ADVERTISEMENT

A Pumper's review of Manny Season 3 Game 1

sweatchuck

SuperCane
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2009
I believe a coach deserves 3yrs to prove his worth. Many things go into that rationale but in Manny's case he improved from year 1 to 2.. year 3??? Is still a question mark. The logic of a pumper is to realize a situation for what it is and not what we wished it would be. Even if Manny wasn'tour choice as logical men we know it's nothing we could do to change that fact so the next best thing is to support the coach to the fullest and in hope that he can have success.. It made no sense to b*tch incessantly everyday from day one a coach is hired and come up with all these scenarios that had zero chances of happening. It literally does nothing for the program.. however holding a coach accountable is a different story. Now in year 3 we will have enough body of work to make an realistic argument to keep Manny or let him go. Now back to game one.. I'll keep it short and simple. He failed this first test miserably. It wasn't a W or L to Alabama that really mattered for this game but he failed to be even remotely be competitive. We were unprepared and shat the bed in yet another big game. It's nothing else to say about it. I think the most disappointing thing to me was.. how conservative we played. We had nothing to lose but our perception and we called the game scared instead of letting it rip and going down blazing. No need to go deeper into it I believe everyone agree that game 1 was a major fail for Manny.

With that being said as a pumper I will not let game 1 be an overall indictment for the rest of the season. I'm going to come back in full support to see how do we rebound and respond next week. Game 1 was ugly and yes Manny will still have to answer to getting destroyed in every big game. But he will have more big games this year that he can prove himself to continue to get the support of the pumpers. Again this is year 3 so he has no more time to build.. he has to get it done now. With that said for game 2.. I'm still riding for the team in full pumper fashion!

Extra note** It will be a travesty if Kam Kichens and Chaney don't start over Hall and Cam Harris.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News