ADVERTISEMENT

Cali and NY lose seats Fla and Texas pick up seats and business' flees

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Congressional seats California and NY lose 1 each and Florida picks up 2 Texas 3 after the census. Meanwhile failed liberal policies result in business fleeing both Cali and NY. In Cali Oracle, HP, Tesla all leaving and in NY JP Morgan Chase, UBS, Morgan Stanley just to name a few. If u thought those 2 states were in financial trouble just wait.

Big tech will never fully leave California and anyone who thinks so is crazy. And as long as wall street is in New York they will always bounce back. RINO Trump is more to blame for the overall chaos and uncertainty right now. But just wait you ain't seen nothing yet. He's about to ensure Republicans lose 2 more seats and give control to the Democrats.

Big tech will never fully leave California and anyone who thinks so is crazy. And as long as wall street is in New York they will always bounce back. RINO Trump is more to blame for the overall chaos and uncertainty right now. But just wait you ain't seen nothing yet. He's about to ensure Republicans lose 2 more seats and give control to the Democrats.

Reactions: lysmaryj
Liberal policies have turned what was once a great state into a declining shamble. Illegal immigration, sanctuary cities , higher taxes , insane laws and lawlessness , have people “getting out of Dodge “. In the last 2 years , even with the birth rate and influx of Asians California’s population has decreased by over a quarter of a million people .

Congressional seats California and NY lose 1 each and Florida picks up 2 Texas 3 after the census. Meanwhile failed liberal policies result in business fleeing both Cali and NY. In Cali Oracle, HP, Tesla all leaving and in NY JP Morgan Chase, UBS, Morgan Stanley just to name a few. If u thought those 2 states were in financial trouble just wait.
Florida is a battleground state always will be. Depends on who is running. Texas is 8 years from the same. Be nice if Cali went purple. New York should stay blue, just seems normal.

Florida is a battleground state always will be. Depends on who is running. Texas is 8 years from the same. Be nice if Cali went purple. New York should stay blue, just seems normal.
Until it isn't normal SEE: Georgia

The problem with much of California is the cost of living - real estate is far outpacing wages, which makes home ownership for first time buyers incredibly prohibitive. There are a lot of younger people in the big cities and silicon valley who aren't interested in paying a million bucks for a basic three bedroom home in LA or the Bay Area - and with telework increasingly being used by a lot of tech companies, where they live is increasingly irrelevant which means they can move to cheap places like Texas and elsewhere.

All this means politically, is that states like Texas and Georgia will continue to trend blue in the coming election cycles - much as Virginia, Colorado, and Arizona have over the past decade.

The problem with much of California is the cost of living - real estate is far outpacing wages, which makes home ownership for first time buyers incredibly prohibitive. There are a lot of younger people in the big cities and silicon valley who aren't interested in paying a million bucks for a basic three bedroom home in LA or the Bay Area - and with telework increasingly being used by a lot of tech companies, where they live is increasingly irrelevant which means they can move to cheap places like Texas and elsewhere.

All this means politically, is that states like Texas and Georgia will continue to trend blue in the coming election cycles - much as Virginia, Colorado, and Arizona have over the past decade.

This is true. California has loons to spare. They are invading where I live in Idaho. They are like locust, they have destroyed their state and now are looking for something else to consume. They arent wanted here and their path of destruction will only further the divide in this country. They dont have the same values as most Americans...not even most dems.

Reactions: utatem
This is true. California has loons to spare. They are invading where I live in Idaho. They are like locust, they have destroyed their state and now are looking for something else to consume. They arent wanted here and their path of destruction will only further the divide in this country. They dont have the same values as most Americans...not even most dems.

Yep - Boise, Denver, and Austin are big targets for tech refugees. On the bright side, the value of your home should skyrocket in the coming years.

Reactions: anon_xwhflco81xrbt
Yep - Boise, Denver, and Austin are big targets for tech refugees. On the bright side, the value of your home should skyrocket in the coming years.

That's not really a good thing. Pricing out normal working people is not something I want to happen.

Something i am learning and coming to grips with is the left and the right are losing a common bond. It's no longer just a difference of opinion but were are still Americans...now each side sees the other as a threat to America. Eventually...maybe 10, 25, 50 years from now or sooner this will regretfully boil over. I see this happening in Idaho.

Idaho is nearly a perfect place, best state I have ever lived in and it's not even close. Its American, it's free and beautiful. People of all colors flourish here. These Californians are coming here and trying to make it a devisive, restrictive, shithole like California. Its causing conflict and outright hostility. It's going to have a tipping point eventually.

There is even a real movement ( that wont happen) that citizens of Oregon, Washington and Nevada want to succeed from those states and join Idaho. Because the people in the rural parts of those states aren't represented by the crazies in the population centers.

Last edited:
Reactions: utatem and Raoul2
That's not really a good thing. Pricing out normal working people is not something I want to happen.

Something i am learning and coming to grips with is the left and the right are losing a common bond. It's no longer just a difference of opinion but were are still Americans...now each side sees the other as a threat to America. Eventually...maybe 10, 25, 50 years from now or sooner this will regretfully boil over. I see this happening in Idaho.

Idaho is nearly a perfect place, best state I have ever lived in and it's not even close. Its American, it's free and beautiful. People of all colors flourish here. These Californians are coming here and trying to make it a devisive, restrictive, shithole like California. Its causing conflict and outright hostility. It's going to have a tipping point eventually.

What I like about Idaho is that its probably one of the only states where you can hunt for Moose, Elk, Deer, and also fish for Salmon and Rainbow trout.

Reactions: MungoGungo
What I like about Idaho is that its probably one of the only states where you can hunt for Moose, Elk, Deer, and also fish for Salmon and Rainbow trout.

You arent lying. I feel like Idaho is the best kept secret in the country.

What is happening is tech silicon valley workers are going across the borders of Idaho and Nevada. They get a HUGE home for a fraction of the cost and they are working from home plus saving on California income tax. When they have to go into the office they simply drive a few hours but with Covid those days are few.

Raoul a million $ in silicon valley gets you a closet.

What is happening is tech silicon valley workers are going across the borders of Idaho and Nevada. They get a HUGE home for a fraction of the cost and they are working from home plus saving on California income tax. When they have to go into the office they simply drive a few hours but with Covid those days are few.

They are also getting paid less if they leave California, which is fine since the other states are about 60-70% cheaper to buy a house in.

Nothing normal about losing population because of the dumb-ass policy's.. Not to mention tax revenue...

Blue states only.. !!! Idiots..!!!

Reactions: Allied2651
Can you make out the headlines it pretty much sums up what I posted.

I would line to read it in its entirety before I commented on it. But I still stand by what I said. Big tech will never fully leave California.

Nothing normal about losing population because of the dumb-ass policy's.. Not to mention tax revenue...

Blue states only.. !!! Idiots..!!!
I’ll cede to your knowledge of migration in America. I’m certain you’re versed on The Great Migration, White Flight and General intra migratory patterns. My bad.

I would line to read it in its entirety before I commented on it. But I still stand by what I said. Big tech will never fully leave California.
Big Tech like any successful business will go where they can create the greatest margins. Its not about being married to anything. Where ever you make the most money you go.

Reactions: HJCane
Fully is a strong word

All the VC money is the bay area, so the businesses will never leave since they benefit with meeting face to face with funding sources. The employees of established big companies on the other hand, could partially disperse to different states if company policies allow it.

Big Tech like any successful business will go where they can create the greatest margins. Its not about being married to anything. Where ever you make the most money you go.

Some people will move because it makes sense financially but Big tech will never fully leave California. They've pretty much molded and shaped that state.

All the VC money is the bay area, so the businesses will never leave since they benefit with meeting face to face with funding sources. The employees of established big companies on the other hand, could partially disperse to different states if company policies allow it.
Not true. Everyone travels, margins count. There is money everywhere.

Not true. Everyone travels, margins count. There is money everywhere.

Only up to a point. The infrastructure and people will always remain in the area. Same applies to the film industry in SoCal. Films can be made anywhere in the world but the people, infrastructure, and talent base will always remain in LA. Silicon Valley is no different.

Ok that's dumb. VC money goes all over the world. No one is saying Silicon Valley is going to die but the numbers support my assertion that companies and people are fleeing California an NY due to FAILED liberal policies like high taxes, threat of wealth tax, high living costs such as housing and other factors.

Ok that's dumb. VC money goes all over the world. No one is saying Silicon Valley is going to die but the numbers support my assertion that companies and people are fleeing California an NY due to FAILED liberal policies like high taxes, threat of wealth tax, high living costs such as housing and other factors.

A majority of those who invest in tech companies are based in around the bay area, so it stands to reason that they would want to meet face to face with people interested in forming start ups.

Also, the so called "high taxes" are considered wealthy people paying their fair share to most normal people not brainwashed by the propaganda that the wealthy actually earn their own money.

Nope I don't agree. Stop turning everything into liberal and conservative wars. It's just business evolving. But big tech will never abandon California fully. Just like the film industry won't. We do a fair clip here in GA but California will be #1 for years to come and if and when it changes they will still be a major player. People like familiarity.

Reactions: Raoul2
Nope I don't agree. Stop turning everything into liberal and conservative wars. It's just business evolving. But big tech will never abandon California fully. Just like the film industry won't. We do a fair clip here in GA but California will be #1 for years to come and if and when it changes they will still be a major player. People like familiarity.

This. Literally the entire infrastructure of both the film and tech industries is based on LA and the SF area. These people seem to think that moving an entire industry is as easy as Jed Clampett loading up the truck and driving cross country.

This. Literally the entire infrastructure of both the film and tech industries is based on LA and the SF area. These people seem to think that moving an entire industry is as easy as Jed Clampett loading up the truck and driving cross country.

There's games being played we can't even imagine. Tech is to Silicon valley as Film is to California as Gambling is to Vegas. Some things never change.

A majority of those who invest in tech companies are based in around the bay area, so it stands to reason that they would want to meet face to face with people interested in forming start ups.

Also, the so called "high taxes" are considered wealthy people paying their fair share to most normal people not brainwashed by the propaganda that the wealthy actually earn their own money.
Again, your making a big deal about being local. It doesn't matter. People travel to far and away destinations like it's a walk around the block.
Most businesses funded by some form of Private Equity will not be located in the funding sources back yard. Just look on line at a PE firms current investments and realized investments and you will see where these companies are located. In some cases none are located where they are. It doesn't matter...

Lets have this discussion in 4 years

I'm sure Silicon Valley and Hollywood will have been long abandoned by then, with all the workers dispersed to rural Montana, North Dakota, and West Texas - so that a few posters can triumphantly brag about how they owned the Canesport libs.

I'm sure Silicon Valley and Hollywood will have been long abandoned by then, with all the workers dispersed to rural Montana, North Dakota, and West Texas - so that a few posters can triumphantly brag about how they owned the Canesport libs.

Crazy how delusional some are.

Reactions: Raoul2
No, just expressing a fact. There are about three thousand funded PE firms of any size in the U.S. To prove my point , go on line , find a few and look at where the companies they own are located. BTW, I could give two sh-ts about misguided Canesport Democratic Libs. All I am stating are the facts.

No, just expressing a fact. There are about three thousand funded PE firms of any size in the U.S. To prove my point , go on line , find a few and look at where the companies they own are located. BTW, I could give two sh-ts about misguided Canesport Democratic Libs. All I am stating are the facts.

But the people who run both industries continue to be based in California, and with a couple of exceptions, there's zero indication that they are going anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT