ADVERTISEMENT

Animals.

Kill em all!

Nobody is advocating for murder. We don’t know all the facts- we do know that this black man struggled breathing and repeatedly told the police officer that. So, is there at least some culpability for the police officer while this black man was in custody? Yes, I do think that is fair to say - the video appears to at
least evidence that. To the extent of Murder? I don’t think you can say that as of May 28, and that is why Trump immediately ordered an expedited both FBI and DOJ investigation into this unfortunate incident.

But this video exemplifies yet another in a long of far too often problems when a black man loses his life in a police encounter. Many members of the black community believe they are justified in rioting, looting, and causing other types of harm to both property and person. What about that there’s a store owner who loses his livelihood? Or other members of the black community who are harmed because of the rioting/looting. Or good cops who now become targets? Somehow, the rule of law is put on hold simply because there is anger, albeit justified, at the black man losing his life. No more civil order. That is inexcusable, disgusting, and complete bullshit.

All the people in that video who decided to get a free toaster, tv, or other home food at the expense of another man losing his life, are indeed animals.

Nobody is advocating for murder. We don’t know all the facts- we do know that this black man struggled breathing and repeatedly told the police officer that. So, is there at least some culpability for the police officer while this black man was in custody? Yes, I do think that is fair to say - the video appears to at
least evidence that. To the extent of Murder? I don’t think you can say that as of May 28, and that is why Trump immediately ordered an expedited both FBI and DOJ investigation into this unfortunate incident.

But this video exemplifies yet another in a long of far too often problems when a black man loses his life in a police encounter. Many members of the black community believe they are justified in rioting, looting, and causing other types of harm to both property and person. Somehow, the rule of law is put on hold simply because there is anger, albeit justified, at the black man losing his life. That is inexcusable, disgusting, and complete bullshit.

All the people in that video who decided to get a free toaster, tv, or other home food at the expense of another man losing his life, are indeed animals.
The chick with the lamps is GOAT.

Reactions: lima23 and advarkas
Not sure it can be classified as murder based on criteria, likely to get lowered.
I was told they detained Floyd for Forgery investigation at which point they felt he had drugs on him. He was taken to the ground at which point you know the rest. Supposedly he was never combative or resisted but was taken to the ground and pinned there. What I don’t understand is why you pin someone down for 5 mins.

I’ve been in the exact same scenario before. There were at least 3 if not 4 officers there and if he was not being combative, he could’ve been safely searched while standing up. Even if he was combative, which I didn’t see any video of, there’s a lot that doesn’t make any sense. It’s not like the guys wasn’t cuffed.

I was told they detained Floyd for Forgery investigation at which point they felt he had drugs on him. He was taken to the ground at which point you know the rest. Supposedly he was never combative or rested but was taken to the ground and pinned there. What I don’t understand is why you pin someone down for 8 mins.

I’ve been in the exact same scenario before. There were at least 3 if not 4 officers there and if he was not being combative, he could’ve been safely searched while standing up. Even if he was combative, which I didn’t see any video of, there’s a lot that doesn’t make any sense. It’s not like the guys wasn’t cuffed.
Figured it would be a negligent manslaughter charge.

I think negligence is definitely a major part of this but if use of force is excessive, and what appears to be the case here, they can go forward with a murder 2 charge.

Second degree murder can be charged when a defendant intentionally kills another human being but the murder is not premediated. Second-degree murder may result when a person kills out of an intense emotional response or impulse.

Reactions: lima23 and 289fia

Seems to be headed that direction. I don’t know what the criminal statutes are in Minnesota, or what federal criminal laws might even apply. Florida has 2nd and 3rd Degree murder, and then manslaughter below those two. I’d imagine there’s something below a murder charge in this situation like manslaughter.

Reactions: lima23
I think negligence is definitely a major part of this but if use of force is excessive, and what appears to be the case here, they can go forward with a murder 2 charge.

Second degree murder can be charged when a defendant intentionally kills another human being but the murder is not premediated. Second-degree murder may result when a person kills out of an intense emotional response or impulse.
Was it impulse or emotional, or just bad restraint tactics? Seems like the latter to me.

Reactions: lima23 and advarkas

So the DOJ and FBI investigation will certainly have to focus on the restraining technique, length of restraint, etc. as a significant factor in this element.

I don't like what I saw with Floyd and the cops.
I don't like the rioting and looting and damage to establishments not involved.
I don't like the rhetoric.
Minneapolis has a recent history which is not good.
People are frustrated and then you throw in the Rona and all the tension and stress of what is going on with jobs and you have a powder keg on your hands.
I won't be surprised if this sort of rioting breaks out in other cities that are still closed down.

Reactions: lima23 and CFSteve
Was it impulse or emotional, or just bad restraint tactics? Seems like the latter to me.
The tactics used aren’t even tactics unless deadly force was authorized. It was gross negligence at a minimum. I held off in commenting on that because I didn’t know how Floyd got to the ground and for what duration. The impulse / emotion comes into play due to the fact Floyd was already secured and cuffed. To pin him and put a knee into the back of the neck like that is 100% unnecessary. Once autopsy comes back (which it should be done by now other than toxicology) I believe there will be a murder 2 charge coming for the officer who had the knee in his neck. The others will likely be charged with lesser manslaughter charges.

Reactions: BreakingCane
I don't like what I saw with Floyd and the cops.
I don't like the rioting and looting and damage to establishments not involved.
I don't like the rhetoric.
Minneapolis has a recent history which is not good.
People are frustrated and then you throw in the Rona and all the tension and stress of what is going on with jobs and you have a powder keg on your hands.
I won't be surprised if this sort of rioting breaks out in other cities that are still closed down.
Already has in LA

Reactions: HJCane
So the DOJ and FBI investigation will certainly have to focus on the restraining technique, length of restraint, etc. as a significant factor in this element.
Yep totally agree and I can already tell you what they’ll find. It won’t be good. I taught at Southwest Florida Public Safety Academy for 3 years part time as a defensive tactics, firearms instructor before I retired and moved to TN. This isn’t going to end well unless there’s something not in the video that would dictate deadly force being used. The officers all being fired isn’t a good sign there was that info out there.

The chick with the lamps is GOAT.

I would have gone after the K-Cup Machine and a few Green Mountain Coffee southern pecan light roast and sumatra reserve dark roast K-Cups, but something tells me that group is not the most sophisticated of individuals when it comes to coffee drinking.

There is no way that the police "officer" can justify the use of a takedown and basically a choke hold on a suspect being arrested for forgery who made no attempt to physically resist. Seems like a very clear case of a cop with a very bad attitude in general, and maybe more so regarding blacks (but there ARE those that are just bad in general). Seems like a case of 2nd degree murder .. period. Shame that guys like that take the reputation of all police down when they do something like that.

The tactics used aren’t even tactics unless deadly force was authorized. It was gross negligence at a minimum. I held off in commenting on that because I didn’t know how Floyd got to the ground and for what duration. The impulse / emotion comes into play due to the fact Floyd was already secured and cuffed. To pin him and put a knee into the back of the neck like that is 100% unnecessary. Once autopsy comes back (which it should be done by now other than toxicology) I believe there will be a murder 2 charge coming for the officer who had the knee in his neck. The others will likely be charged with lesser manslaughter charges.
I'm not an LEO nor have I ever had a desire to be one but from a military perspective, the threat is neutralized once a person is in handcuffs. It is also inherently more difficult to breathe when a person is laying on their stomach because you are lying on your main breathing muscle, your diaphragm. There's a reason why most people don't sleep on their stomachs for extended periods of time. Add the fact that this scumbag, cop had his knee on that man's carotid artery for FIVE MINUTES AFTER HE WAS HANDCUFFED and on his belly and I don't see how anyone could come to the conclusion that a simple manslaughter charge is appropriate. When I see most cops properly detain someone, they neutralize the threat I.E. handcuff the subject and SIT him in the squad car or on the curb/street. When you put a handcuffed person on their stomach and place your knee on their neck and apply enough pressure to cut off the oxygen to their brain that sounds like a deliberate act to me.

Reactions: zackbear

How do we know that scumbag wasn’t planning to kill a black man that day, because he think he can get away with it like the rest of the thugs in blue who have gotten away with it. I’m sure he knew that knee choking could kill.

I'm not an LEO nor have I ever had a desire to be one but from a military perspective, the threat is neutralized once a person is in handcuffs. It is also inherently more difficult to breathe when a person is laying on their stomach because you are lying on your main breathing muscle, your diaphragm. There's a reason why most people don't sleep on their stomachs for extended periods of time. Add the fact that this scumbag, cop had his knee on that man's carotid artery for FIVE MINUTES AFTER HE WAS HANDCUFFED and on his belly and I don't see how anyone could come to the conclusion that a simple manslaughter charge is appropriate. When I see most cops properly detain someone, they neutralize the threat I.E. handcuff the subject and SIT him in the squad car or on the curb/street. When you put a handcuffed person on their stomach and place your knee on their neck and apply enough pressure to cut off the oxygen to their brain that sounds like a deliberate act to me.
This is the debate on whether it will be murder or manslaughter. The issue itself is moot because we all agree it was an unnecessary and excessive use of force that unfortunately killed this man. The charges will be interesting once we have all of the facts.

You’re clearly not capable of big boy discussions. My daughter wouldn’t be a criminal in cuffs arguing with cops on fraud charges, so that situation is irrelevant.
What if she turn down his advances after he pulled her over for failure to make a complete stop, but the dashboard camera clearly shows she came to a complete stop, and than he knee chokes her to death in the street handcuffed hands behind her back.

This is the debate on whether it will be murder or manslaughter. The issue itself is moot because we all agree it was an unnecessary and excessive use of force that unfortunately killed this man. The charges will be interesting once we have all of the facts.
I agree with that statement.

What if she turn down his advances after he pulled her over for failure to make a complete stop, but the dashboard camera clearly shows she came to a complete stop, and than he knee chokes her to death in the street handcuffed hands behind her back.
White male and white woman resist arrest more than anyone, but they don’t an up dead.

What admission? BIT CHTARD
That you are a retard, 24/7/365. Not just this a.m.

Dear god, Cems. Here you go with your sick fantasies again, and this time you forgot to log out from your alter ego Fvcktard1969.

Tragedy go to waste.
Let your brother, or father get killed like that.
What does this guy getting killed have to do with democrats looting and vandalizing their local black owned businesses that had nothing to do with the murder? Answer, nothing! You’re an idiot and were probably joining in some where.

But this video exemplifies yet another in a long of far too often problems when a black man loses his life in a police encounter. Many members of the black community believe they are justified in rioting, looting, and causing other types of harm to both property and person. What about that there’s a store owner who loses his livelihood? Or other members of the black community who are harmed because of the rioting/looting. Or good cops who now become targets? Somehow, the rule of law is put on hold simply because there is anger, albeit justified, at the black man losing his life. No more civil order. That is inexcusable, disgusting, and complete bullshit.

I'm not a big fan of the looting or taking things that don't belong to you as a form of protesting because those store owners aren't responsible for the actions of these cops. I do and would however support people like the Black Panthers, NOI getting involved. This shit has gone on far too long and far too often it's a black person who disproportionately doesn't survive a police encounter while a white supremacist can walk into a black church in South Carolina, murder 9 innocent people during Bible study and get taken to Burger King on his way to jail or a white kid can go into a school in Florida and kill 23 kids and be taken alive. The black man loses his life because of an alleged forgery charge or selling loose cigarettes? The only way this shit is going to stop is if WE stop it.

I'm not a big fan of the looting or taking things that don't belong to you as a form of protesting because those store owners aren't responsible for the actions of these cops. I do and would however support people like the Black Panthers, NOI getting involved. This shit has gone on far too long and far too often it's a black person who disproportionately doesn't survive a police encounter while a white supremacist can walk into a black church in South Carolina, murder 9 innocent people during Bible study and get taken to Burger King on his way to jail or a white kid can go into a school in Florida and kill 23 kids and be taken alive. The black man loses his life because of an alleged forgery charge or selling loose cigarettes? The only way this shit is going to stop is if WE stop it.

In my opinion, the video in this incident is concrete evidence of wrongdoing - to me, the issue is the level of culpability of the cop. Manslaughter, Second Degree Murder, First Degree Murder...? To me, this is exactly why we have to have an independent investigation, which is why Trump immediately ordered both the FBI and DOJ to go to Minnesota - to investigate, to obtain facts, and to present evidence to a special prosecutor. Let the cop be tried before a jury (unless there is some sort of plea deal), and let's see what happens before we start throwing cinder blocks through some poor innocent store owner's windows and committing larceny to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars in damage.

As far as the Black Panthers and the NOI, those are black militant groups who are often as racist as the KKK, and who preach violence while causing further racial divide in this country. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think the great honorable men like MLK, Medgar Evers, and Booker T. Washington, who were exemplary to all American irrespective of race, would be appalled at the level of civil disorder, hate speech, and often violence exhibited by these groups, and more so BLM. Always amuses me how an self-serving, tax evading racist like Al Sharpton can be held in higher esteem to so many in the black community than a Medgar Evers, Clarence Thomas, Thurgood Marshall, or even an Oprah Winfrey. Just to name a few.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT