ADVERTISEMENT

Canada Medicare for all

hawkcanes

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2012
Canada has reported in 2017 nearly 64,000 people crossed into the US to get medical treatment due to the long waits to get to see a doctor
In 2018 the average wait time to see a doctor in Canada took 19.8 weeks.
Private health insurance is what keeps these hospitals running

Canada has reported in 2017 nearly 64,000 people crossed into the US to get medical treatment due to the long waits to get to see a doctor
The liberals on here will say yeah but.............and then they will say nothing.

I have a great friend that is Canadian. She hits it out of the park as she has used both systems...and says Canada is far from the perfect universal system. This is why Americans are always trying to use the example. Finland is much better. Use Finland as the example. US is better than it was before Obama where had become unaffordable for most.

You aren't going from unaffordable to perfect. It's essentially stupid to believe you would with a trillion dollar industry.

Reactions: Strack_Cane
I have a great friend that is Canadian. She hits it out of the park as she has used both systems...and says Canada is far from the perfect universal system. This is why Americans are always trying to use the example. Finland is much better. Use Finland as the example. US is better than it was before Obama where had become unaffordable for most.

You aren't going from unaffordable to perfect. It's essentially stupid to believe you would with a trillion dollar industry.
CD you have to stop, read, learn, educate yourself. Finland just went bankrupt because of it's health care system forcing the government to resign. Stop with the nonsense talking points bongo.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47496326

The other fact that CD refuses to acknowledge or is too stupid to realize is that the Nordic countries have extremely high tax rates and allow no immigration. A small population isolates itself and agrees to pool all of their resources. You can not have open borders and single payer. It is simply impossible.

The other fact that CD refuses to acknowledge or is too stupid to realize is that the Nordic countries have extremely high tax rates and allow no immigration. A small population isolates itself and agrees to pool all of their resources. You can not have open borders and single payer. It is simply impossible.

No doubt the latter for him. We also can’t do it because we have 330 million people. Simply can’t scale it at our population level, even in the most idealistic scenario. Classic libtard theory v. actual reality.

The irony here is that the Government of Finland was trying to introduce a Private Sector choice!!

Reactions: grbcane

Do you have rocks in your mouth?

64k is nothing when you compare it to the 1.4 million Americans who leave the country to get healthcare elsewhere because healthcare costs in the US are out of control.

I recently drove a friend to a doctor's appointment during a recent visit to Toronto and it was flawless. You walk in the clinic, show your Social Insurance Card (their version of a social security card), get your treatment and leave. No money is exchanged at the point of service. The only thing they pay for up there is dental through insurance and a small fee if you get a prescription.

The Bernie Sanders Medicare for all plan is actually more comprehensive than what they have in Canada since it would cover Dental and negotiate cheap prescriptions. People would no longer pay premiums, deductibles, copays or any of other unnecessary middle man stuff Americans get shafted with in the present. More importantly there would no longer be a concept call medical bankruptcy in America. Not a bad deal at all.

CD you have to stop, read, learn, educate yourself. Finland just went bankrupt because of it's health care system forcing the government to resign. Stop with the nonsense talking points bongo.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47496326
Findlind is the best universal healthcare system in the world. Your article refers to failure of an administrator to achieve key policy goals. Therefore resigned. These are two completely separate issues.

Findlind is the best universal healthcare system in the world. Your article refers to failure of an administrator to achieve key policy goals. Therefore resigned. These are two completely separate issues.
Finland has the population of South Carolina....5 million + ...not a good example...for 330 million....not even close..Canada has 37 million not 330 million....it would be a cluster f*ck of biblical proportion.....people would be dying waiting to see a doctor ...WON"T WORK , NOT EVEN TALKING ABOUT THE COST., DEMOLISHING THE ECONOMY...GALACTICALLY STUPID IDEA...no offense, just sayin :)

Reactions: grbcane and utatem
There are a lot of good universal healthcare systems out there. In fact just about every civilized country has some form of universal healthcare.

Finland has the population of South Carolina....5 million + ...not a good example...for 330 million....not even close..Canada has 37 million not 330 million....it would be a cluster f*ck of biblical proportion.....people would be dying waiting to see a doctor ...WON"T WORK , NOT EVEN TALKING ABOUT THE COST., DEMOLISHING THE ECONOMY...GALACTICALLY STUPID IDEA...no offense, just sayin :)

You conveniently omitted the fact that our GDP and wealth is 75 times that of Finland, so the "It wont work here because we have too many people" argument doesn't work.

There are a lot of good universal healthcare systems out there. In fact just about every civilized country has some form of universal healthcare.
Hear ya CD...US is just TOO big my man...look at the VA ...getting better but still horrible , there are 18 million veterans in the US, only 9 million enrolled in the VA healthcare system.. , my father is one, WWII veteran so i know...That almost double the population of Finland...the numbers are just too much to be close to be efficient..

Hear ya CD...US is just TOO big my man...look at the VA ...getting better but still horrible , there are 18 million veterans in the US, only 9 million enrolled in the VA healthcare system.. , my father is one, WWII veteran so i know...That almost double the population of Finland...the numbers are just too much to be close to be efficient..
lol....Man let me tell you guys something. China has 6 BILLION people with a "B" and 95 percent of their citizens are covered with some form of basic healthcare through both private and public solutions.

We can't just sit around and do nothing and let people die just because we don't want to tax people. That is not just crazy...it's immoral.

You conveniently omitted the fact that our GDP and wealth is 75 times that of Finland, so the "It wont work here because we have too many people" argument doesn't work.
LOL...right...our debt is 184 times theirs ...119 billion vs 22 trillion .and this idea will only move our debt up 33 trillion (an that is conservatively) over 10 years, but who's counting....and that doesn't work..as i said..TOO BIG!

Yeah, the more people that means more taxes and more money. This is the same thing I have said about providing a ladder for illegal immigrants. Make them a integral part of society and help us pay off our debts. This is simple economics.

LOL...right...our debt is 184 times theirs ...119 billion vs 22 trillion .and this idea will only move our debt up 33 trillion (an that is conservatively) over 10 years, but who's counting....and that doesn't work..as i said..TOO BIG!

Glad you brought up debt since switching to Medicare for all would save the country $2trillion over ten years. That's according to a Koch Brothers funded study

https://www.businessinsider.com/bernie-sanders-medicare-for-all-plan-cost-save-money-2018-7

Glad you brought up debt since switching to Medicare for all would save the country $2trillion over ten years. That's according to a Koch Brothers funded study

https://www.businessinsider.com/bernie-sanders-medicare-for-all-plan-cost-save-money-2018-7

3531654.gif

Liberals... Just GIVING IT AWAY like the clowns they are... FREE!!!

tenor.gif

I have seen this article before.

It seems like it is a trick of words.

No saying it will not save individuals money, but the cost for the government will go up.

It will save both individuals and the government money since the current system is incredibly wasteful. We spend over $10k a head in this country to only offer a fraction of the people healthcare. That's twice the global average among developed countries for a broken system. We need to get our cost per head down to the $4k per head range which is why a medicare for all style program would be infinitely better than what we have now. Most countries have some form of it and spend significantly less per person on healthcare than we do, all the while actually covering all citizens.

b8np5Zy.png

Finland’s healthcare is collapsing you dope. Freaking google it you mindless jellyfish

Reactions: utatem
It will save both individuals and the government money since the current system is incredibly wasteful. We spend over $10k a head in this country to only offer a fraction of the people healthcare. That's twice the global average among developed countries for a broken system. We need to get our cost per head down to the $4k per head range which is why a medicare for all style program would be infinitely better than what we have now. Most countries have some form of it and spend significantly less per person on healthcare than we do, all the while actually covering all citizens.

b8np5Zy.png

Does this chart include things like research for cures?

How about money spent on new hospitals?

I had to go to the VA in downtown Baltimore after the military while in college since I didn’t have medical insurance.. horrible. I got a job after graduating and have private health insurance. It used to be.. go to college, get a good job to live a life, pay for your medical expenses, and save for retirement. Now it’s... get free medical and free school, no need to work for it.

Reactions: jpboca
Yeah, the more people that means more taxes and more money. This is the same thing I have said about providing a ladder for illegal immigrants. Make them a integral part of society and help us pay off our debts. This is simple economics.
Let’s provide a ladder for legal immigrants first, not law breakers. Notice how this time you conveniently included “illegal” in your comment, when you typically leave it out.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT