ADVERTISEMENT

Are we still doing the covid panic thing next year?

What about hitting them on their heads? Nothing else seems to work.
What about letting them decide if they want it or not since it does basically nothing to protect anybody else with the recent variants? And enough with the stupid seatbelt thing. If you don't wear a seatbelt you can get a ticket for $100 or whatever. If Biden has his way if you don't get injected with a vaccine (likely including boosters) then you lose your job.

Reactions: grbcane
Seat belts are required but no fuss from you. Why?
Like I've said before, let us know when wearing a seat belt leaves you paralyzed from Transverse Myelitis like the vaccine did to my cousin's daughter. Terrible analogy.

It's not just football cems.
It getting back t normal non mandated life. The reason why people love this country, is because you can choose to make of life what you can.
COVID is a virus, and will be a virus just like the flu. So, have we shut down the country and mandated things for the FLU?
We let our kids take all kinds of shots for school but not a whimper from you. Our military requires soldiers to vaccinate for all kinds of shzt but no outcry from the right. Why the outcry with Covid shots?

Like I've said before, let us know when wearing a seat belt leaves you paralyzed from Transverse Myelitis like the vaccine did to my cousin's daughter. Terrible analogy.
But you think using your cousin as an analogy is comparable? Few have side effects from the vaccine.

BTW: My prayers go out to your cousin.

What about letting them decide if they want it or not since it does basically nothing to protect anybody else with the recent variants? And enough with the stupid seatbelt thing. If you don't wear a seatbelt you can get a ticket for $100 or whatever. If Biden has his way if you don't get injected with a vaccine (likely including boosters) then you lose your job.
Sounds good to me. Lose your freaken job cuz you're trying to kill us.

So in other words, no different form any other virus, right? 20,000 to 50,000 die every year from the flu in America but no mandates, masks, and no cancelled games for that deadly virus.
You and others ought to leave these questions to the experts. You're not one of them.

But you think using your cousin as an analogy is comparable? Few have side effects from the vaccine.

BTW: My prayers go out to your cousin.
And less than .5% will die from getting Covid and the vast majority of them are older and/or have preexisting conditions, so what was your point again?

You and others ought to leave these questions to the experts. You're not one of them.
So, 20,000 to 50,000 American deaths per year are no big deal to you? I can promise you that after what we went through last year with Covid that I know more than most on here about it.

So, 20,000 to 50,000 American deaths per year are no big deal to you? I can promise you that after what we went through last year with Covid that I know more than most on here about it.
You do know 500K > 50k? The bigger number is the number of people who died under Trumps watch from Covid.

Nope. I asked my sister and she told me the federal govt. has run out of the prophylantix and is waiting for more to either be produced here or to arrive from overseas.

The demand is so great and they are so many people testing positive that the feds have run out.
Would it be a stretch to suggest if more folks got the shot demand would ease for these prophylantics?
Just a thought .....

You do know 500K > 50k? The bigger number is the number of people who died under Trumps watch from Covid.
Actually, more have died under Pudding Brain's watch than when 45 was in charge. So we've established that you are OK with up to 50,000 dying from a virus. I'm interested to see what number of dying is your magic number when it comes to mandates and lockdowns?

I love the elderly. Remembet, one day you will be old.
I love the elderly too but I'm not silly enough to compare Covid with the Bubonic Plague like some have done for political purposes. Are you still trying to say that the vaccinated can't spread Covid to the elderly? What happened to "Follow the science?"

You mean like all the classy people who were chanting F Trump for 4 years? You've revealed yourself to be the libtard moron that I assumed you were from our prior discussion.
Show me footage of a large crowd of progressives chanting "**** Trump"" and I'll show you a trumpster insurrection against the US. Fu very much.
Signed: Centrist disgusted with extremists on both sides

Show me footage of a large crowd of progressives chanting "**** Trump"" and I'll show you a trumpster insurrection against the US. Fu very much.
Signed: Centrist disgusted with extremists on both sides
There was a sitting member of Congress that was saying, "Impeach the Mother F*****" just 30 days into 45's presidency. I agree wholeheartedly that both sides suck in today's version of politics.

Ummm, weve lost 800K in 2 years.
Please, don't say flu if you expect to be taken seriously
How many would die from the flu every year in America if there were no vaccine for it? Over 100,000 died from the Hong Kong Flu in America back in the late 60's.

Would it be a stretch to suggest if more folks got the shot demand would ease for these prophylantics?
Just a thought .....
Probably. But my sister got both vaxxed and boosted and she still came down with the virus. Omicron is by far the most contagious strain of this virus. Less severe but more contagious.

That's why more people than ever are getting tested.

Reactions: roofermike
No surprise that roofermike wouldn't answer the question of how many flu deaths there would be each year in America without a vaccine. Comparing those deaths to a new virus that had no vaccine until this year is like sending someone to a fight with one hand tied behind their back. Not sure why he would downplay the deadliness of the flu and the number of Americans that die each year from it, even with a vaccine. Of course, this is coming from someone that was comparing GOP members saying, "He's not my president" and "I'll do my part to make sure he's a one term president," to Dems saying, "Impeach the motherf*****" and "If you see a Trump supporter, crowd around them and make sure they know they're not welcome." The only deflection in this thread has been him throwing cover for Joey's total ineptness regarding Covid. It's always someone's or something else's fault when Joey craps his pants.

Probably. But my sister got both vaxxed and boosted and she still came down with the virus. Omicron is by far the most contagious strain of this virus. Less severe but more contagious.

That's why more people than ever are getting tested.
Yeah, weaker but more contagious and the folks getting it are not vaxxed. That's why we're still losing 1K a day.
We got 10-12 guys testing positive who are presumably vaxxed out of ....... 100 kids +/- ?
So it's still 90% effective as far as preventing infection. Not bad but I'm hearing Pfizer and Moderna are only effective against the new strain WITH the booster. ALL the others are less effective or even not at all. The rest of the world is in bad shape with the vaccines they have. So in that respect we are not in terrible shape but it would be great if we could get 60M more people to just get the damn shot

Reactions: Tiv
Yeah, weaker but more contagious and the folks getting it are not vaxxed. That's why we're still losing 1K a day.
We got 10-12 guys testing positive who are presumably vaxxed out of ....... 100 kids +/- ?
So it's still 90% effective as far as preventing infection. Not bad but I'm hearing Pfizer and Moderna are only effective against the new strain WITH the booster. ALL the others are less effective or even not at all. The rest of the world is in bad shape with the vaccines they have. So in that respect we are not in terrible shape but it would be great if we could get 60M more people to just get the damn shot
We aren't currently losing 1k a day. Deaths lag behind the infections and then there are in many cases significant delays in reporting the deaths. The 1k reported today occurred weeks ago or even months ago before Omicron existed.

You should stick to roofing and not calculating vaccine effectiveness. That's not how the calculation works. All 100 wouldn't have gotten infected in that period if they weren't vaccinated either.

Studies done by actual scientists in the UK say that Pfizer boosted with Pfizer is 70% effective in preventing SYMPTOMATIC infections of Omicron for a whole 9 weeks and then it drops to 45%. It is even less effective against people testing positive which they didn't measure.

The current spread is the fault of the virus which mutated and has found a way to spread better. It has noting to do with the people who haven't gotten vaccinated. I mean, look at Vermont and New Hampshire where over 90% of eligible people have been vaccinated and they have had a major surge recently. The highest cases per 100k population in FL are consistently Miami-Dade and Broward which are also the most vaccinated counties.

There are things that humans can't control and the spread of highly contagious respiratory viruses that can be spread by people without symptoms tops the list. No matter how many people get vaccinated, how many masks you wear or whatever else you do, SARS-CoV-2 (the virus which causes COVID) is here and will be around in some form and at a not-insignificant level for the rest of our lives.

We aren't currently losing 1k a day. Deaths lag behind the infections and then there are in many cases significant delays in reporting the deaths. The 1k reported today occurred weeks ago or even months ago before Omicron existed.

You should stick to roofing and not calculating vaccine effectiveness. That's not how the calculation works. All 100 wouldn't have gotten infected in that period if they weren't vaccinated either.

Studies done by actual scientists in the UK say that Pfizer boosted with Pfizer is 70% effective in preventing SYMPTOMATIC infections of Omicron for a whole 9 weeks and then it drops to 45%. It is even less effective against people testing positive which they didn't measure.

The current spread is the fault of the virus which mutated and has found a way to spread better. It has noting to do with the people who haven't gotten vaccinated. I mean, look at Vermont and New Hampshire where over 90% of eligible people have been vaccinated and they have had a major surge recently. The highest cases per 100k population in FL are consistently Miami-Dade and Broward which are also the most vaccinated counties.

There are things that humans can't control and the spread of highly contagious respiratory viruses that can be spread by people without symptoms tops the list. No matter how many people get vaccinated, how many masks you wear or whatever else you do, SARS-CoV-2 (the virus which causes COVID) is here and will be around in some form and at a not-insignificant level for the rest of our lives.
bla, bla, bla . . . stick your condescension, OK?

"Studies done by actual scientists in the UK say ..."
As if we don't have "actual scientists" . . .

. . . "nothing to do with the people who haven't gotten vaccinated."
And I'm supposed to take you seriously?

I love the elderly too but I'm not silly enough to compare Covid with the Bubonic Plague like some have done for political purposes. Are you still trying to say that the vaccinated can't spread Covid to the elderly? What happened to "Follow the science?"
You're conflating 2 questions. You need to follow the science to understand how the virus is transmitted. Also, I never said the vaccinated can't spread Covid to the elderly. You need to do some more research on this subject. You sound lost.

Actually, more have died under Pudding Brain's watch than when 45 was in charge. So we've established that you are OK with up to 50,000 dying from a virus. I'm interested to see what number of dying is your magic number when it comes to mandates and lockdowns?
I have no opinion on your question cuz Biden will not be locking down the country. You appear to be all over the map with your pointless questions. What gives?

Sounds good to me. Lose your freaken job cuz you're trying to kill us.
Stop posting shzt I never said. You're better than that.
Sorry, I thought that you saying that people should lose their jobs because they're trying to kill us by not being vaccinated somehow meant that you think that they are the ones that are spreading Covid. Gee, what on earth was I thinking? :rolleyes:

Listen you piece of shit, the President’s name is not Brandon. You are pure low class trash that has no credibility and deserves zero respect from anyone!

It’s one thing to criticize a president and disagree with his policy decisions, it’s a whole different level of low class, unAmerican, sleazy, scumbag to follow the lead of uneducated inbred white trash rednecks and use a derogatory slur at a president.

You honestly think anybody gives a f#ck what an asshole like you thinks or says? After showing what a low class piece of garbage you are only your fellow Trump loving cult douche bags can stand the putrid pile of shit stench that’s attached to you and anything you say!
Brandon is a mentally incompetent douche bag who is clueless. He just reads what his handlers put in front of him
But if you think you have riled me .. you are wrong . I’m rich . And privileged. Have a great life, living in a gated community with guards protecting my person and property from outsiders.
But I was mislead by the Brandonites , who continue to spew this get vaccinated and all will be well crap. They are failing .

I have no opinion on your question cuz Biden will not be locking down the country. You appear to be all over the map with your pointless questions. What gives?
More dead under Joey and his "plan" than under 45. When are you going to get around to judging the demented fool in charge now like you did with the last guy? Pudding Brain and his equally inept Cabinet have been totally incompetent on any major issue they've faced so far.

Are people actually claiming that the vaccines weren’t pushed as a way of stopping the spread ?
They want to vaccinate 5 year olds , who rarely, if ever get sick with a vaccine that doesn’t prevent them from getting the disease or spreading it . How many times did we hear about the kids getting sick and bringing it home to grandma who will die ? It was constant
Some vaccines may limit the severity of the new variant. Maybe. Some like what I was forced to get don’t work at all
So we are going to fire nurses , cops and Firefighters because they failed to take a vaccine that has no effect on the current virus ? If they took the J &J vaccine, they are fully vaccinated and can work . Doesn’t matter that the vaccine has not been shown to prevent any spread and not shown to reduce severity.
How does this make sense ?
It’s just control . Brandon doesn’t care whether it works . He just cares about control. Sickening

More dead under Joey and his "plan" than under 45. When are you going to get around to judging the demented fool in charge now like you did with the last guy? Pudding Brain and his equally inept Cabinet have been totally incompetent on any major issue they've faced so far.
They sure have accomplished a lot without Republican help. I wonder why?

Sorry, I thought that you saying that people should lose their jobs because they're trying to kill us by not being vaccinated somehow meant that you think that they are the ones that are spreading Covid. Gee, what on earth was I thinking? :rolleyes:
Twisting my posts to fit your right wing agenda will not work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT