ADVERTISEMENT

F Valentine’s Day.

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
Made for suckers and loners and spenders...

Heath Ledger, RIP, said it best:

“Everyone you meet always asks you whether you either have a career, are married, or have a house... Like life is some sort of grocery list. But nobody ever asks whether you are happy...”

You damn effing right.

I’ll take The U, good health, an aspiring career. Too many people get caught up in Hallmark Holidays designed to screw and manipulate people.

“The happiest two days of a man’s life are the day of his wedding and the day of gis divorce.” - advarkas

Real talk tonight.

To each his own my man. I'm glad that you found what works for you. As for myself, me and that sweet girl that I met and fell in love with 37 years ago just got back from a nice romantic dinner, and yes I bought her flowers and a card. For some of us we sometimes forget to tell our significant others how much we love them at times and this day gives us a chance to do so. As an added bonus, it makes them a lot more understanding when football season comes and you need to get out of that dinner with her family while there is a Canes game on.

AJ, you're an Alpha , and not a sheep , like so many... that's why you'll always be good , through ups and down. Good shit.

Reactions: PalmaBoy

“Everyone you meet always asks you whether you either have a career, are married, or have a house... Like life is some sort of grocery list. But nobody ever asks whether you are happy...”

You damn effing right.

I’ll take The U, good health, an aspiring career. Too many people get caught up in Hallmark Holidays designed to screw and manipulate people.

“The happiest two days of a man’s life are the day of his wedding and the day of gis divorce.” - advarkas

Real talk tonight.
Sounds like you’re lonely and bitter. Might I suggest a toothless Rerun bobblehead?

The biggest fraud holidays are nye and st patty's day. When all the ppl that shouldn't drink, drink in unison and make all the ppl that regulary enjoy a cocktail responsibly look bad. Why do they do this? Because they literaly need an excuse to drink and just have that heard mentality. At least vday has a meaning, albeit manufactured. Wtf are you celebrating on nye and st pattys day?

The biggest fraud holidays are nye and st patty's day. When all the ppl that shouldn't drink, drink in unison and make all the ppl that regulary enjoy a cocktail responsibly look bad. Why do they do this? Because they literaly need an excuse to drink and just have that heard mentality. At least vday has a meaning, albeit manufactured. Wtf are you celebrating on nye and st pattys day?
Sounds like you don’t have many friends. St. Patrick’s Day is an excuse to leave work early and hang with friends. We all drink regularly, but work our asses off and don’t have many excuses to leave work early to drink.

Sounds like you don’t have many friends. St. Patrick’s Day is an excuse to leave work early and hang with friends. We all drink regularly, but work our asses off and don’t have many excuses to leave work early to drink.

What job do you have where you work your ass off for yet let's you leave work early for st patty's day? As far as friends, I have what you would think is a lot of but at the end of the day only about a dozen that I really care to hang with on a regular basis anymore, half of them family.

What job do you have where you work your ass off for yet let's you leave work early for st patty's day? As far as friends, I have what you would think is a lot of but at the end of the day only about a dozen that I really care to hang with on a regular basis anymore, half of them family.
High stress.

Reactions: canesfan470
High stress.
Lol, I'm in the hospitalty industry just getting off work replying to you and drinking bushmills just to take the edge off what really did turn out to be a very successfull albeit stressful night. So I hear you on that. Cheers, dig your posts and more power to you for enjoying st patty's day, working hard and go canes!

Reactions: BreakingCane
Lol, I'm in the hospitalty industry just getting off work replying to you and drinking bushmills just to take the edge off what really did turn out to be a very successfull albeit stressful night. So I hear you on that. Cheers, dig your posts and more power to you for enjoying st patty's day, working hard and go canes!
Your posts makes more sense now. I worked hospitality while in college so I see your point of view, just disagree about thenhesrd mentality. Those lightweights come in and drink all day, starting with Kegs and Eggs, then move on to their cheap beers passing out or vomiting by 3PM.

To each his own my man. I'm glad that you found what works for you. As for myself, me and that sweet girl that I met and fell in love with 37 years ago just got back from a nice romantic dinner, and yes I bought her flowers and a card. For some of us we sometimes forget to tell our significant others how much we love them at times and this day gives us a chance to do so. As an added bonus, it makes them a lot more understanding when football season comes and you need to get out of that dinner with her family while there is a Canes game on.
I kinda of agree...u should do that any day...not just on Feb 14.....that's how I see it

You damn effing right.

Real talk tonight.

Are You Happy ?

Ill take my wife and kids over "aspiring career" any day. This post reeks of loneliness.

I kinda of agree...u should do that any day...not just on Feb 14.....that's how I see it
I try my best to do that but there are times, especially when you've been together so long, that you fall into ruts or you both get so busy with life that time can pass by pretty quickly without really letting them know how you feel about each other.

Reactions: canesfan470
I try my best to do that but there are times, especially when you've been together so long, that you fall into ruts or you both get so busy with life that time can pass by pretty quickly without really letting them know how you feel about each other.
I got u wasn't really saying about u...I understand it...life gets busy..hope u and wife had a great day

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT