ADVERTISEMENT

Bank of America & Citi Bank / Guns

ZEKEMUG

SuperCane
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2005
Citi & Bank of America said they will no longer make loans to gun manufacturers that make military type guns for private citizens. Citi had already put restrictions on retailers for background checks. This morning I called Citi and cancelled credit card and gave this as the reason. I do not own a gun never have but I don’t like banks, big internet companies trying to force policy on me. I hope many others do the same and their profits tank.

Citi & Bank of America said they will no longer make loans to gun manufacturers that make military type guns for private citizens. Citi had already put restrictions on retailers for background checks. This morning I called Citi and cancelled credit card and gave this as the reason. I do not own a gun never have but I don’t like banks, big internet companies trying to force policy on me. I hope many others do the same and their profits tank.
What use would private citizens have for military type guns?

If anything their profits would rise since a majority of Americans back banning military grade weapons, so these companies would merely be making a business decision to be on the right side of history.

Last edited:

Well every bank has lending policies and they apply to you whether you like it or not. With that said, why do you have a problem with a private business developing and implementing lending policies. They've decided for whatever reason that this type of lending is not in the best interest of their shareholders. Why the outrage?

Good job bro!

Well every bank has lending policies and they apply to you whether you like it or not. With that said, why do you have a problem with a private business developing and implementing lending policies. They've decided for whatever reason that this type of lending is not in the best interest of their shareholders. Why the outrage?

I have no outrage but I think I can spend my dollars or do business where I want. I just don’t like businesses making the rules and overriding the Constitution. Fell free to take my spot but I’m out.

Reactions: Strack_Cane
You guys should get an education about guns before acting like you’re the experts. Military guns have NEVER been available to the public since at least 1984.

Current “military style” weapons are sem-automatic. Military weapons are fully automatic. Huge difference.

As far as why should people be “allowed” to have them goes...people want them for self defense, hunting, sport shooting, collecting and just in case scenarios. A pistol is not sufficient against a rifle.

If anything their profits would rise since a majority of Americans back banning military grade weapons, so these companies would merely be making a business decision to be on the right side of history.
This from the hypocrite that backs the racist group Antifa.

You guys should get an education about guns before acting like you’re the experts. Military guns have NEVER been available to the public since at least 1984.

Current “military style” weapons are sem-automatic. Military weapons are fully automatic. Huge difference.

As far as why should people be “allowed” to have them goes...people want them for self defense, hunting, sport shooting, collecting and just in case scenarios. A pistol is not sufficient against a rifle.
This is spot on but it is not about the guns it is about control. Thank God our founders realize how crooked our government could be left unchecked.

This is spot on but it is not about the guns it is about control. Thank God our founders realize how crooked our government could be left unchecked.
Yes it is. Interesting thing is how many liberals want guns when they actually feel threatened by something. I live in Orlando. After the Pulse shooting gays flocked to stores to buy guns. I’ve helped a few left leaning friends make their first gun purchases as well. I always recommend a Glock 17 to start off with.

The AR15 is essentially an M16 with a few subtle differences. The guts of it are the same. The M16 is a military weapon and the A2 is not fully automatic.

Reactions: Raoul2 and CFSteve
I have no outrage but I think I can spend my dollars or do business where I want. I just don’t like businesses making the rules and overriding the Constitution. Fell free to take my spot but I’m out.

The constitution says we have a right to bear arms. It does not say that every bank must lend to gun manufacturers. The constitution is not being overridden in any way, shape, or form. And if you don't like private businesses making their own decisions then you don't like capitalism.

Reactions: CFSteve
The constitution says we have a right to bear arms. It does not say that every bank must lend to gun manufacturers. The constitution is not being overridden in any way, shape, or form. And if you don't like private businesses making their own decisions then you don't like capitalism.
The op voted with his wallet and cancelled his Citi bank CC. That's what you have to do if you don't want to give your support to someone or something you don't agree with.

The op voted with his wallet and cancelled his Citi bank CC. That's what you have to do if you don't want to give your support to someone or something you don't agree with.

You don't honestly believe he cancelled his credit card do you? Haha. That's like believing these guys don't watch the NFL because of the kneeling.

How you turn that into I don’t like capitalism is amazing. They made their business decision I made mine. What their doing is a slippery slope everybody knows where their trying to go with this.

How you turn that into I don’t like capitalism is amazing. They made their business decision I made mine. What their doing is a slippery slope everybody knows where their trying to go with this.

You said you don't like businesses making rules. If you don't like private businesses making rules for their own company then apparently you want government to make the rules for that company. Doesn't sound like capitalism to me.

And the beauty of capitalism is that there will still be plenty of banks that will be happy to loan money to these gun manufacturers. I am sure the shareholders of Citi and BOA are happy with that.

What I did was I didn’t like their business decision so I took my business elsewhere. Milan took the epipen from $57 to $608 I guess that’s capitalism

And the beauty of capitalism is that there will still be plenty of banks that will be happy to loan money to these gun manufacturers. I am sure the shareholders of Citi and BOA are happy with that.

There actually won't be enough banks willing to lend if the public start putting pressure on banks through twitter campaigns - same way they have been doing with Fox News to get rid of their crappy pundits.

There actually won't be enough banks willing to lend if the public start putting pressure on banks through twitter campaigns - same way they have been doing with Fox News to get rid of their crappy pundits.

lots of luck trying.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT