ADVERTISEMENT

Gary, In Re: Tropical Park

Neil 212

SuperCane
Dec 7, 2006
Gary, you like the idea of a stadium at Tropical Park. I do too, but I wonder if it is even possible. Are 50,000 seat stadiums ever built in middle income neighborhoods like that? I took a look at the immediate neighborhoods surrounding Tropical Park on a satellite map. I see swimming pools, not a sign of poverty. South of Miller, I see long, gated, driveways lined with Palm trees. I even see tennis courts. The people who lived near the Orange Bowl were happy to make $50 on Sundays by turning their front lawn into a parking lot. Miami Gardens is a low income city that is desperate for tax revenue. I just don't see the people who live near Tropical Park going along with a stadium that will bring 50,000 people driving through their neighborhood several times per year, bringing lots of noise and grinding traffic to a halt.

UPDATE: Now we see that even Gary, who has spent decades traveling all over the country to watch Hurricane football games, has never seen a stadium built in a neighborhood as economically prosperous as the area around Tropical Park. It looks like the only way a stadium gets built there is if the county commission suddenly commits mass political suicide because they think paving over Tropical Park will bring glory to Allah.

Last edited:
Reactions: oscarcosio
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News