ADVERTISEMENT

"Abortion is good for the economy"- Janet Yellen

Can't do. It's all over the internet- even Politico
Fox didn't cover it in the time I watched the am. Did some money making work. Have to make up for Biden destroying my portfolio. Fox was too busy pimping Duecy's new cookbook 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮. The guests are worth listening to and Ainslie is nice to look at, but Duecy and Kilmeade 🤡🤡 = clown show.

Sad, that this morning CNN was actually a better source of information. They are starting to report a little honestly about Brandon in an effort to push him aside. David Gergen was making sense. Said it was time for old leaders to move aside and let a younger generation take over. He said in a nice way that Biden was senile and not fit for duties of the office. He also named Trump, Pelosi and McConnell as too old. I hate it when David Gergen is right, but he was.

BTW, Yellen is useless. Her salary should also go to the "Putin play nice" fund to improve the US economy.

Last edited:
Reactions: HJCane
Fox didn't cover it in the time I watched the am. Did some money making work. Have to make up for Biden destroying my portfolio. Fox was too busy pimping Duecy's new cookbook 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮. The guests are worth listening to and Ashley is nice to look at, but Duecy and Kilmeade 🤡🤡 = clown show.

Sad, that this morning CNN was actually a better source of information. They are starting to report a little honestly about Brandon in an effort to push him aside. David Gergen was making sense. Said it was time for old leaders to move aside and let a younger generation take over. He said in a nice way that Biden was senile and not fit for duties of the office. He also named Trump, Pelosi and McConnell as too old. I hate it when David Gergen is right, but he was.

BTW, Yellen is useless. Her salary should also go to the "Putin play nice" fund to improve the US economy.
Newsmax much better than Fox IMO.

Fox didn't cover it in the time I watched the am. Did some money making work. Have to make up for Biden destroying my portfolio. Fox was too busy pimping Duecy's new cookbook 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮. The guests are worth listening to and Ainslie is nice to look at, but Duecy and Kilmeade 🤡🤡 = clown show.

I watched the Biden speech live on Fox yesterday. In the morning I watch Fox Business not the 3 on the couch show. Maria Bartiromo.

Reactions: NO.SHORECANE
I watched the Biden speech live on Fox yesterday. In the morning I watch Fox Business not the 3 on the couch show. Maria Bartiromo.
The wife is in the same room in the am, so I have to compromise in the am. I do like to turn on CNN for a bit to hear the official state propaganda. Gergen went off message today

The wife is in the same room in the am, so I have to compromise in the am. I do like to turn on CNN for a bit to hear the official state propaganda. Gergen went off message today
I do that time to time as well. I especially like it when they deviate from their marching orders.

Yellen was just supporting the Eugenic foundation of Planned Parenthood
The founder was a an avowed supporter of abortion to eliminate unwanted kids , black , kids , brown kids , special need kids etc

These kids are a burden to society and the economy. The testimony was devoid of any humanity . Killing babies would aid the economy? My Lord ! Evil

Sec. of Treasury shooting off big mouth on abortion. Maybe she should spend more time doing her job.
Don't know if she said what's being quoted, or in what context, but a woman having an abortion, for whatever reason she so determines, does free her up to work and contribute to the economy.

Legalization of abortion has large effects on women’s education, labor force participation, occupations and earnings. And abortion continues to function as a lever of equality.

So, what is being quoted is a statement of unbiased fact - even when contrary to your predetermined opinionated bias.

Don't know if she said what's being quoted, or in what context, but a woman having an abortion, for whatever reason she so determines, does free her up to work and contribute to the economy.

Legalization of abortion has large effects on women’s education, labor force participation, occupations and earnings. And abortion continues to function as a lever of equality.

So, what is being quoted is a statement of unbiased fact - even when contrary to your predetermined opinionated bias.
You are absolutely correct. We could also contribute to the economy by identifying all people who are crippled, very sick , mentally deficient and KILL THEM!
They no longer would be a burden on society, just like the dead babies . It would free up all their caretakers to work more and be more efficient, resulting gains for society.
Great Idea

Reactions: GLFSTRM
This administration is just taking punches right now. Like a battered spouse or a career sparring partner. It's like they LOVE getting hit in the face. We'll see just how much in Nov.

Ever heard of Rob Finnerty, Greg Kelly, son of NYC police Commissioner Ray Kelly ,Sean Spicer ,or Grant Stinchfield ?

She said doing away with abortion would hurt the economy. BTW, overturning Roe doesn't do away with abortion.

Reactions: HJCane

She's way out of her lane. Like you.

Last edited:

Thank you Stan now talk about the dead baby. Abortion won't be illegal thats just plain lies being told. It might be more regulated in some states versus others but not illegal.

I assume you are pro-choice as am I, curious at what point do you think abortion should be blocked in the pregnancy, if any?

Thank you Stan now talk about the dead baby. Abortion won't be illegal thats just plain lies being told. It might be more regulated in some states versus others but not illegal.

I assume you are pro-choice as am I, curious at what point do you think abortion should be blocked in the pregnancy, if any?
Nobody wants a "dead baby". That's just a plain lie. It seems pretty clear that it is the intent of the Republicans if in the majority to make all abortions illegal, countrywide. I think O'Connell just said so. A very slippery slope when giving state's rights more precedence over laws that effect everyone. The 13th Amendment happened to make slavery illegal. Should that too be given back to the states, as just one example?

In my opinion a baby is what happens at birth, not at conception. A woman's right to choose has to do with her constitutional right to liberty and privacy as stated in the 14th Amendment. In my opinion a woman's right to deal with her body takes precedence over anyone else's, surely over that of a fetus or some dudes in the Supreme Court or anywhere else.

If you're looking for a label, I'm pro-choice and pro-life - the living, breathing pregnant woman's life and her right to choose what to do when it comes to her body, her well-being, her life.

That said, I do see a reason to not allow abortions after the third trimester. And, I also understand this is a very personal, complex issue, unfortunately with a great deal of religious and political undertones.

Abortion was never passed in congress and signed by a president.
The democrats have had super majorities since the roe decision. Yet they never passed a bill to make it law. Ask yourself why. Because they want unfettered no restrictions. If a bill was put forth in congress that was like the law in most European countries it would have a chance. But the democrats are so connected at the hip to planned parenthood their scared to implement any restrictions.
There are loud voices on the left and the right that are not the opinion of the majority of Americans on this issue, but only the voices of all or nothing get heard.
And by the way the bill that failed today to codify Roe goes far beyond Roe. It allows for late term partial birth and would force doctors and medical organizations to perform abortion and not allow for exemption for faith based reasons. Just to name a few .

Abortion was never passed in congress and signed by a president.
The democrats have had super majorities since the roe decision. Yet they never passed a bill to make it law. Ask yourself why. Because they want unfettered no restrictions. If a bill was put forth in congress that was like the law in most European countries it would have a chance. But the democrats are so connected at the hip to planned parenthood their scared to implement any restrictions.
There are loud voices on the left and the right that are not the opinion of the majority of Americans on this issue, but only the voices of all or nothing get heard.
And by the way the bill that failed today to codify Roe goes far beyond Roe. It allows for late term partial birth and would force doctors and medical organizations to perform abortion and not allow for exemption for faith based reasons. Just to name a few .
Roe vs. Wade was considered law for the past 49+ years. And, with the need for 60 votes in the Senate of such a territorially contentious issue, with a great majority of the population being underrepresented in the Senate, it would have never passed muster if brought to a vote.

As far as the bill that failed today, that was for politically-driven show only. Just more bullshit.

Roe vs. Wade was considered law for the past 49+ years. And, with the need for 60 votes in the Senate of such a territorially contentious issue, with a great majority of the population being underrepresented in the Senate, it would have never passed muster if brought to a vote.

As far as the bill that failed today, that was for politically-driven show only. Just more bullshit.
Obama had a super majority he could have passed a bill with restrictions there was enough republicans that would have joined on a bill like European countries. Illegal after 15 weeks with provisions for a mother’s health and well-being.
but the democrats want the issue to never be settled because it’s their favorite go to campaign issue

Obama had a super majority he could have passed a bill with restrictions there was enough republicans that would have joined on a bill like European countries. Illegal after 15 weeks with provisions for a mother’s health and well-being.
but the democrats want the issue to never be settled because it’s their favorite go to campaign issue
Again, Roe vs. Wade was already law as determined by the Supreme Court. The issue appeared to be "settled". No need to stir the pot when Obama was president. It's been stirred now. And thanks to McConnell's political maneuvering and Justice Ginsberg dying too soon, the Republicans now have a 6 to 3 majority with five of the six who look to be ignoring precedence and will do away with Roe and Planned Parenthood rulings. Easy to now look back, but who knew? And, who knows of the consequences, known and unknown, that will follow. Looks bleak!

You are absolutely correct
The bill voted in today far extended Roe.
The Dems do not want Roe’s restrictions, they want Roe expanded

Meanwhile the states have a constitutional say in the issue. It should be decided state by state

Actually, I have a prediction on what will be the result in the case at bar ( legal talk )
Roe will not be overturned fully .

Robert’s will join a majority which will uphold the Mississippi law at issue , which restricts abortion to around 16 weeks , resulting in a 6-3 decision, but not totally overturning the reasoning of the Roe court regarding the “ privacy “ rights of the mother He will be joined by another judge , likely Brett
States will still be able to restrict abortions based on the Mississippi standards. States will not be able to outlaw abortions entirely. But they will be able to restrict them further based on new scientific information

Alito ( along with Thomas , Barrett , and Gorsuch joining) will file a special concurring opinion saying that he agrees that the law is constitutional, but the court should go further and abandon the rationale of Roe in the context of the vague concept of privacy rights
This will prevent the state laws which prohibit abortion from going into effect
Robert’s likely will base his decision on the “ reliance “ factor he has discussed and the sudden implications of a total reversal.
Most of the recent restrictive state abortion laws would be constitutional, but Roe will not have been totally overturned
Smart politically

Nobody wants a "dead baby". That's just a plain lie. It seems pretty clear that it is the intent of the Republicans if in the majority to make all abortions illegal, countrywide. I think O'Connell just said so. A very slippery slope when giving state's rights more precedence over laws that effect everyone. The 13th Amendment happened to make slavery illegal. Should that too be given back to the states, as just one example?

In my opinion a baby is what happens at birth, not at conception. A woman's right to choose has to do with her constitutional right to liberty and privacy as stated in the 14th Amendment. In my opinion a woman's right to deal with her body takes precedence over anyone else's, surely over that of a fetus or some dudes in the Supreme Court or anywhere else.

If you're looking for a label, I'm pro-choice and pro-life - the living, breathing pregnant woman's life and her right to choose what to do when it comes to her body, her well-being, her life.

That said, I do see a reason to not allow abortions after the third trimester. And, I also understand this is a very personal, complex issue, unfortunately with a great deal of religious and political undertones.
So to be clear; You don't believe it is a baby until the woman pushes it out?
Yes it is a very personal decision no doubt about that
I too am pro-choice but I am NOT for a free for all
There comes a point where it becomes murder of a viable, heartbeating little child inside the womb
For those instances where the mothers life is at risk I can draw a distinction but some Liberal States want more than that
No matter how you slice it the fact is there is no celebration to be had over getting an abortion.
Some wear it on their sleeve as some sort of badge of honor
Thats grotesque.
These days the options for birth control are numerous and easily accessible
This isn't 1950

Reactions: 6882

And as for Slavery Congress passed laws. It's a bad comparison. We right laws all the time in this Country to deal with errors. Abortion will not be outlawed as some say. Thats just not true. It should be regulated to some degree. Again if a girl finds out shes pregnant and for a variety of reasons is not ready for a baby, I see no reason she can't make that decision rather quickly.
Europe is far more restrictive on abortion than the USA.

And 1 final point; NOT ALL REPUBLICANS want abortion to be illegal but many on both sides of the aisle want some form of timelines put in place.

It was for decades. We didn't hear about it too much in the last 2 Presidential Elections but now it's back on the table for Democrats because they think it's a WINNER for them. Thats how warped they are.

You are absolutely correct
The bill voted in today far extended Roe.
The Dems do not want Roe’s restrictions, they want Roe expanded

Meanwhile the states have a constitutional say in the issue. It should be decided state by state

Actually, I have a prediction on what will be the result in the case at bar ( legal talk )
Roe will not be overturned fully .

Robert’s will join a majority which will uphold the Mississippi law at issue , which restricts abortion to around 16 weeks , resulting in a 6-3 decision, but not totally overturning the reasoning of the Roe court regarding the “ privacy “ rights of the mother He will be joined by another judge , likely Brett
States will still be able to restrict abortions based on the Mississippi standards. States will not be able to outlaw abortions entirely. But they will be able to restrict them further based on new scientific information

Alito ( along with Thomas , Barrett , and Gorsuch joining) will file a special concurring opinion saying that he agrees that the law is constitutional, but the court should go further and abandon the rationale of Roe in the context of the vague concept of privacy rights
This will prevent the state laws which prohibit abortion from going into effect
Robert’s likely will base his decision on the “ reliance “ factor he has discussed and the sudden implications of a total reversal.
Most of the recent restrictive state abortion laws would be constitutional, but Roe will not have been totally overturned
Smart politically
So basicaly they reached a "settlement"? Makes sense.

It’s not the intent. The gesture was to let each state decide those issues. Like the constitution says.
It’s like the “Don’t say gay bill”. That’s the lib attempt at smearing the sane nature of the bill. Here they’re talking about clothes hangar abortions etc. And the president is urging scum to protest at the homes of the justices. Which is not only inappropriate but illegal. Weren’t these the guys crying about 1/6?

And as for Slavery Congress passed laws. It's a bad comparison. We right laws all the time in this Country to deal with errors. Abortion will not be outlawed as some say. Thats just not true. It should be regulated to some degree. Again if a girl finds out shes pregnant and for a variety of reasons is not ready for a baby, I see no reason she can't make that decision rather quickly.
Europe is far more restrictive on abortion than the USA.
Exactly, take a morning after pill. Don’t wait till it’s a fully formed baby just so you can kill it and pick up some liberal street cred. Freaking disgusting. This absolutely, should not be compromised. If you kill a baby, you should serve time. All lives matter.

You’re a clown. The difference between a living child on due date vs aborting them the day before due date is absolutely zero. That is 100% a dead baby.

Exactly, take a morning after pill. Don’t wait till it’s a fully formed baby just so you can kill it and pick up some liberal street cred. Freaking disgusting. This absolutely, should not be compromised. If you kill a baby, you should serve time. All lives matter.
Yea dumb beeches bragging about how many abortions they’ve had. Really classy women the libs have. If you need an abortion ok. Get er done in a timely manner and STFU about it. Don’t try to take my daughter out of school to go get an abortion without my knowledge. They won’t give a kid an aspirin but they’ll make a life altering decision without the parents permission. Liberals are a disgusting breed

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT