ADVERTISEMENT

Wed. night Baseball: FIU vs No. 8 UM - Canes romp 17-1, No. 3 UVA is next!

AtlantaCane

SuperCane
Sep 7, 2005
Port Orange, Florida
Final Update:

An 8-run 2nd inning set the pace for this cross-town game...

Great W by our team...with the UVA series looming it would have been very easy for our kids to lose focus...but they didn't...and then some...the put their foot on the gas to keep rolling!

Final Line score:

TeamsRunsHitsErrorsLOB
FIU1705
UM171906

RECORDS

Miami improves to 22-6...FIU falls to 10-18...for the first time in 4 years...the Canes have won double-digit games in a row...in this case...10....

PITCHING
WP: Jake Garland...5-1....better yet, he went 8 innings...Arguelles pitches the 9th

HITTING
Villegas: 3-4...2 HRs, 2B, 5 RBIS
Pitelli: 4-5...HR, 4 RBIs
Kayfus: 2-3...HR, 4 RBIs
Jones: 2-3, 1 RBI
Gutierrez: 1-1, 1 RBI
Gonzalez: 1-1, 1 RBI
Burke: 2-2

DEFENSE
Neither team made an error!

NEXT UP
The big showdown...No. 8 Miami hosts No. 3 Virginia at The Light. Post-season implications on the line!

That will do it for me, Caniacs...thanks for being a part of this thread...have a great rest of your week...I hope to be back with U Friday night for Game 1 vs the Cavs...

It's great to be...especially after pounding your cross-town rival...

Go Canes!

---------------------

Hello, Caniacs...

It's Game 2 of a 6-game homestand for our Canes baseball team as we host cross-town Rival FIU at The Light. While Miami is riding high at 22-6 and a 9-game winning-streak, the Panthers are 10-17 riding a 2-game losing streak after dropping a pair, and the series, at home last weekend to fellow-CUSA member Old Dominion.

Big Jake Garland gets the start tonight for the home team. The SO RHP is 4-1 with a 2.45 ERA. He will face
Christian Santana, a righty who has an ERA of, ready for this, 49.50. That's what the UM stat sheet shows, I have never, ever seen an ERA that high, if true.

No matter true or not, this sis a game we must win, we have to win, to keep all our metrics on the up and up.

MEDIA INFO
How to Watch: FIU vs UM(Courtesy: Watch ESPN/ACCNX)
How to Listen: WVUM 90.5 (Courtesy: WVUM)
How to Follow Live Game Stats: FIU vs UM (Courtesy: UM/statbroadcast)

I want to watch this game and I got a semi green light from the bride to provide some coverage so while it won't be what U are used to seeing but I will give updates. I get so engrossed typing away I don't really get to enjoy watching as a fan so this will be a nice change. I do hope to cover the first 2 games (Friday/Saturday) of this weekend's series vs UVA.

Back with the top of the first. Let's have a great game with a better outcome. Glad to have U on board, Caniacs!

Go Canes!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News