair game, hell even homage. Even so I’ll refrain from it.

But don’t conflate them critique of his opinion with the prohibition of it. Rush called for more boycotts than anyone. If a Republican didn’t tow the line he immediately castigated them. Let’s not be intellectually dishonest about it; obfuscation be damned.

Really guess a lot of comedians will be out if Busuness but that’s what you liberals want. Everyone shut the F up tow the line be PC according to your rules and stifle free speech. You people are pathetic fools
Free speech isn't what you think it is. Freedom isn't free. Stop lookng for the handout and pay the price for freedom. Being PC is looked down upon but the thing is it is just respecting others. You don't feel you should have to respect other people when you say things like this. He was not a comedian. That's the difference. He is a demagogue....trying to get a reaction from pathetic cucks that would rather walk around entitled than respect any other culture but their own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT