ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL: App St vs UM - Canes win, 6-1!!!

AtlantaCane

SuperCane
Sep 7, 2005
Port Orange, Florida
Post-Game Update:

PITCHING

FR Slade Cecconi (2-0) went 6 innings giving up just 4 hits, 1 ER and striking out 8 while walking just one batter. J.P. Gates, Gregory Veliz and Mark Mixon each threw a scoreless inning in relief to boost Miami's record to 10-2. App St fell to 4-7.

HITTING
Lead-ff batter Jordan Lala started the scoring for us by slapping a first-pitch HR over the RF wall in the bottom of the 1st.

FINAL LINESCORE:
ASU 1 6 2
UM 6 11 1

POST-GAME INFO
Final Game Recap: Freshmen Lead Canes Past App St., 6-1 (UM Link)
Final Box Score (UM Link)
Final Stats Summary (UM Link)

If U want to watch the replay:
Watch ESPN: ACCN Extra + NCAA Baseball

A year ago this time, our record was just 5-7 so there is a definite improvement.

One downside, we left 8 men on base (App St. left 9), several in scoring position. We can't keep doing this and expect to win games, especially in the ACC. We SO 7x, App St SO 10x.

Beginning Friday night, Miami kicks off ACC play at The Light with Georgia Tech in town. The game starts a little later than usual, 7:30 pm. In a pre-game ceremony, the U will officially retire ex-HC Jim Morris' No. 3 jersey.

I hope to be back with U throughout the weekend.

To review tonight's win, pls scroll down. I couldn't cover tonight so Cuban stepped in and did a lot with a little so it's not very long with LO posting the final score. Thx, guys!

Go Canes!

-------------------------------------

Hello Caniacs...

I can't over tonight's game but I hope to be back for this weekend's start of ACC competition vs Georgia Tech at The Light.

TEAM RECORDS
The Canes are 9-2 and App St is 4-6.

STARTING PITCHERS
(from UM)
Freshman right-hander Slade Cecconi (1-0, 3.27 ERA) will make his third start of the year and is set to oppose Appalachian State sophomore RHP Cameron Kepley (0-2, 5.00 ERA).

While I hope someone can provide game updates, here are some other options for U:

MEDIA INFO
Read:
Game Preview: Baseball to Host Appalachian State (UM Link)
Read: Pre-Game Notes (UM PDF - Tons of Great Team Info)
Watch: ACCN Extra + NCAA Baseball (Watch ESPN Link)
Listen: WVUM.org (UM Link)
Live Stats: App St vs UM (UM Link)

This a mid-week game so it's one we have to win. Last year, we were 3-8 mid-week, this year to date, we're 2-0 (FAU & FIU breaking last year's losing streaks to those teams) and the team is on a 4-0 winning streak.

Enjoy the game. Thanks and...

Go Canes!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News