ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Afternoon Baseball Game 3: UNC vs UM - Some good news, Caniacs! Miami sweeps UNC, wins 3-2 in 14!!!

AtlantaCane

SuperCane
Sep 7, 2005
Port Orange, Florida
Final Update:

On a disappointing end to our men's hoops team, we got a great pick-me-up with the Canes baseball team sweeping No. 13 North Carolina in dramatic fashion thanks to winning Sunday's matchup 3-2 in 14 innings.

We had drama at The Light...

We scored the tying run in the bottom of the 9th after being down to our last strike.
In the 14th we loaded the bases and got another clutch hit to win it. More info is below.

Final Line Score:
TeamsRunsHitsErrorsLOB
Carolina2709
Miami3818

I'm whipped...

BIG STAT OF THE GAME:
I'm sure about this but I don't think UNC got a hit after the 4th inning...regardless, our BP did a great job, especially with Walters being unavailable...

Also, we were down 2-0 and came back to tie the game in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs and 2 strikes on FR Gaby Gutierrez who smacked a clutch single up the middle...prior to that hit he was 1-13 at the plate...

Here's another one...I don't think there was one extra-base hit in the game...

SCORING
UNC got on the board first in the top of the 4th on a 2-RBI single...
In the bottom of the 6th...with bases loaded Morales GO to 1B and Levenson scored from 3rd
Bottom 9...G Gutirrez singled up the middle to score Burke from 2nd
Bottom 14...R. Gonzalez...singles first pitch up the middle with bases loaded scoring Burke...

PITCHING
Outstanding in a real pitcher's duel...we struck out 16 Heels in this game
WP: Arguelles (1-1
) ...the last of 6 relievers after Dubberly, McFarlane, Gallo, Ziehl and Torres. Our pen did the job but...
Major kudos to starter Alejandro Rosario...he came into the game with a bloated 12.56 ERA. But what did he do? He went 5 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB and 8, count 'em 8 K's!!! He kept us in the game.

BATTING
We had our issues against the No. 2 nationally-rated UNC staff striking out 15x...
But...we got clutch hits when we needed them...

DEFENSE
Only 1 error in 14 innings...pretty good for us...

RECORD
Miami improves to 17-6/7-2 ACC to either share the Coastal lead with UVA or claim 2nd place. Formerly No. 13 North Carolina falls to 18-6, 5-4/ACC.

FINAL GAME STATS
Go here (stats.statbroadcast.com))

UP NEXT
We travel to Florida Gulf Coast in Ft. Myers on Wed the 30th...next weekend we're at Duke...wouldn't it have been something if we beat KU? Then both teams would be in the Final Four at the same time we play each other in baseball.

Bummer on the hardwood but the Diamond Canes bring us some solace...get your brooms out, Caniacs!

Have a great week, Caniacs! Thanks for being a part of this l-o-n-g game thread...

It's great to be...

Go Canes!

----------------------------------

Greeting, Caniacs!

Your Miami Hurricanes go for the sweep today of No. 13 North Carolina at The Light.
With the UM vs Kansas Elite 8 game starting in just over an hour I'm not sure how
many of U will be here full-time but that's ok. Let's Go Canes!

SO RHP Alejandro Rosario gets the surprising (to me) start. He brings with him a 12.56 ERA.
I have no idea what has happened with Jake Garland.

MEDIA INFO
How to Watch: UNC vs UM(Courtesy: Watch ESPN/ACCNX)
How to Listen: WVUM 90.5 (Courtesy: WVUM) (Getting music but their site shows they are at the game)
How to Follow Live Game Stats: UNC vs UM (Courtesy: UM/statbroadcast)

Heads Up: If ACCNX is blacked out try this online game viewing option: Bally Sports.com (Courtesyballysports.com) BTW, also check your cable/streaming service to see if they have but it
looks like Bally's Sports Florida is carrying the major tennis tourney in Miami.

Back with the the top of the 1st...

Go Canes!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News