ADVERTISEMENT

Which TV Provider? DirecTV, Dish Network, AT&T, XFinity

eddiemac66

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 14, 2008
I've moved and having a hard time deciding on which cable provider to use. Especially where the Canes are concerned.

Any ideas? Please let me know! Fast! Thanks!!

Emac

Doesn't matter if your in Pahokee they don't show Miami games there.

DirecTV is the best by far IMO.

Especially if you get the Fox Sports Regional package. I live in Utah and get every game on TV in HD.

The only downside as far as CFB is concerned is that DirecTV does not have the Pac 12 network, but that obviously doesn't affect the Canes at all, but as a general CFB fan, I wish it was available.

Cox cable for Internet or Verizon FIOS(optical) are 2 of the fastest. Direct TV for television.

Re: Which TV Provider? DirecTV, Dish Network, AT&T, XFinity

Ill cast a vote for DirecTV also. Out here in Chicago my only issue is their lack of a good high speed internet option.
If youre looking to "bundle", be sure to look closely at what they offer.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Comcast XFinity has the WORST customer service, but quality products... I had Comcast XFinity for almost 3 years in Fort Lauderdale...

Conversely, I now have AT&T U-Verse, and LOVE IT... The customer service is head and shoulders above Comcast, and the products are almost equally as good. Cable and Internet for me with a soccer and movie packages are about $140...

Re: Which TV Provider? DirecTV, Dish Network, AT&T, XFinity

Verizon FiOS, hands down. Tried them all at one point or another and nothing compared to FiOS picture quality. Direct TV was great, but had too many storm outages in Florida.

Eddie, I have been in the TV business for almost 20 years. Dish has the best system by far with the hopper. Customer service is hit and miss. They have all the sports except nfl, NY teams and some LA. You also have access online to the espn3/watch app which gives you um baseball. Other providers have it as well. Dish also has the ability to sling your content to your phone or tablet anywhere Comcast and dtv also has some functionality.

Originally posted by eddiemac66:
I've moved and having a hard time deciding on which cable provider to use. Especially where the Canes are concerned.

Emac

Direct TV Eddie. Not even close. I've had both Dish and Direct. No comparison from a customer service standpoint either.

I do pay for it tho. I have everything. The cadillac Premier package w/ lots of bells and whistles, sports packs, NFL Sunday Ticket. A good trick after you sign up is to call their Retention section about every 6 months or so and adjust (not change) your plan. Get them to reduce your pricing w/o changing your plan. That way any new perks-bones they may have initiated will get thrown your way. Again, key is once you're signed up, go back periodically and talk to their "Retention" people, i.e., tell them the cost is getting a bit too high, you may have to go with Dish or Infinity, and ask is there anything they can do to help you out, make you stay with Direct.......because you like them, but are having a hard time affording them. I do this all the time and have never-ever been told "no" to my request. They always work with me.

My only worry these days with Direct TV is that thing could change once ATT gets a complete foothold in them cause of the takeover.

Also one note regarding the ESPN Gameplan. I don't recommend it if you have the high-end DTV programming. The quality is Std Def and the high-end programming has about every game on.....more than you need.

Get the wireless, whole-home Genie DVR and never-ever miss a program nor football game again.

Had Dish for 7 years; have had Direct TV no for about 5 years and love it.

Originally posted by SoldierCane:
Originally posted by eddiemac66:

Emac

Direct TV Eddie. Not even close. I've had both Dish and Direct. No comparison from a customer service standpoint either.

I do pay for it tho. I have everything. The cadillac Premier package w/ lots of bells and whistles, sports packs, NFL Sunday Ticket. A good trick after you sign up is to call their Retention section about every 6 months or so and adjust (not change) your plan. Get them to reduce your pricing w/o changing your plan. That way any new perks-bones they may have initiated will get thrown your way. Again, key is once you're signed up, go back periodically and talk to their "Retention" people, i.e., tell them the cost is getting a bit too high, you may have to go with Dish or Infinity, and ask is there anything they can do to help you out, make you stay with Direct.......because you like them, but are having a hard time affording them. I do this all the time and have never-ever been told "no" to my request. They always work with me.

My only worry these days with Direct TV is that thing could change once ATT gets a complete foothold in them cause of the takeover.

Also one note regarding the ESPN Gameplan. I don't recommend it if you have the high-end DTV programming. The quality is Std Def and the high-end programming has about every game on.....more than you need.

Get the wireless, whole-home Genie DVR and never-ever miss a program nor football game again.

Had Dish for 7 years; have had Direct TV no for about 5 years and love it.
Every word of this is true. I pay about $140 a month for it, so it is a bit expensive, but I don't miss a CFB or NFL game I want to see.

Agree completely about the Gameplan package. Games are still in SD for some unknown reason, even if being broadcast elsewhere in HD (for example, if a game is a regional ABC/ESPN game and I am out of region and have to watch on gameplan I will get it in SD despite half the country getting it in HD).

Call the retention department in June/July and you can usually walk away with at least free or cheaper Sunday Ticket and a monthly credit of $10-15.

Once, I got my bill all the way down to $85 a month for their highest package and Sunday Ticket for free. Pretty sweet deal, though they are tightening the screws a bit lately with ATT being involved.

They recently added ESPN3 to the mix as well so now you would have access to that.

I like Direct TV, AT & T bought them so it will be s little while before they are one.

I've worked for Comcast for over 3 years now, worked for Verizon for 7 years before that. Email me at pjones1017@hotmail.com. I'd be more than happy to give you an objective and educated opinion on the providers in your area.

Originally posted by bkmorgan52:
Doesn't matter if your in Pahokee they don't show Miami games there.
This made me laugh. Thank you, sir!

roll.r191677.gif

Direct tv has great features, if you don't mind losing your signal everytime a storm gets near. I couldn't take it. Went back to Comcast. Not the same quality, but more reliable.

Yeah, the storm thing bothers me. And they swear they have that fixed. But my buddy has it here in FT. Pierce and it goes out when the first raindrop falls. The cost is enticing though.

Thanks! Still studying the matter.

Emac

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT