ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis signs financial literacy bill for Fla HS students

central17

SuperCane
Jan 31, 2005
OMG, the worlds most horrible person Ron DeSantis now expects Florida HS students to be taught how to balance a checkbook, fill out a loan application, pay income taxes, review property tax assessments, learn about interest and other basic financial life skills. This could cut into time spent on gender change and January 6th studies. There has to be something racist, sexist or homophobic in this bill. Please Cortez, cems, CD, Hawaiian, Mikey, Raoul and Wakelaw, help us find the evil of this.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/23/flo...icially the largest,and Senate in early March.

Stacey Abrams should support this bill. The Yale educated had huge debts before her gubernatorial run. Abrams owes back taxes in the amount of $40,201 for 2015 and $13,851 for 2016. In a Yahoo Finance exclusive interview, Abrams acknowledged she was supposed to pay quarterly taxes on self-employment income over the course of the year, but other priorities interfered. Abrams owes $77,522 in credit card debt, spread over nine accounts. That’s five times the national average household balance of $15,432. She has said no one had ever taught her to balance a checkbook. Yet She thinks She is best qualified to run the state of Georgia

Stacey Abrams should support this bill. The Yale educated had huge debts before her gubernatorial run. Abrams owes back taxes in the amount of $40,201 for 2015 and $13,851 for 2016. In a Yahoo Finance exclusive interview, Abrams acknowledged she was supposed to pay quarterly taxes on self-employment income over the course of the year, but other priorities interfered. Abrams owes $77,522 in credit card debt, spread over nine accounts. That’s five times the national average household balance of $15,432. She has said no one had ever taught her to balance a checkbook. Yet She thinks She is best qualified to run the state of Georgia
Well if Trump can file for bankruptcy.....what 6 times, and still become President and run the country, is there a problem?? At least she's making an effort to pay what she owes.....unlike Trump.

OMG, the worlds most horrible person Ron DeSantis now expects Florida HS students to be taught how to balance a checkbook, fill out a loan application, pay income taxes, review property tax assessments, learn about interest and other basic financial life skills. This could cut into time spent on gender change and January 6th studies. There has to be something racist, sexist or homophobic in this bill. Please Cortez, cems, CD, Hawaiian, Mikey, Raoul and Wakelaw, help us find the evil of this.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/23/florida-becomes-largest-state-to-mandate-personal-finance-education-.html#:~:text=Florida is officially the largest,and Senate in early March.
That's awesome....but what up with this removing math books craziness?? Can anyone shed some light on this, I haven't been following the details on it.

Well if Trump can file for bankruptcy.....what 6 times, and still become President and run the country, is there a problem?? At least she's making an effort to pay what she owes.....unlike Trump.

Show me where Trump claimed he was never taught to balance a checkbook. Think the Bankruptcy Courts and process is very complicated how you compare the two as to ability to know finance says a lot about you also.

Show me where Trump claimed he was never taught to balance a checkbook. Think the Bankruptcy Courts and process is very complicated how you compare the two as to ability to know finance says a lot about you also.
Haha...spoken like a true Trumpet.....LOL
You guys crack me up with your Trumpisms.....6 Bankruptcies but it's "complicated". LOL, can't make this shyt up.

Last edited:
Please these people are petty and weaponize politics where it doesn't belong. Trump started it. It is something that is disgusting especially what he has done to Disney and that is gonna come back and bite him in the ass.

YOU ARE SO IGNORANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha...spoken like a true Trumpet.....LOL
You guys crack me up with your Trumpisms.....6 Bankruptcies but it's "complicated". LOL, can't make this shyt up.

Yale law school graduate blaming the education system for her inability to balance a checkbook, laughable. That’s why I posted she should support this bill.

Reactions: 6882 and central17
That's awesome....but what up with this removing math books craziness?? Can anyone shed some light on this, I haven't been following the details on it.
Re: the math books, I too have wondered what were the details. I saw a response on another Rivals board. I have no idea if it is true and do not personally stand by or endorse it as true. It is just the most detailed answer I have seen.
***************************************************************************************************************************
One math problem shows two graphs. The title of one is “Measuring Racial Prejudice, by Age” and the title of another is “Measuring Racial Prejudice, by Political Identification.”

Florida Department of Education
Another math problem from a rejected book presents two algebra equations. The word problem begins “What? Me? Racist? More than 2 million people have tested their racial prejudice using an online version of the Implicit Association Test.” The problem asks students to solve for S, which represents the score on the Implicit Association Test.

Florida Department of Education
Another rejected book portion lists a lesson objective as: “Students build proficiency with social awareness as they practice with empathizing with classmates.” Another rejected portion mentions focusing on “students’ social and emotional learning.”

The department said last week that 28 of the books were rejected specifically because they “incorporate prohibited topics or unsolicited strategies, including CRT.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT