ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts And Prediction For The Pitt Game.

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
Curiously, Miami has won 4 out of the last 5 games against Pitt, which included K.J. Obsorn's late game heroics in 2019 when we won ugly 16-12 at Pitt. Manny is 2-0 against Pitt and Richt went 2-1 against Pitt. Our only loss against Pitt last 5 yeras was the Thanksgiving heartbreaker in 2017 when we were #3 10-0 starting at a CFP Playoff birth. Last time Pitt finished top-5: Dan Marino was a junior and Jackie Sherill was their HC. Pitt Program has been mostly mediocre for the last 40 years.

Narduzzi has been the Pitt HC since 2015. He's never won more than 8 games in a season, and is 1-3 in Bowl Games. This Pitt team is solid. Kenny Pickett is completing an impressive 69% of his passes with 23 TDs and only 1 INT. Pitt's Offense is more than Pickett. Jordan Addison is averaging almost 100 receiving yards per game for the Panthers and already has 10 TDs on the year- he's only a Sophomore. The Panthers rush for about 175 yards per game, average more than 4 yards per rush attempt, and have 16 team rushing TDs. Pittsburgh is a complete offense.

Love what I’ve seen so far from TVD. Good size, great arm, decent mobility. And he’s shown some resilience last few games- a fighting spirit to battle back. All this despite knowing his HC is an incompetent lame duck HC. I think that it is clear that Rhett and TVD have a much better OC-QB chemistry than Rhett and King. Also keep in mind that the Offense looks a lot better with TVD because we have more multi-layered passing routes to vertically stretch the running game- which has helped the running game as you’ve seen with Rooster. So you can see why QB is so important. What is Pitt without Pickett and his 23 TDs and 1 INT…? We are 2-5 and a fired Manny (which will happen anyway ) without TVD’s performance last week. Our Defense is mediocre. We don’t pressure with QB at all with Rousseau, Jaelan, and Roche all in the NFL now. Our leading tackler Bubba is gone for the year.

First Quarter - I think that Pitt will jump out to an early 10-0 lead and I think that we’ll struggle early first few series but get a FG before the end of the quarter. 10-3 First Quarter.

Second Quarter - I think the teams will trade FGs and will be a fairly bogged down, back-and-forth bit of a defensive struggle. Turnover by each team before the Half. 13-6 Halftime.

Third Quarter - I think that Narduzzi and his OC will outclass Manny with halftime adjustments and Pitt will come out firing strong 3rd Quarter with back to back TD to really open the game up with a 21 point lead. We get a TD and a FG and battle back to make it an 11 point games 27-16 Third Quarter.

Fourth Quarter - Pitt continues to play well on offense and gets a huge TD play to break the game back open. We get a TD late but Pitt is able to control the clock and close out the game.

Pitt 34 - Miami 23

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News