ADVERTISEMENT

The Media's Aversion to Miami is Both Surprising & Amusing

Joer

SuperCane
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2002
Crescent Beach, FL
www.jmrubinoconsulting.com
The way Miami HAS BEEN ignored, and IS STILL being ignored, by the national media is remarkable. I am not saying this because I'm upset. Quite frankly, I would love for the Canes to keep flying under the radar. I'm saying this because I am wondering if there is simply a disdain for Miami, or is it simply that the media has paid so little attention to Miami all year, that they don't know much about the team, and therefore don't have much to say?

I created a thread on this board last week after the Auburn game in which I posited that Miami's post season success had caught the media flat footed. I believe that even more now. In the past week, and even today, I have sought out media stories, broadcast sport shows, and YouTube videos seeking commentary from a national source about the Canes. There just isn't any. The Canes are not just an afterthought. They are a "never thought."

Even during last night's game, with a first class group of commentators like Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller & Dan Bonner, it was clear that they knew far more about Iowa State than they did about Miami. Same in the pregame show. Even when people like Seth Davis & Rex Chapman picked the Canes, the level of detail in their analysis was lacking.

The media has not been interested much in the Canes, and now that the Canes are in a position where the media needs to comment on them, they just don't know what to say because they don't know the team. It's pretty amazing how flat-footed the media has been on this.

Again, I find it a bit amusing. In addition, I'm with Kam McGusty as he mentioned in his post game interview. There is no pressure on the Canes at all. Nobody expected anything out of the ACC, and certainly not out of Miami. The Canes are having fun. And the media, all caught up with Saint Peters, might be missing another really great story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News