ADVERTISEMENT

Budget is HUGE! I just found out by an extremely reliable source that Randy Shannon tried to hire Kevin Steele here as well.

cdwright40

SuperCane
Aug 14, 2007
So, you can add that to the list of people Randy tried to get and got shot down. It is great we are finally committing the budget to play big time football with elite teams now. I caution people that want to take shots at all these other coaches. A head coach does not do it by themselves. People like Dabo and Saban and Smart have big guns assisting them. You have to have elite assistants to win in todays game. That is to me the main reason we have not seen the same success.

I think if you give all of these coaches the same resources they would have been much more successful. I heard Kevin Steele was making 2.5 Million Dollars a year to coordinate Auburns defense. These are the numbers winning teams are working with. This has nothing to do with a head coach but his ability to bring in the big time assistants.

One other thing I forgot to mention. Apparently there is some bad blood with Kevin Steele and Clemson / Dabo. He has told insiders he is looking forward to getting some revenge on them. I guess he had a bad experience there.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News