ADVERTISEMENT

After Inflation wage numbers you liberal economists out there

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Average hourly earnings for all employees fell .01% from March to April after inflation said the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
REAL Average hourly earnings decreased 2.6% seasonally adjusted from April 2021 to April 2022.

So for the libs here who think our economy is BOOMING and WONDERFUL we are all paying more for everything including wages but after inflation the wages are actually less.

I don't think that's good economic news.

They won't respond, there's no reason to. Their retirement accounts are in the same markets the rest of ours are

They are feeling the same pinch. They just have a built in defense to blame Putin, COVID, Trump or whatever socio-economic issue they want to blame
Not sure of your point, remma. Without question, inflation is hurting everybody. Filled up my SUV today…$93. A record.

As a retired person without a pension, I’m very sensitive to stock market gyrations. YTD performance has been dismal.

That said, the gleeful blaming of Biden for both of these problems seems ludicrously simplistic. I look at inflation in Europe and Latin America where many countries have inflation above the level of the US. Is Joe responsible for that inflation as well? I look at the serious slowdown of the Chinese economy….worrisome. Is Joe responsible for that slowdown as well?

How about some serious analysis rather than partisan political dribble?

Not sure of your point, remma. Without question, inflation is hurting everybody. Filled up my SUV today…$93. A record.

As a retired person without a pension, I’m very sensitive to stock market gyrations. YTD performance has been dismal.

That said, the gleeful blaming of Biden for both of these problems seems ludicrously simplistic. I look at inflation in Europe and Latin America where many countries have inflation above the level of the US. Is Joe responsible for that inflation as well? I look at the serious slowdown of the Chinese economy….worrisome. Is Joe responsible for that slowdown as well?

I didn't have a point. He was calling out the "Liberal Economists" my response said there was no point in countering as everyone's money are in the same Markets, everyone is paying the same high cost for food, gas basic necessities, etc etc

we're all in this together, unless of course you have $500,000,000 in the bank, than you really don't care. And I would bet nobody on this site does

Reactions: cortez55403

Actually Europe has fared MUCH better than America because they didn't dole out huge sums of cash.

They are below the USA

@cortez55403 since Biden took office, what monitory and energy policies has this administration implemented that have not contributed to inflation?

Last edited:

Who are you blaming for inflation in USA, not Europe ? We'll wait. Also I'll ask for the fourth time, what is Brandon's plan on inflation- something meaningful as opposed to re-hashing build back better? We'll wait on that also.

Actually yes. Joe is responsible for inflation. Of course. The world is tied to the dollar through Petrodollars.
Have you not heard the saying “when America sneezes the world gets a cold”? Yea… that’s what they’re referring to.
Of course there’s a slowdown in China. They just shut down an entire region over 25 mil. And in case you’re not aware. That Buttegeig clown took 3 months off in the middle of an unprecedented crisis—-that fell under his department. 3 effin months. Yea this administration isn’t inept. It’s not detached from us. The balls of that. And no one calls him out.
apparently buttegeigs baby having 2 parent 24-7 is more important than the nation’s babies. And everyone else for that matter.
The arrogance of this admin. And you still defend it? He is destroying the economy by design you know. NO ONE could be so incompetent to screw up the country like this. It takes very few measures to correct it. Even if it’s just token gestures. And idiots keep blaming Orange Man. And Putin. Pathetic. You want a revolution? Or Civil War. Because this is how you do it.

Actually yes. Joe is responsible for inflation. Of course. The world is tied to the dollar through Petrodollars.
Have you not heard the saying “when America sneezes the world gets a cold”? Yea… that’s what they’re referring to.
Of course there’s a slowdown in China. They just shut down an entire region over 25 mil. And in case you’re not aware. That Buttegeig clown took 3 months off in the middle of an unprecedented crisis—-that fell under his department. 3 effin months. Yea this administration isn’t inept. It’s not detached from us. The balls of that. And no one calls him out.
apparently buttegeigs baby having 2 parent 24-7 is more important than the nation’s babies. And everyone else for that matter.
The arrogance of this admin. And you still defend it? He is destroying the economy by design you know. NO ONE could be so incompetent to screw up the country like this. It takes very few measures to correct it. Even if it’s just token gestures. And idiots keep blaming Orange Man. And Putin. Pathetic. You want a revolution? Or Civil War. Because this is how you do it.
Take a deep breath, genghis. You are ranting. Biden is “destroying the economy by design.”? C’mon man.

Who are you blaming for inflation in USA, not Europe ? We'll wait. Also I'll ask for the fourth time, what is Brandon's plan on inflation- something meaningful as opposed to re-hashing build back better? We'll wait on that also.
NoSho.

Im not blaming anyone for inflation. For me, that effort looking for a scapegoat is an emotional, political and naive approach. Desperate, angry and misplaced.

I will criticize the Biden Administration for not adequately predicting that it’s infusion of cash to those suffering in the Covid economy could/would encourage inflation by triggering consumer demand in a shrinking economy. Higher demand + lower supply of goods and services = inflation. Former Sec of Treasury Larry Summers predicted this.

Added to this demand are global disruptions of the supply of essentials, eg fuels, minerals, food supplies, microchips, etc etc.. The loss of Russian fertilizer hurts farmers worldwide. Similarly, the loss of Ukrainian wheat punishes the world.

This inflation is multi faceted, complex and global. Treating Biden as the inflation piñata is fun. It’s not very helpful, however.

NoSho.

Im not blaming anyone for inflation. For me, that effort looking for a scapegoat is an emotional, political and naive approach. Desperate, angry and misplaced.

I will criticize the Biden Administration for not adequately predicting that it’s infusion of cash to those suffering in the Covid economy could/would encourage inflation by triggering consumer demand in a shrinking economy. Higher demand + lower supply of goods and services = inflation. Former Sec of Treasury Larry Summers predicted this.

Added to this demand are global disruptions of the supply of essentials, eg fuels, minerals, food supplies, microchips, etc etc.. The loss of Russian fertilizer hurts farmers worldwide. Similarly, the loss of Ukrainian wheat punishes the world.

This inflation is multi faceted, complex and global. Treating Biden as the inflation piñata is fun. It’s not very helpful, however.
With all due respect, you are dodging my question. When he was campaigning, he said the buck would stop with him.,it's on videotape. All I've seen is a multifaceted blame game. The only thing that matters is- what is he going to do about it. A statement from a mealy mouthed spokesperson that they are "laser focused" on it 24/7 is not a plan.I haven't heard a real answer from him. or you.

Last edited:
I didn't have a point. He was calling out the "Liberal Economists" my response said there was no point in countering as everyone's money are in the same Markets, everyone is paying the same high cost for food, gas basic necessities, etc etc

we're all in this together, unless of course you have $500,000,000 in the bank, than you really don't care. And I would bet nobody on this site does
Yes I am calling out the Liberal FALSE economists here . Don't tell us the everything is peachy when it really is rotten. The numbers and stats don't support peachy.

Reactions: central17
The DESIGN you speak of is this;
We are moving forward on our progressive leftist policies come hell or high water no matter the pain
And look where we are. Instead of cutting red tape and helping oil companies get supplies to market he releases our emergency supply which arguably has done ZERO except put us at risk should a catatstrophe occur.
Just 1 example.

Reactions: genghiscane
With all due respect, you are dodging my question. When he was campaigning, he said the buck would stop with him.,it's on videotape. All I've seen is a multifaceted blame game. The only thing that matters is- what is he going to do about it. I haven't heard an answer from him. or you.
Bingo buddy

Reactions: genghiscane
With all due respect, you are dodging my question. When he was campaigning, he said the buck would stop with him.,it's on videotape. All I've seen is a multifaceted blame game. The only thing that matters is- what is he going to do about it. A statement from a mealy mouthed spokesperson that they are "laser focused" on it 24/7 is not a plan.I haven't heard a real answer from him. or you.
LOL. Because I voted for Biden, I’m now supposed to have all the answers about inflation? I haven’t yet seen the magical plan from you and HJ to fight inflation. Did I miss it?

Couple of random thoughts on how the White House might lead and where they have no role to play:

* Russian fertilizer for our agricultural needs. No hope.
* Russian fuel for Europe: emergency LNG sales to European nations. Lean on Mideast countries to up their sales to Europe. Lean on India to reduce its purchases of Russian fuels.
*Ukrainian wheat. Keep kicking Russia’s ass.
* Domestic gas prices. Releases from strategic reserve continue. Suspension of Federal gas taxes. Could easier drilling permits help? Not in the short run.
* rising airfares: No hope. Spectacular demand and higher fuel costs = high fares.
* rising wages. A good thing as we recover from low incomes during the Covid years, particularly for hourly workers not able to work from home. Labor shortage = higher wages.
* interest rates. Job of the Fed, not the White House. Delicate balance to deter aggressive borrowing without crashing the economy into a recession.
*supply chain logjams: WH can target clogged ports, baby formula shortfalls and other selected targets for remedies. Sort of a wackamole strategy that could make voters a bit happier.

Bottom line: “inflation“ includes a wide and diverse series of cost/price increases across many industries. It is not one thing. The White House can cheerlead against inflation and select targeted efforts to curb structural problems. It does not, however, have a large arsenal of weapons to a make major, immediate impact across the board. The Fed is the most important actor. But even the Fed deals primarily with interest rates, not with shortages, shortfalls and logjams across global economies.

Expecting Joe to wave the magic wand of anti inflation measures is naive.

LOL. Because I voted for Biden, I’m now supposed to have all the answers about inflation? I haven’t yet seen the magical plan from you and HJ to fight inflation. Did I miss it?

Couple of random thoughts on how the White House might lead and where they have no role to play:

* Russian fuel for Europe: emergency LNG sales to European nations. Lean on Mideast countries to up their sales to Europe. Lean on India to reduce its purchases of Russian fuels.
* Domestic gas prices. Releases from strategic reserve continue. Suspension of Federal gas taxes. Could easier drilling permits help? Not in the short run.
* rising airfares: No hope. Spectacular demand and higher fuel costs = high fares.
* rising wages. A good thing as we recover from low incomes during the Covid years, particularly for hourly workers not able to work from home. Labor shortage = higher wages.
* interest rates. Job of the Fed, not the White House. Delicate balance to deter aggressive borrowing without crashing the economy into a recession.
*supply chain logjams: WH can target clogged ports, baby formula shortfalls and other selected targets for remedies. Sort of a wackamole strategy that could make voters a bit happier.

Bottom line: “inflation“ includes a wide and diverse series of cost/price increases across many industries. It is not one thing. The White House can cheerlead against inflation and select targeted efforts to curb structural problems. It does not, however, have a large arsenal of weapons to a make major, immediate impact across the board. The Fed is the most important actor. But even the Fed deals primarily with interest rates, not with shortages, shortfalls and logjams across global economies.

Point is there shouldn’t be this problem. You fail to mention the biggest factor driving inflation. Trillions and trillions of dollars printed. 20% of all the currency in the economy right now was printed in Brandon’s first few months in office.
And because the US dollar Is the monetae communia For the Petrodollar it only makes sense that it would lead to worldwide inflation.

* rising airfares: No hope. Spectacular demand and higher fuel costs = high fares.i

A good start would be for Brandon to reverse 180 degrees every energy related decision he has made since his really stupid and disasterous day one suck up to the green weenies. The US economy is energy driven. Joe has purposely done everything possible to harm fossil fuels. Getting rid of all the libbie idiots in anything to do with economic policy like Buttigieg, Fauci, Walensky and Granholm would be another positive step. Fire Mayorkas and return 100% to Trump's border policy would take the leaching affect of illegal immigrtion and drug usage off of the economy. Putting hardcore criminals in jail and throwing away the key would reduce prices (everyone pays for shrinkage) and increase commerce (people shop and eat out when they know they are not going to be bothered by democrat funded thugs).

A good start would be for Brandon to reverse 180 degrees every energy related decision he has made since his really stupid and disasterous day one suck up to the green weenies. The US economy is energy driven. Joe has purposely done everything possible to harm fossil fuels. Getting rid of all the libbie idiots in anything to do with economic policy like Buttigieg, Fauci, Walensky and Granholm would be another positive step. Fire Mayorkas and return 100% to Trump's border policy would take the leaching affect of illegal immigrtion and drug usage off of the economy. Putting hardcore criminals in jail and throwing away the key would reduce prices (everyone pays for shrinkage) and increase commerce (people shop and eat out when they know they are not going to be bothered by democrat funded thugs).

I thought this thread was about inflation. No?

You exploded with emotion on:

energy
fossil fuels
Greens
Libs in general
border protection
drug usage
immigration
crime
punishment

Wow. Lots of anger. Wassup?

Here's one for you:
CUT SPENDING AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL
GET OIL PRODUCTION GOING AGAIN
All other areas will come down a bit if manufacturing and shipping costs drop
WE ARE GOING INTO RECESSION INTENTIONALLY synchronized with many other Nations

Reactions: NO.SHORECANE

energy
fossil fuels
Greens
Libs in general
border protection
drug usage
immigration
crime
punishment

Cortez,
Yes the thread is about inflation. The response it meant to illuminate that Biden's policies are the primary driver of inflation. Of course with overspending, most going for non productive political give aways is another primary driver. But Biden policy has greatly increased the price of energy. That price increase is multiplied in every step of any products supply chain.

Think about the cost of putting a burger on a plate in a restuarant? Higher fuel prices increase the cost of fertilizer for grain and the cost to run machinery to plant, harvest, process and store feed grain. Then higher fuel cost to ship to to the cattle ranch. Higher energy and feed costs increase the basic cattle costs Then to the meat processing plant. More higher energy costs to process and ship again, again, again. Finally a package of meat arrives at the restaurant from a higher cost delivery. Now the restaurant paying more for electricity and labor (due to Biden paying people not to work) has to put that burger on the plate. From grain to the cheese being placed on the burger, every step costs more due to higher energy costs (and other Biden policies). That is how a burger in a local diner that cost $10 in 2020 now costs $17. And gas that cost $2.00 a gallon in 2020 now costs $4.60. It is Biden's selling out the country to liberal climate whacko's and his other liberal progressive policies that have triggered the US rampant inflation. Our inflation triggered worldwide inflation which continues to fuel the inflationary spiral.

Your guy, your team, very bad results. No Bueno!

Reactions: mahb and HJCane

energy
fossil fuels
Greens
Libs in general
border protection
drug usage
immigration
crime
punishment

He and we, care. Thats why we are angry. Can't even get formula for babies and you wanna know why some are angry?

how about some serious questions, you shallow mindedly compared Latin America and Europe to USA, then without mentioning specific countries.
I’m truly glad you are suffering from your vote
As obama said, “elections have consequences”
Maybe you wake the fuk up and vote smarter next time
Pffft

Reactions: mahb

Stop spending. He's still trying to push BBB and more Covid spending when they haven't even spent previous allocations.
Stop trying to destroy our energy industry.
Stop encouraging people not to work.
Stop spending millions on illegal immigrants coming through our open border.

Stop spending. He's still trying to push BBB and more Covid spending when they haven't even spent previous allocations.
I would pull back the unspent money and announce that I'm doing so. It's NOT needed anymore. I would retract it.

NoSho. I agree with your “stop spending” mantra. But where were the GOP fiscal conservatives when DJT was president? He was the greatest spendthrift in modern America and not a peep was heard from conservatives to rein him in. Total hypocrisy.

MJ, your hero worship know no bounds. You state that Trump would have gathered child formula makers quickly and solved this issue. What blind faith you have in your leader. He spent his last several months in office and all his time thereafter continuing to protest “the steal.” He doesn’t give two sh… about parents or their children. Only interested in his self glorification.

NoSho. I agree with your “stop spending” mantra. But where were the GOP fiscal conservatives when DJT was president? He was the greatest spendthrift in modern America and not a peep was heard from conservatives to rein him in. Total hypocrisy.

MJ, your hero worship know no bounds. You state that Trump would have gathered child formula makers quickly and solved this issue. What blind faith you have in your leader. He spent his last several months in office and all his time thereafter continuing to protest “the steal.” He doesn’t give two sh… about parents or their children. Only interested in his self glorification.
Cortez, I'll remind you that inflation was at 1.4% when Trump he office. That's where it's supposed to be. He didn't have to worry about inflation, because we didn't have it. Now it's a huge problem. I don't see what Biden plans to do. It's all on the Fed , and they're way late.

Horseshit. Trumps spending was nearly all Covid related as was his job loss numbers.

Cortez, it all comes back to what is he going to do about it besides talk- spend less, grant permits, build pipelines and LNG terminals, control the border, encourage people to work, think ahead about baby formula, etc. He needs to stop blaming everybody and everything and DO something. This isn't about Trump. Get over it.

Last edited:

Cortez,
Just in case you missed it, Donald Trump is no longer the president of the United States. Both of the paragraphs you wrote are about him.

Joe Biden has been the president since January 2021. He campaigned on making the US economy better, returning safety to the streets and uniting American's. He has done none of those. The economy is in a ditch with a recession and stagflation very likely. Violence in the streets is rampant. The border is a joke. The Taliban and Putin laugh at him. And he has made no effort to unite the country. Rather he is a nasty old man who blames everyone but his own policies. Please explain how his bizarre "Ultra MAGA" rants and condemning 50% of the population?

So once again, are you really agreeing that Biden and his policies are not the cause of inflation. Can you write about the great successes of the Biden economy and how the country is better off with him in charge? Can you write two paragraphs without blaming the historical boogeyman, Donald Trump?

Cortez, it all comes back to what is he going to do about it besides talk- spend less, grant permits, build pipelines and LNG terminals, control the border, encourage people to work, think ahead about baby formula, etc.
And TALK THE TALK! If he would just come out and say that we are going to cut red tape, go full throttle to produce more oil & gas the market would drop $10 in a day. But he won't, he can't because the progressive left will fry his azz.

No cortez, I said this would NEVER EVER have been an issue during a Trump Presidency!
I dont have blind faith, as YOU apparently do, otherwise you wouldnt/couldnt defend record inflation, reord gas prices, 80 billion dollars of weapons to the Taliban/enemies, open borders and ignore the fact this mentally challenged puppet SHIT HIS PANTS while meeting the Pope!!
You are nothing but an emotional shallow minded liberal fuktard!
# todays Dems embarrass what used to be the Dem party

Pffft “says a shallow minded liberal”!

Horseshit. Trumps spending was nearly all Covid related as was his job loss numbers.
You must have been asleep during Trump’s reign, HJ. He drove national debt to,the highest level since WWII. High levels of debt and extreme use of leverage are the hallmarks of his policies before and during his political life.

You must have been asleep during Trump’s reign, HJ. He drove national debt to,the highest level since WWII. High levels of debt an
You must have been asleep during Trump’s reign, HJ. He drove national debt to,the highest level since WWII. High levels of debt and extreme use of leverage are the hallmarks of his policies before and during his political life.

US Debt Increase by President Per Fiscal Year​

The U.S. Treasury Department has historical tables that report the annual U.S. debt for each fiscal year (FY) since 1790. We've compiled this data from that source to create the figures used below.81

Joe Biden​

On October 1, 2021, at the end of fiscal year 2021, the national debt was $28.4 trillion. Between the end of fiscal year 2020 and the end of fiscal year 2021, the national debt grew $1.5 trillion, a 5.6% increase year over year. For fiscal year 2022, President Biden's budget includes a deficit of $1.84 trillion, and by the end of January 2022, the national debt had already grown to exceed $30.0 trillion.19

Donald Trump​

At the end of fiscal year 2020, the debt was $26.9 trillion. Trump added $6.7 trillion to the debt between fiscal year 2017 and fiscal year 2020, a 33.1% increase, largely due to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic and 2020 recession.

In his FY 2021 budget, Trump's budget included a $966 billion deficit.10 However, the national debt actually grew by $1.5 trillion between October 1, 2020, and October 1, 2021.

• FY 2021: $1.5 trillion
  • FY 2020: $4.2 trillion
  • FY 2019: $1.2 trillion
  • FY 2018: $1.3 trillion

Barack Obama​

President Obama added about $8.6 trillion, about a 74% increase, to the national debt at the end of President Bush’s last budget in 2009.

• FY 2017: $671 billion
  • FY 2016: $1.42 trillion
  • FY 2015: $326 billion
  • FY 2014: $1.09 trillion
  • FY 2013: $672 billion
  • FY 2012: $1.28 trillion
  • FY 2011: $1.23 trillion
  • FY 2010: $1.65 trillion
  • FY 2009: $253 billion (Congress passed the Economic Stimulus Act, which spent $253 billion)11
6.7 Trillion of which 5.7 trillion was Covid years 2020- and 2021. You guys really need to learn to research better.
Trump isn't even in the top 5 in % added to National Debt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT