ADVERTISEMENT

Rousey was a fraud that the media made.

Credit to her being a pioneer in women's fighting but the competition simply wasn't there.

Blueprint is out on Rhonda, so flat footed and slow on her feet. Women's fighting has really picked up the last few years and it has surpassed Rhonda by light years.

She also screwed up changing her coaches and team before the holly fight.

Judo is wack, the Brazilian jiu jitsu art is the way to go. People with those skills can kick the sh!t out of people like Rhonda regularly

Reactions: majus12
Nobody said that.. The media was hyping that bullshit before she lost her first fight... THE MEDIA

Part of that media hype went to her head too. She's the one who said she could beat Floyd, if I'm not mistaken. She thought she was the greatest thing ever.

300 million in 48 seconds? Not a bad days of work if I must say myself..

lol no no no. It was 3 million for rousey and 300,000 for this other chick. big difference but still a massive amount of money for 48 seconds. She will retire better than most of us will.

lol no no no. It was 3 million for rousey and 300,000 for this other chick. big difference but still a massive amount of money for 48 seconds. She will retire better than most of us will.
My bad my bad...read it wrong

I'll speak on it, she's not even close to the level athlete a lot are proclaiming her to be. You're absolutely right, she's a Judoka player and a damn good. She's also a pioneer in her sport. Respect, but she sure as shit was no the hype machine legit all around MMA champ they hyped her up to be not even close. They had to hype Ronda because she arm barred EVER competitor up until Holm. Lol. Does that sound like a legit champ? Nope. It's simple; UFC evolved from Royce, to Matt Hughes to Canadian dude, to Anderson Silva to John Jones. With that evolution you see the ground game dominating until dudes with hands and athleticism could defend the takedown then capitalize with superiors stricking. Ladies fighting is at that point now. You will never see Royce/Matt Hughes/Ronda type of champ (one dimensional ground fighter when the rest of the competition is catching up)

One of the few times I am actually more informed and smarter after reading a post on Canesport.
Oorah Gunny.

Reactions: USMC/CANE
One of the few times I am actually more informed and smarter after reading a post on Canesport.
Oorah Gunny.
I eat, sleep, poop; Canes football, calisthenics and fighting. I could see the shift way back when Iceman handled Tito and Randy (both superior grapplers and legit champs in their own right) by stuffing the take downs, and when he did go down he didn't try to out gapple them, he did the smart thing by escaping and going back to his advantage.

I've had my ass handed to me by Judo players, grapplers and Jui-Jitsu guys in their world, no question. But once we stood up or sparred standing up, they were so far behind me it wasn't even funny. Not a knock just fact, like I was light years behind them on the ground or standing grappling.

The sports (MMA) is in a great place, it has a large hungry talent pool to draw from, what they need to avoid s this type of media over hyping of fighters (Joe Rogan spoke to this with Shannon Briggs). No way in the hell is a human world level elite after 8,9,10 fights. Doesn't work that way! The kids that are in the MMA gyms at a younger age will be light years ahead of anything we have seen! Just watch, in about another 5-10 years you're going to see some absolute MMA monsters. Why? They will have 10-12 years experience in a discipline.

Reactions: Doc Holliday-JB
I eat, sleep, poop; Canes football, calisthenics and fighting. I could see the shift way back when Iceman handled Tito and Randy (both superior grapplers and legit champs in their own right) by stuffing the take downs, and when he did go down he didn't try to out gapple them, he did the smart thing by escaping and going back to his advantage.

I've had my ass handed to me by Judo players, grapplers and Jui-Jitsu guys in their world, no question. But once we stood up or sparred standing up, they were so far behind me it wasn't even funny. Not a knock just fact, like I was light years behind them on the ground or standing grappling.

The sports (MMA) is in a great place, it has a large hungry talent pool to draw from, what they need to avoid s this type of media over hyping of fighters (Joe Rogan spoke to this with Shannon Briggs). No way in the hell is a human world level elite after 8,9,10 fights. Doesn't work that way! The kids that are in the MMA gyms at a younger age will be light years ahead of anything we have seen! Just watch, in about another 5-10 years you're going to see some absolute MMA monsters. Why? They will have 10-12 years experience in a discipline.

Yep. they also have a whole generation(s?) to draw popularity from. They picked a great time to come on the scene........right during the death of the sport of boxing.

Yep. they also have a whole generation(s?) to draw popularity from. They picked a great time to come on the scene........right during the death of the sport of boxing.
I'll always love boxing, but MMA is the future. They can co-exist, but they need to promote the fights people want to see; GGG vs Canelo, Lomenshenko vs Rig's...they need to move on from the B-Hops, Manny P's, Floyds and promote new blood and fight them like the golden era. If not, it will really die.

I'll always love boxing, but MMA is the future. They can co-exist, but they need to promote the fights people want to see; GGG vs Canelo, Lomenshenko vs Rig's...they need to move on from the B-Hops, Manny P's, Floyds and promote new blood and fight them like the golden era. If not, it will really die.

Yes. And I am referring to the management, promotion and the organization of boxing. The sport itself is about as pure as it gets.

Yes. And I am referring to the management, promotion and the organization of boxing. The sport itself is about as pure as it gets.
B-Hop is 50 and fighting...lmao! They have to do better! Smdh! Did you see him get punched out the ring? That kid by the way, can really thump. Woah! Now, I would pay to watch him fight against a legit opponent!

Reactions: Joetoth
B-Hop is 50 and fighting...lmao! They have to do better! Smdh! Did you see him get punched out the ring? That kid by the way, can really thump. Woah! Now, I would pay to watch him fight against a legit opponent!

Oh yea. I like Joe Smith Jr......especially his first name!!

Boxings biggest issue is the fascination with the undeafeated record. Folks avoid the loss at all costs. It used to be that was only done for contenders but once you were champ you fought all comers. Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake would never happen today. Sugar Ray Leonard and Duran either. MMA doesn't have that problem, you can get Bispinged and still be Bisping the Champ.

If you want to be entertained check out Chocolatito best fighter in a generation.

It was horrible! I'm not even a Ronda fan but I'm pissed they put a fighter in the ring lacking that much talent. I've seen a lot, I mean a lot fighting and that was amateur level bad. Nunes hit her with basic lead hand rights, I mean; telegram, lead hand right coming. It was horrible Edmond has Muay Thai champs he's trained so it's clear it's a meat market thing!
Ref was right on point and stopped it before it got worse!

I've trained Gracie Jiu Jitsu for a few years so I think I've got some relevant perspective -- even as my experience isn't directly in MMA, our style involves striking, takedowns, and ground fighting. I don't know of many people in our community who ever thought Ronda Rousey would stand a chance against a typical average adult male with solid training in jiu jitsu, muay thai, boxing, or wrestling. At least half the guys I train with would absolutely wipe the floor with her. The fact that people actually thought that she could beat Floyd Mayweather is utterly laughable. Dana White and the UFC trolled the crap out of the public and banked millions off marketing Rousey, that's for sure. She got lucky fighting in a division with no talent.

I've trained Gracie Jiu Jitsu for a few years so I think I've got some relevant perspective -- even as my experience isn't directly in MMA, our style involves striking, takedowns, and ground fighting. I don't know of many people in our community who ever thought Ronda Rousey would stand a chance against a typical average adult male with solid training in jiu jitsu, muay thai, boxing, or wrestling. At least half the guys I train with would absolutely wipe the floor with her. The fact that people actually thought that she could beat Floyd Mayweather is utterly laughable. Dana White and the UFC trolled the crap out of the public and banked millions off marketing Rousey, that's for sure. She got lucky fighting in a division with no talent.
This! Meat Market!

Reactions: Cool Runnin'
How about Cody "no Love"

That boy was impressive.

Rousey brought so much attention to women's MMA that business wise she was worth every penny.

She was able to defeat everyone until the women developed more striking skill. It's not rocket science.

What I don't like about Ronda is she is a mean spirited person. I won't miss her.

You don't think they hand select fighters. Ask Frankie Edgar why he hasn't had a shot in a while?! The UFC is such a media hype it's not even funny. Where there some very legit fighters? Hell yes; Pat Militech, Matt Hughes, GSP, Tito Ortiz, Ice Man, Rampage, Randy, Silva, Jon Jones were all IMO very good fighters! Elite, but if you think Ronda was not hyped you're kidding yourself. Cover of Ring; Rohnda conquers MMA, boxing next?! De La Hoya must have been on one of his "episodes" when green lighted that cover.

BJ Penn he was a beast!

Frankie lost to Aldo

Canelo is a pussy. He doesn't want it with GGG and Oscar is protecting his number 1 fighter. They are waiting GGG out and will want the fight when he's too damn old and Canelo is basically guaranteed the victory. Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. must really think Canelo is straight bitch. Why in the HELL is he fighting Chavez JR?? That's a joke.

That Is like saying Gracie was a fraud, chick was amazing, but the sport has evolved , and she hasn't ... She had a good run, time to retire ...

That Is like saying Gracie was a fraud, chick was amazing, but the sport has evolved , and she hasn't ... She had a good run, time to retire ...
Not even close comparing her and Royce. Royce fought during the archaic no holds barred era when no one knew what the hell Jui-Jitsu was. I remeber watching the Kimo fight thinking Royce was going get killed. Royce showed insane mental and physical endurance. IMO she was amazing in a very shallow pool. Very, very shallow pool. A fighter that has 12 fights, two brutal KO's and about 4 tomato cans is the best fighter ever? Lmao! No way in the hell is that accurate, not even close.

Not even close comparing her and Royce. Royce fought during the archaic no holds barred era when no one knew what the hell Jui-Jitsu was. I remeber watching the Kimo fight thinking Royce was going get killed. Royce showed insane mental and physical endurance. IMO she was amazing in a very shallow pool. Very, very shallow pool. A fighter that has 12 fights, two brutal KO's and about 4 tomato cans is the best fighter ever? Lmao! No way in the hell is that accurate, not even close.
The chick is World class athlete , an Olympic medalist, and was a world champion, she was a great fighter. But very one dimensional , now these chicks like Nunez can do it all. My reference to Gracie was in the same regards, once guys learned to stuff a take down, Gracie was no longer the best at the sport. The women have evolved just like the men. No different, if you don't have great striking, grappling, and submissions. You get exposed. She got exposed...

The chick is World class athlete , an Olympic medalist, and was a world champion, she was a great fighter. But very one dimensional , now these chicks like Nunez can do it all. My reference to Gracie was in the same regards, once guys learned to stuff a take down, Gracie was no longer the best at the sport. The women have evolved just like the men. No different, if you don't have great striking, grappling, and submissions. You get exposed. She got exposed...
I'm fully aware of what you're speaking of, but they hyped that chic beyond belief to the point where people are relishing in her debacles. Her being able to beat Floyd (she should've shut her moth and remained humble, but nope. She's shyte talking the best boxer of his era...really? Lmao) her on the cover of Ring, them proclaiming her the best woman fight ever when you had Hollly, Lucia Rijker all doing way more than her for woman fighting.

I remeber seeing her early on and saying that there was nothing remotely special about her. We'd seen a one dimensional fighter dominate...who cared at that point? But fans ate the hype crap up. Same crap being tossed that Connor can beat Floyd...GTFOH with that nonsensical talk, lol. I'll say it again; look up what Joe Rogan says about MMA fighters in comparison to boxers and the media hype and recognition they're given for doing damn near nothing! He commentates on it so he is über objective.

Two fighters that were light years ahead and complete were Pat Militech and Bas Rutten both were lethal in all areas and were UFC champs but you barely hear about them...only the hype machines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brackard
I'm fully aware of what you're speaking of, but they hyped that chic beyond belief to the point where people are relishing in her debacles. Her being able to beat Floyd (she should've shut her moth and remained humble, but nope. She's shyte talking the best boxer of his era...really? Lmao) her on the cover of Ring, them proclaiming her the best woman fight ever when you had Hollly, Lucia Rijker
Yes bro , but she made women's MMA, nobody wanted to watch it before she came, that fact that were even talking about her, and women's MMA is exactly what makes her the Queen of women's MMA. But her time had passed, like all good fighters.,, Happy New Years, God Bless

Yes bro , but she made women's MMA, nobody wanted to watch it before she came, that fact that were even talking about her, and women's MMA is exactly what makes her the Queen of women's MMA. But her time had passed, like all good fighters.,, Happy New Years, God Bless
Would love to talk MMA with you guys, guys that know their stuff! Happy New Year!

Let's talk about the beat down OSU just received ? Thoughts?? Talk about being hyped up?
They got exposed! Finally. I'll say this though; they have a team full of young talented players, wow!

Seeing FSpoo, LSU, Mich, Clem, Bama, Wash the common theme was talent on defense! Not just talent, but elite speed and athleticism on defense. We're getting there, but we need one more class (18) to be on that level depth wise.

Reactions: Brackard
How about Cody "no Love"

That boy was impressive.

Rousey brought so much attention to women's MMA that business wise she was worth every penny.

She was able to defeat everyone until the women developed more striking skill. It's not rocket science.

What I don't like about Ronda is she is a mean spirited person. I won't miss her.

Cody was the truth. Embarrassed Cruz and stood up for team Alpha Male. 4th round was amazing.

Happy to shut up Cruz and to see Faber celebrate. I'm not a fan of point fighters the though I respect Cruz's talent and fighting IQ.
Don't like Cruz or Bisping as commentators. Both super cocky. Yoel will light Bisping up if he gets a shot.

She was a great competitor but her stand up is no bueno. She has accomplished a lot but she is done. Dana gave a $3mm payday for all she has done for the sport.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT