ADVERTISEMENT

Corona Hoax Continues To Crumble

Don’t see the similarities. Is Obama black, yes. Does Trump go after him, yes. Does Trump go after him because he is black, clearly some people believe so. I do not. Trump goes after everyone he disagrees with (which is a lot) white, black, brown, yellow.

The lady clearly was going after the bird watcher because he was black.

that’s where you’re wrong. She wasn’t going after him bc he was black she went after him bc he called her out bc she was doing something that she wasn’t allowed to do and she got upset bc she feels she has the right to do whatever the hell she wants. And she used his blackness as a weapon against him. Knowing full well that calling the cops and making it sound like a black man was threatening her life would be harmful to him.

it’s nothing new, emmet till was lynched many years ago for the same thing. White woman tells cops black kid did something to her that never happened (she said he whistled at her at a grocery store) and they lynched him. In the last few years of her life recently that woman said she lied about the whole thing. Imagine that, the power that your words could when used on a black man. The woman in Central Park was just yielding that same weapon.

Honey drinks morning, noon and night...Not sure what he does for a living but his Drinking must impact his job..Has to..

If you believe everything you read you and the tooth fairy must be really good friends.

The settlers were unfortunately attacked because the US govt violated land treaties. Newly arrived settlers didnt know that treaties were violated. What else are the Indians supposed to do? They are protecting their home. When their land was illegally taken from them and settlers moved in, the buffalo was driven away from the hunting grounds. The buffalo was a source of survival for the Lakota and all plains Indians. Food, clothing , tools.

Wow .. taking a very significant period of complex territorial expansion into a simplistic comment. The issue of treaties and the buffalo kill came at the very tail end of the Native American population decline .. it really is an incredible history to read.

The estimated population "at contact" (meaning 1492 when Columbus 'supposedly' discovered the new world and exploration of the continent was initiated) ranged from 10 million to 20 million Native Americans. By 1650 that population had declined to "under 6 million" as a result of smallpox, measles, and flue epidemics. By 1800 the population had declined to an estimated 600,000 Native Americans ... over 90% population decline primarily due to diseases (many associated with the arrival of Europeans). By 1860 .. when the 'Western Expansion" was seriously underway .. impacting the Comanche Territories (West Texas to Oklahoma) and the Northern Plains Indians .. the population had declined to 339,000 .. again .. primarily due to disease epidemics.

As far as Indian treaties .. nobody abided by the treaties .. White man or Native American. In 1860 there was a situation in which just over 300,000 Native Americans were roaming over a territory that covered what is now North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Kansas, Nebraska, Idaho, Iowa, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and West Texas. That is a land area of 913 million acres with a Native American population of 300,000 made up of a dozen different tribes. A key reason that no treaties were ever abided by was that the Native American tribes generally DID NOT HAVE a single leader that spoke for all. The most fierce warriors .. the Comanches .. were made up of at least 6 different "groups". Some wanted peace .. signed a "treaty" .. but Quanah Parker .. the fiercest chief / warrior continued to fight and slaughter (butcher .. literally .. and roast alive) white settlers who thought THEY were protected by a treaty.

The biggest issue with the "Indian War" period .. was that policy was set in Washington by people who really didn't know anything about the reality on the ground on "The Western Frontier" .. and they wouldn't delegate to the men on the ground who actually worked with the Indian Chiefs and knew how to work with them. (Really interesting book is Empire of the Summer Moon .. Rise and Fall of the Comanches by S.C. Gwynne).

Have a great 4th of July!

The settlers were unfortunately attacked because the US govt violated land treaties. Newly arrived settlers didnt know that treaties were violated. What else are the Indians supposed to do? They are protecting their home. When their land was illegally taken from them and settlers moved in, the buffalo was driven away from the hunting grounds. The buffalo was a source of survival for the Lakota and all plains Indians. Food, clothing , tools.
So you would be okay with America butchering the illegal immigrants that pass through our borders? These people come in and take our jobs and resources which affects our ability to buy food, clothing, and tools. Those jobs and resources were once a source of survival to us.

it is. But we were talking about white supremacy. There’s no black group that rivals the KKK. To be a racist you also have to believe that you’re better than that other race. The fact that the KKK still exist today is crazy to me.

the black panthers created a group of armed black men for self defense in response to the violence that was being perpetrated towards blacks In the 60s and the FBI did its damnest to destroy it. They didn’t bomb any churches or mutilate and torture whites. Today, white people carry long guns to intimidate folks, imagine a group of black men today walking down the street of your state capital with long guns. How do you think that would go over? Yet one was forcibly destroyed by the government and the other has survived for 150 years and counting.

and the president wants to designate BLM as a terrorist group. Nothing about the klan....
Where we disagree is that to be a racist to me is that you simply hate someone and/or treat them badly just for the color of their skin. People carry guns to exercise their constitutional rights to do so just like protesters are using their rights. I don't recall any of the citizens that were carrying long rifles killing anyone. They were peaceful and once again, just exercising their 2nd amendment rights. The KKK should have been declared a terrorist group a long time ago even though they have become a somewhat neutered organization now days.

Where we disagree is that to be a racist to me is that you simply hate someone and/or treat them badly just for the color of their skin. People carry guns to exercise their constitutional rights to do so just like protesters are using their rights. I don't recall any of the citizens that were carrying long rifles killing anyone. They were peaceful and once again, just exercising their 2nd amendment rights. The KKK should have been declared a terrorist group a long time ago even though they have become a somewhat neutered organization now days.

im going by the dictionary definition of racism. The black panthers didn’t murder anyone in the streets as a practice. They too carried weapons. But like I said they were dismantled bc they were viewed as a threat. Google some pictures of the black panthers. They too were exercising their 2nd amendment rights....

the KKK hasn’t been neutered. People still pay dues and go to meetings. They just Operate in the shadows, which is actually worst. Smile to my face and stab me in the back. I rather see the threat coming.

that’s where you’re wrong. She wasn’t going after him bc he was black she went after him bc he called her out bc she was doing something that she wasn’t allowed to do and she got upset bc she feels she has the right to do whatever the hell she wants. And she used his blackness as a weapon against him. Knowing full well that calling the cops and making it sound like a black man was threatening her life would be harmful to him.

it’s nothing new, emmet till was lynched many years ago for the same thing. White woman tells cops black kid did something to her that never happened (she said he whistled at her at a grocery store) and they lynched him. In the last few years of her life recently that woman said she lied about the whole thing. Imagine that, the power that your words could when used on a black man. The woman in Central Park was just yielding that same weapon.
Al Sharpton and Tawana Brawley know a thing or two about falsely accusing those of a different race of horrible crimes. Looks like the power of words can be used against more than just blacks. How many policemen have been falsely accused of racism for simply pulling over someone for breaking the law? Jussie Smollett's costar on Empire, Taraji P Henson, claimed racial profiling when officers pulled her son over and was later forced to apologize.

im going by the dictionary definition of racism. The black panthers didn’t murder anyone in the streets as a practice. They too carried weapons. But like I said they were dismantled bc they were viewed as a threat. Google some pictures of the black panthers. They too were exercising their 2nd amendment rights....

the KKK hasn’t been neutered. People still pay dues and go to meetings. They just Operate in the shadows, which is actually worst. Smile to my face and stab me in the back. I rather see the threat coming.
Look, I would have no problem if the KKK no longer existed but to say that they haven't been watered down over the years is not accurate. People paying dues and going to meetings is a far cry from when they simply ran roughshod over many black communities in their heyday. That doesn't change the fact that I feel they should go the way of the dinosaurs and go extinct already.

Al Sharpton and Tawana Brawley know a thing or two about falsely accusing those of a different race of horrible crimes. Looks like the power of words can be used against more than just blacks. How many policemen have been falsely accused of racism for simply pulling over someone for breaking the law? Jussie Smollett's costar on Empire, Taraji P Henson, claimed racial profiling when officers pulled her son over and was later forced to apologize.

false accusations are never good. They don’t help the movement and it also gives people something to point to as a counterpoint as if it was rampant. Like false rape allegations. They happen however as a society we understand that rape is still real and can occur to the vulnerable people in our society and we do what we have to to protect them to the best of our abilities. We don’t ignore the problem or find specific examples onto why we shouldn’t concern ourselves to what we know to be a problem that usually affects one group more than another.

Look, I would have no problem if the KKK no longer existed but to say that they haven't been watered down over the years is not accurate. People paying dues and going to meetings is a far cry from when they simply ran roughshod over many black communities in their heyday. That doesn't change the fact that I feel they should go the way of the dinosaurs and go extinct already.

well no they can’t do that anymore. Especially now that hate crime laws have been passed. (There was a reason they needed to be passed) but Florida has 67 active whites supremacist groups according to the ADL. These pillaging can’t occur anymore bc they don’t have the protection of the police and local officials any longer. The pillaging continues tho just occurs in the system. Mass incarceration, housing, education, on and on and on

false accusations are never good. They don’t help the movement and it also gives people something to point to as a counterpoint as if it was rampant. Like false rape allegations. They happen however as a society we understand that rape is still real and can occur to the vulnerable people in our society and we do what we have to to protect them to the best of our abilities. We don’t ignore the problem or find specific examples onto why we shouldn’t concern ourselves to what we know to be a problem that usually affects one group more than another.
The false accusations end up being like the boy who cried wolf, after a while people stop believing when these incidents happen for real.

well no they can’t do that anymore. Especially now that hate crime laws have been passed. (There was a reason they needed to be passed) but Florida has 67 active whites supremacist groups according to the ADL. These pillaging can’t occur anymore bc they don’t have the protection of the police and local officials any longer. The pillaging continues tho just occurs in the system. Mass incarceration, housing, education, on and on and on
You sure won't find me defending any of those 67 groups that you're talking about. Any group that promotes hatred, hurting innocent people or exalts themselves above others should not be allowed. Unfortunately that is just my opinion and no one in power listens to a thing I say.

You sure won't find me defending any of those 67 groups that you're talking about. Any group that promotes hatred, hurting innocent people or exalts themselves above others should not be allowed. Unfortunately that is just my opinion and no one in power listens to a thing I say.

but here’s the thing tho... you can! Speak up when you see injustice. Check your friends when they say something out of line. Educate yourself and teach others around you. That’s how we can make Change. If we all held the ones around us accountable we would be a better nation for it!

So you would be okay with America butchering the illegal immigrants that pass through our borders? These people come in and take our jobs and resources which affects our ability to buy food, clothing, and tools. Those jobs and resources were once a source of survival to us.
Nope, Im not okay with that. They have the right to seek asylum. They are being butchered at the detention centers by not being provided the necessary items to protect themselves from COVID-19. No hand sanitizers, no masks, no disinfecting wipes, no daily temperature checks, etc.,
As far as jobs go, they take jobs Americans dont want; dishwashers, janitors, garbage collectors. As farm laborers, after each harvest they move on to the next crop. How many Americans eagerly await to work in the fields? They wont work in the fields rain or shine.
A concern should be are these workers getting their temperatures checked daily and provided with proper face coverings and all pertinent measures of protection.

Nope, Im not okay with that. They have the right to seek asylum. They are being butchered at the detention centers by not being provided the necessary items to protect themselves from COVID-19. No hand sanitizers, no masks, no disinfecting wipes, no daily temperature checks, etc.,
As far as jobs go, they take jobs Americans dont want; dishwashers, janitors, garbage collectors. As farm laborers, after each harvest they move on to the next crop. How many Americans eagerly await to work in the fields? They wont work in the fields rain or shine.
A concern should be are these workers getting their temperatures checked daily and provided with proper face coverings and all pertinent measures of protection.
That is not true. Americans don't want those jobs now that the illegals have driven down the wages for them. I owned a roofing company in S. Fla. Our starting pay was $10 per hour and it was mostly rednecks and blacks that did roofing at that time. In the late 80's roofers started hiring more and more immigrants to do the work and starting wages went to $5 and $6 dollars per hour, and much of it was paid under the table. We refused to pay our workers less money and lost many jobs because we couldn't match prices of those that were paying so much less for such a hard job. Most of the whites and blacks that had been doing roofing for so many years were suddenly left to find different lines of work, and for many, their education levels did not help in their search.

Reactions: GLFSTRM
Everything in this post is inaccurate, everything

Reactions: 801canesmxer
That is not true. Americans don't want those jobs now that the illegals have driven down the wages for them. I owned a roofing company in S. Fla. Our starting pay was $10 per hour and it was mostly rednecks and blacks that did roofing at that time. In the late 80's roofers started hiring more and more immigrants to do the work and starting wages went to $5 and $6 dollars per hour, and much of it was paid under the table. We refused to pay our workers less money and lost many jobs because we couldn't match prices of those that were paying so much less for such a hard job. Most of the whites and blacks that had been doing roofing for so many years were suddenly left to find different lines of work, and for many, their education levels did not help in their search.
Exactly right, and it affected all aspects of construction and landscaping

Everything in this post is inaccurate, everything
Gulf, how much would we be paying for produce at the super market if it were not for migrant workers???
A heck of a lot more if Americans were doing the picking. No American citizen, 2nd, third generation & over would work for the wages being paid to migrant workers. The farmers would have a hard time making ends meet and or their crops would be rotting in the fields. trade and commerce of farm products come to a standstill

Just another lie that gets told enough times for the gullible to believe it.
It's amazing. Having grown up in Homestead the difference between seasonal workers and permanent aliens is obvious, one group leaves and the other stays, forever. Also, my first college job at Calico Jack's was as dishwasher, lol. Pineapple is absolutely clueless.

Gulf, how much would we be paying for produce at the super market if it were not for migrant workers???
A heck of a lot more if Americans were doing the picking. No American citizen, 2nd, third generation & over would work for the wages being paid to migrant workers. The farmers would have a hard time making ends meet and or their crops would be rotting in the fields. trade and commerce of farm products come to a standstill
Seasonal workers bud, seasonal workers

LeBron's fancy shoes are made for slave wages in China but for some reason they are allowed to charge whatever they want for them and people pay the price no matter how much it is. Wouldn't it be nice if farmers and ranchers could just get a fair price for their product?

It's amazing. Having grown up in Homestead the difference between seasonal workers and permanent aliens is obvious, one group leaves and the other stays, forever. Also, my first college job at Calico Jack's was as dishwasher, lol. Pineapple is absolutely clueless.
Our kids are suffering the most from it. Most of those entry level jobs that we had when we were young are no longer available due to the sheer numbers of immigrants that are taking those jobs now.

Our kids are suffering the most from it. Most of those entry level jobs that we had when we were young are no longer available due to the sheer numbers of immigrants that are taking those jobs now.
Having cash when your 16, 17 years old was awesome. My best friend and I had a lawn service my junior and senior year, felt good having something to look forward to, plus it kept me out of trouble.

Having cash when your 16, 17 years old was awesome. My best friend and I had a lawn service my junior and senior year, felt good having something to look forward to, plus it kept me out of trouble.
I was mowing neighbor's lawns by 9 years old for 2 and 3 dollars depending on how big the yard was and how long the grass was. Picking weeds for them was another way to make some money. By 12 I had a paper route for the Hollywood Sun Tattler and I started working summers at the place in Miami that my dad worked at the next year. I think I had more cash back then than I do now.

Reactions: GLFSTRM
it is. But we were talking about white supremacy. There’s no black group that rivals the KKK. To be a racist you also have to believe that you’re better than that other race. The fact that the KKK still exist today is crazy to me.

the black panthers created a group of armed black men for self defense in response to the violence that was being perpetrated towards blacks In the 60s and the FBI did its damnest to destroy it. They didn’t bomb any churches or mutilate and torture whites. Today, white people carry long guns to intimidate folks, imagine a group of black men today walking down the street of your state capital with long guns. How do you think that would go over? Yet one was forcibly destroyed by the government and the other has survived for 150 years and counting.

and the president wants to designate BLM as a terrorist group. Nothing about the klan....
The fact that BLM exists to me is offensive. They want to kill cops.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT