ADVERTISEMENT

As an Alumnus, I just sent this letter to Dr Frenk (Gary, I copied your line about our current losing streak, THANKS FOR THE ASSIST)

Hurricanemar

SuperCane
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2007
Good morning Dr Frenk,

For the sake of brevity, as I am very confident you are busy, I will try to be brief. I graduated from The University of Miami in 1993, and my wife in 1994. Was a season ticket holder for over 20 years and went to my first University of Miami Football game in 1980 at the age of 10. I have traveled across the country various times to support our programs in person and have contributed what I could to my Alma Matter financially over the years.

Gross Negligence is the only word that comes to mind when I compare the results of our Top 3 Athletic Programs under Mr. Blake James. Our once proud Baseball team has been in shambles and a shell of its former self under his watch. Our basketball program had a few moments of success, but only because Coach Larrañaga was hired by our previous AD. And of course, the crown jewel of our Athletics, the Football team is unrecognizable. We are currently on a 5 game losing streak to Power 5 teams…which is the longest since 1977-78. There have been 4 such streaks in the past 7 years. These new lows are all occurring under his watch. When is enough…enough? How far do we sink under his watch? How much longer do we listen to his rhetoric?

I am confident you can find a position for him fund raising, as he has been great in that department. BUT, he is failing miserably with the most important metric (wins and losses in Athletics, or say Profitability in business). If the business I ran did amazing on all measures (morale, growth, retention as examples), but we lost money every single year, I would be out of business in no time. THE MOST IMPORTANT METRIC is PROFITABILITY. In ATHLETICS, THE MOST IMPORTANT MEASURES ARE WINS AND LOSSES. We do nothing but LOSE in our Big 3 Athletics under his watch? When is enough, enough?

I won’t even delve into the significance The University of Miami football program has in our City from a cultural perspective, as it is one of the few things our “melting pot of a city” unites behind. Next time you go to a game, ask how many people there are Alumni like myself. You may be shocked to learn the majority are residents of South Florida that did NOT attend The University of Miami, yet LOVE this team and what it stood for. Just like me at age 10, 1980 with my immigrant father (who also loved the Canes!)

I ask you again, when is ENOUGH, ENOUGH?

Thank you for your time.

Cordially,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News