ADVERTISEMENT

The Noise Deserves A Tremendous Amount Of Credit For What We Are Witnessing (Long)

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
The Noise is the fanbase- the collective vitriol, venom, backlash, barking, anger, and attitude towards an incompetent, indifferent, and irresponsible Administration which, for the last 20 years, has held this Program hostage from being elite again while sticking both middle fingers at the fanbase.

20. F**king. Years.

The last time Miami made a hire of this magnitude (Richt was a band-aid hire) was 1995 when Paul Dee hired Butch Davis from the Dallas Cowboys. 25 f**king years. I was 14 years old- couldn’t yet drive, didn’t yet have my first girlfriend, and was a freshman at Gulliver Prep High School.

I’m now 40 years old.

I don’t think that we truly realize how long it has been since we have made a hire of this magnitude. Yes, the Radakovich-Cristobal hires do not happen unless the Marcus Lemonis and Jose Mas BOT faction commit unprecedented levels of outside-the-box thinking, efforts, and above all required FINANCIAL commitment to close the deals. There should be a celebratory ceremony to honor these football heroes who have LITERALLY saved The U from National Embarrassment while remaining in the depths of college football irrelevance. There are few and far between BOT members who have that level of brass balls with big bank accounts to back this type of move.

But make no mistake, we don’t get to where we are now WITHOUT the fans. The fans have ALWAYS been the driving force to affect positive change for the Program, and without the fans as The Noise, it is merely 7-5/8-4/9-3 business-as-usual for the Program.

No more.

Today, the fans as The Noise sent a resounding message across the landscape of college football that The U is truly committed to re-raising the football standards to return to being an elite Program. The Noise doth cometh, and all of YOU deserve a handshake, a hug, a pat on the back, a thank you, and a celebratory cocktail of your choice.

The U is back.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News