ADVERTISEMENT

RIP to a young canes fan.

The world can be a harsh place. May he rest in peace.

ohhh boy, U have just opened the gates for all the racists, closeted racists and FOX "news" drones on this board to run wild. They are gonna disparage this kid and say he deserved it blah blah blah

The MORON brigade is on its way

3-2-1

Kerem..believe me I kno it..disgusting.

This post was edited on 7/12 4:36 PM by ucfgoon51

Originally posted by kerem:

ohhh boy, U have just opened the gates for all the racists, closeted racists and FOX "news" drones on this board to run wild. They are gonna disparage this kid and say he deserved it blah blah blah

The MORON brigade is on its way

3-2-1
Sounds like you are the racist.

This post was edited on 7/12 4:30 PM by cane856

Its a very unfortunate series of events. No need to discuss this here. The media has done enough to fan the flames of violence if he is acquitted.

Should of never happened.
But it happens almost every day.
Sad and wrong on so many levels.
Hope the family heals as best it can.

I didn't follow the case and don't know who was right and who was wrong. I do know that lives were ruined and one ended. Very sad.

I imagine this thread will get deleted like the other one because this board or site really isn't the proper forum.

However, having read most of the CS posts involved with this case, unless one was in the courtroom every day, or watched wall-to-wall coverage on TV or read the entire transcript of the trial, how can anyone here fairly and accurately say Mr. Zimmerman is guilty or innocent? Other than read some stories and watch some news reports I don't know enough facts to make a rational decision either way.

In my mind the case was one-sided because young Mr. Martin was not able to tell us his side of the story. We couldn't even get a "he said, he said" so how can anyone here come to a truthful conclusion? If your life was hanging in the balance, would you want your fate decided in a such a matter-of-fact manner?

I think it's pretty obvious to say this case was lost for the Martin family because the prosecution failed to convince the jury of the charges leveled against Mr. Zimmerman. The burden of proof was on the prosecution to convince the jury otherwise and to not even get the secondary manslaughter charge.... Now, was it because the prosecution did a poor job of presenting their side or was it because the jury just didn't see enough evidence to convict the man? The final decision doesn't mean Zimmerman is guilty or innocent so I don't know if justice was properly served or not.

Like the O.J. case, it appears to me this case is split down racial lines with African Americans convinced Mr. Zimmerman is guilty and whites (and also Hispanics) believing he is innocent. Now it appears this case will follow the same path as O.J. with a civil trial. In the aftermath, Now the Justice Dept. says it will look for other charges to file against Zimmerman. Are they doing so because they feel they have other facts to bring about a second trial or is this a move to appease those who sided with the Martin family? Maybe the JD knows of something we don't. But if they are bowing to political pressure that is wrong. I know this, the verdict will spark a lot of discussion and maybe that's a good thing. But if people use the decision to further their own political (pro or con) agendas that will solve nothing and probably make things even worse.

I don't know what the right outcome is and personally, I don't think the majority of posters on this board really know either. Of course, everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect them for that right. But if passion and emotion are what's driving you to your conclusion, I wouldn't want you on the jury if I was standing trial.

Go Canes!
This post was edited on 7/14 10:51 PM by AtlantaCane

Where r all the pics of him when he died, not when he's a lil kid??? He was a thug and the liberal media wants to portray this as a racial case, what about the lil girl Autumn that was brutally killed by two black kids for her bike last yearthat never made the media??? The justice system served it's purpose, and yes, the defense ate the prosecution alive
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Cane1799 what happened to the two black kids that killed a little girl? Did they walk away FREE?

Not the point, no one heard shyte about it, Zimmerman was tried in court and found not guilty....my point is that when blacks kill blacks or whites outta not an issue, but when a black is killed by a white or in this case, a hispanic, it's a huge deal....do u not agree?

justice prevailed????? its clear that zimmerman was the aggressor since he was armed. it didnt help trayvon martin & his family that the prosecution focused only on 1st degree murder. also mr zimmerman has had a few brushes with the law. so how is it that hes authorized to carry a firearm when hes the neighbood watchdog? he was told by police dispatch not to follow trayvon. iys obvious mr z was dying to use his handgun. hes a trigger happy SOB.

I dont think any of us know all the fact to the trial so its unfair to say race played apart in it... a young boy died too early that is the tradgety [sp?] of it all... for the old guy he was tried in front of a jury the jury found him innocent not a race just one guy tried in front of a jury

Sorry to see Trayvon's life was taken way too soon

Hawaiian, so if u carried and some one was beating ur ass, on top of u, and u felt that u could not defend urself, would u not pull out ur gun??

cane1799, if mr z followed the directions of the PD dispatcher we would not be talking about this. did mr z feel compelled to follow trayvon because he was armed? its obviuos he felt entitled to apprehend trayvon. if someone has a track record with the police dept
they shouldnt be allowed to carry a firearm. to let someone carry a firearm just because they're the neighbood watch is unacceptable. yes mr Z is not guilty but his problems have just started all because he made the decision to carry a firearm. he wont be able to go anywhere without being recognized. its an understatement to say his life is now on hold.
it will be unsafe for him to go to a supermarket, dept store, movie theater, etc. I dont wish anyharm on mr z. I hope anyone who is authorized to carry a gun is cognizant of the consequences.

Originally posted by Cane1799:
Hawaiian, so if u carried and some one was beating ur ass, on top of u, and u felt that u could not defend urself, would u not pull out ur gun??

Posted from wireless.rivals.com

This is exactly why Zimmerman was found not guilty.

Cane 1799 talk with some common sense it's not about black and white to me and i'm black, i asked about the two black kids because if they were found NOT GUILTY and walked I would be just as upset. You're coming off as a racist, GZ walked simply because of the loop holes in the Justice system, such as no law to follow someone, because all he had to do was stay in his Truck and wait on the police, but no he had the Trump Card a GUN, if he didn't have that gun I Guarantee you he never would have followed that kid, but he did because he wanted to play cop. It doesn't matter to me who was winning the fight because it NEVER should've come to that. Again race don't matter to me, Wrong is Wrong in my eyes. Now we have a dead child who had Skittles and an Ice tea............ Simply a Tragedy, and you have to be an IDIOT to see it any other way..

Originally posted by willtt03:
Cane 1799 talk with some common sense it's not about black and white to me and i'm black, i asked about the two black kids because if they were found NOT GUILTY and walked I would be just as upset. You're coming off as a racist, GZ walked simply because of the loop holes in the Justice system, such as no law to follow someone, because all he had to do was stay in his Truck and wait on the police, but no he had the Trump Card a GUN, if he didn't have that gun I Guarantee you he never would have followed that kid, but he did because he wanted to play cop. It doesn't matter to me who was winning the fight because it NEVER should've come to that. Again race don't matter to me, Wrong is Wrong in my eyes. Now we have a dead child who had Skittles and an Ice tea............ Simply a Tragedy, and you have to be an IDIOT to see it any other way..

Then a majority of Americans are idiots according to your standards. Most polls state that a majority of Americans felt that Zimmerman was not guilty. Also, Martin wasn't shot for carrying Skittles and Ice Tea. He was shot because he attacked someone with brutal force.

You mean that the majority of WHITE americans felt zimmerman was not guilty. Stop twisting the truth! Only in Amerikkka!! Was it JUSTICE or JUST US? This country is now more divided than ever!

Originally posted by Cane1799:
Where r all the pics of him when he died, not when he's a lil kid??? He was a thug and the liberal media wants to portray this as a racial case, what about the lil girl Autumn that was brutally killed by two black kids for her bike last yearthat never made the media??? The justice system served it's purpose, and yes, the defense ate the prosecution alive
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
So a thug doesn't have the right to walk home in the rain after going to the store??
GZ also had run ends with the law and was convicted.?

That would have been me is all I can say. Dead.?
This post was edited on 7/15 8:09 AM by atwanmac

Originally posted by sabrose:
Its a very unfortunate series of events. No need to discuss this here. The media has done enough to fan the flames of violence if he is acquitted.
Perfect summation.

The media and the other vultures of the world are the culprits here. Regardless of how you feel about the facts of the situation, deaths like this occur every day all over the Country without the slightest bit of coverage....and they are every bit the tragedy that this is.....

The Martin family should be able to grieve their horrible loss without the circling of the vultures trying to pick the tragedy apart for personal gain.

UM

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT