ADVERTISEMENT

Going by the book.

sabrose

SuperCane
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2006
Mario had a big game to play and wanted to coach in the Pac 12 championship. He didnt want anything to interfere with it. People leaked things to stir the pot and confuse the situation. Until he actually signed the contract he was paid to continue his duties as Oregon head coach. I tend to believe Golden Brew that the contract is signed already.
Mario tends to be a rule stickler and values formality and convention. He doesn't want any announcement until his players hear it first. I expect that Diaz will be let go before a formal announcement perhaps combined with an AD hiring is announced. Its actually possible that Diaz has been notified already which is why he canceled his recruiting trip. One would have to expect that Mario doesn't want to prolong this as it is hurtful to Diaz who I am sure he respects as a fellow coach.
So if it all comes to fruition tomorrow it hasn't been a mess but a big success and there has been a formal order of things. As for Diaz he should realize that the U was prepared to have him come back as they valued him for the way his players finished the season ,but that Mario had more of a resume . I wouldn't take it as a form of abuse. Its simply business.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News