ADVERTISEMENT

UM vs Turds Best Tickets for the $$

jcarter0031

SuperCane
Jan 16, 2007
DFW
my wife and I are flying in from Dallas and were in need for 2 tickets. Not ever going to Sun Life could any of you tell me which is the best place to get them? I see a lot available close the each endzone for approx $171 each. I want her to have the best experience possible and be able to see everything within reason of course $$. Just needed some insight.

not sure about hotels close to the stadium either. I'm about to start my research now but just knew a lot of you know the area so thought it would be good to ask. Would it be better to stay in Miami or Miami Gardens-I know traffic is a beating so thinking of staying close.

thanks for the insight

Depends upon what you are willing to pay and the experience you want to have. It is a 12 noon game, so you will have a few options:
Club,
Sun Lower Deck
Sun Upper Deck
Little Sun Lower deck

Club will be the most expensive, and has the a/c and great food/bathrooms--but you are removed from the "experience" a bit.
Lower level on the opposite side will be least expensive on the lower deck, but you may be next to a lot of gators and will have sun the whole time.
Lower deck on UM side is more expensive, and you may get sun depending upon your seats. 50 yard line is $$$$,
Upper deck, you should buy season tickets and it will be cheaper then buying just one game. Seriously.

Call UM 1800GoCanes for tix or go to stubhub or ticketmaster is the option once you go online for tickets.
if you need help, gboyotis@yahoo.com

thanks for the help! Yeah too much Sun for her would not be good but we can deal with it if we have to. That is what alcohol is for. Guess i will check out the hotels next.

what about Miami Beach hotels? It is only approx 11 miles from the stadium and I was looking into the Grand Beach Hotel. Looks like I could possible get a deal for a little over $200nt.

you have to get Club level.no doubt about it.fresh cut meats,shrimp,all kinds of food, liquor,clean restrooms,can drink the whole game if you like,bands before the game,A/C so if you get hot at that noon game just walk right in and cool off.it`s a no brainer..club level,Miami side.i`d say tix should be around $250-$300 if you can get em from the school.

you want your wife to have a great time CLUB LEVEL..

s absolutely

Originally posted by jcarter0031:

what about Miami Beach hotels? It is only approx 11 miles from the stadium and I was looking into the Grand Beach Hotel. Looks like I could possible get a deal for a little over $200nt.
There's absolutely no reason for you to stay in Miami Gardens or anywhere near the stadium, for that matter. It's not downtown like many stadiums. The only issue you cite is traffic, and there's a few different ways to get in and out of the stadium, and if you get to the stadium early, you'll have no problem. There's nothing to do in Miami Gardens because it's a suburb of Miami, and not a very safe one, at that. In and around the stadium---especially on game day---is very safe, but other than that I wouldn't want to be an out-of-towner driving around the Gardens at night.

Since you're trying to show your lady a nice time, the best place to stay would be So. Beach. You wouldn't even need to rent a car if you stayed there, and could just take a cab or car service to Sun Life. There's just so much going on, and the rates are actually very favorable in early September because it's about two months before the "season" begins. I have no idea(off the top of my head) what the rates look like for that time of year, nor what your budget is, or if you like nice meals, how long you'll be in town, but I own a consulting business that does a lot of PR for the restaurant and hospitality industry and would be more than happy to help you out. You can post back here or hit me up at acgold13@gmail.com

Re: s absolutely

Goldencane you are wrong. I walk the streets of Miami Gardens every night for the past twelve years. I only had two incidents. I got jigged in the gut with a broken beer bottle in 2003. Then, in 2010 some dude knocked me out at a 7-11.

Originally posted by honeyiv:

Goldencane you are wrong. I walk the streets of Miami Gardens every night for the past twelve years. I only had two incidents. I got jigged in the gut with a broken beer bottle in 2003. Then, in 2010 some dude knocked me out at a 7-11.
Mhmm... and by my calculations you would be wrong and goldencane would be right. Even in your bizarro world of indifference. These are the kinds of incidents we're trying to avoid for our brother from Big D.

Originally posted by honeyiv:

Adam. You are wrong.
OK, Jay. I can live with that...but if I'm wrong then you're not right. Just because you're not wrong, according to you, certainly does not make you right.

South beach or Ft. Laudi for hotels are best bet. Stay far away from Miami Gardens!!!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

I'm an out of towner like you and I've been to several games (Canes AND Phins) at different times. My experience is don't try to sit on the front rows. One, it's not worth it because you are still away from the action. (stadium design) Two, its a little hard seeing action on the other side of the field. I personally wouldn't go any lower than row 10 or 15. Now the sun... I went to a noon game last season and it murdered me. Outside of club or sitting under a deck, there aren't many options because at noon, the sun is straight up. Just be sure to drink plenty of water the night before and leading to the tailgate (if you go). A towel that you can wet is also helpful. In terms of the experience, it seems like the people closer to the end zones are more fun to watch the game with. (more interactive and down to earth) I had a great experience in a corner seat during my last game.

If budget for hotels is important, one year I got a great deal at the Doubletree (Gallery I believe it's called) in Fort Lauderdale. It's next door to a mall, right on the intercostal waterway (great for a water taxi ride), and a 3-5 minute walk to the ocean. There is also a restaurant outside of the mall that has live music at least on Friday night. I can't remember exactly, but I think it took about 20 minutes to get to the stadium. Google maps the directions to confirm.

Are these tickets even on sale yet?

I've seen them on sites like StubHub, but those just seem to be season ticket holders who are tryign to sell them at inflated prices before they go on sale to the public b/c they're the only market for them at this point.

Does anyone know what date they officially go on sale to the public?

what are upper deck end zone going for today ?

Note: stay at Diplomat in Hallendale or somewhwere near A1A in Lauderdale....

I am trying to get rid of 2 or 4 tickets in lower bowl section 130 row 27. I bought them off of stubhub for 175 but after all the crap service fees they came out to 210.00. I will let these go for 190.00 if you are interested.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT