ADVERTISEMENT

Avs take game one in STANLEY CUP FINALS

majus12

SuperCane
Oct 15, 2004
Sorry Charlie, Tampa Bay has run into a BETTER overall team.
Avs have best defenseman in last 3 decades, they have faster skaters, better puck handlers. The ONLY thing TB has is the better goalies.
However he was lit up for 4 goals last night, while the tired NYRangers scored 6
So he is human after all
NO THREE PEAT for TB this year
Avs taking home the Stanley Cup

Reactions: krvanness
TB looked slow last night, much like game 1 vs NY. Still wearing my Lucky Lightning t-shirt for games, presently 8-3 since the last washing. Added some BBQ sauce and a dribble of of Mac n Cheese on Saturday night....Go BOLTS!

The only thing I know about hockey is from the movie Miracle, but I enjoy the hockey threads that have been posted.

The only thing I know about hockey is from the movie Miracle, but I enjoy the hockey threads that have been posted.
Don't know a lot about hockey but my FIL was from Toronto and was actually drafted by the Blackhawks back when there were only 8 teams. He never knew about this until after his mother had died. Going through her things a family member found the draft letter. His mom apparently didn't want her oldest son leaving home.

Don't know a lot about hockey but my FIL was from Toronto and was actually drafted by the Blackhawks back when there were only 8 teams. He never knew about this until after his mother had died. Going through her things a family member found the draft letter. His mom apparently didn't want her oldest son leaving home.
That’s an interesting find.

I wonder what the compensation was for Hockey back in that era?

I’m sure he wished he knew about being drafted, but it sounds like he did alright.
He did ok in life and was one tough SOB. When I first started dating my wife, he was one of those dad's that, when I would call their house, he would answer, "she's out with someone else" and other things to try and discourage me. One night I was drunk as hell and went over to their condo complex and shouted at their unit for him to come outside, and not very pleasantly. I'm sure glad he didn't come out that night and kick my butt all over the parking lot. We laughed about that a few times over the years, before he passed away.

• Haha
Reactions: grbcane
Oh no doubt! Just curious. I'm sure, just like the NFL back in the day, it wasn't something you could live off of. But to play at that level had to have been the same thrill that it is present day.
A lot of the players that played pro sports back then had jobs in the offseason.

A lot of the players that played pro sports back then had jobs in the offseason.
When I used to hang out at the Bowl-O-Mat on US-1 in Miami, in the 70's, the Bartender there had played for The Bears in the 40's. I thought that was so cool and loved asking him questions about it. He said they didn't make a whole lot of money, but the pride in playing for The Bears was priceless.

Reactions: 801canesmxer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT