ADVERTISEMENT

Yearby to NFL

mshodell

SuperCane
Staff
Jul 31, 2001
Miami, FL
miami.rivals.com
CORAL GABLES, Fla. – Junior running back Joe Yearby announced today that he has elected to forego his final season of eligibility with the University of Miami football program and enter the 2017 NFL Draft.

Yearby was a consistent contributor for the Hurricanes over his three-year career at Miami, appearing in 38 games with 13 starts. In three years with the Canes, Yearby rushed for 2,119 career yards (5.4 yards per carry) and scored 14 touchdowns.

“After discussing this decision with my family and friends, I have decided that it would be in my best interest to enter the 2017 NFL Draft,” Yearby said. “These past three years have been truly memorable and I will never forget my time here at the University of Miami, a place that has shaped me into the person I am today. Miami has been and always will be my home and I look forward to remaining a part of the South Florida community for years to come.”

Yearby’s best season as a Hurricane came during his sophomore campaign in 2015, as he rushed for 1,002 on 205 carries. The Miami native became the ninth Hurricane running back to surpass 1,000 rushing yards. He also started in every game during the 2015 season and had six rushing touchdowns.

“I spoke with Joe earlier today and he made me aware that he planned to declare for the NFL Draft,” said head coach Mark Richt. “I was able to thank Joe for everything he did for our program. I wish him the very best!”

Yearby’s 2,119 career rushing yards rank ninth all-time in program history and his seven 100-yard rushing games are tied for ninth in Miami football history.

The 2017 NFL Draft will take place on April 27-29 in Philadelphia.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News