ADVERTISEMENT

HAHAHA-Biden now says ‘no federal solution’ to COVID crisis, would have given out tests ‘quicker’ if Omicron surge expected

doerunn

SuperCane
Jul 13, 2001
west central florida
Thought your hero biden had a covid plan to eliminate the virus!!!!

President Biden said Monday that he’d have “gone harder, quicker” to distribute COVID-19 tests if he’d known the Omicron variant was going to cause record-high rates of new infections — moments after telling a group of state governors that “there is no federal solution” to the crisis.

Early in the virtual meeting with members of the National Governors Association, Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson urged Biden to “not let federal solutions stand in the way of state solutions” and added that the president’s promise last week to make 500 million COVID tests available for direct order by Americans beginning next month was “great, but obviously, that dries up the supply chain for the solutions that we might offer.”

“Look, there is no federal solution,” the president agreed when the time came for him to speak. “This gets solved at a state level … and it ultimately gets down to where the rubber meets the road and that’s where the patient is in need of help, or preventing the need for help.”

Later in his remarks, Biden turned to the testing situation.

“We went from no over-the-counter tests in January to 46 million in October, 100 million in November and almost 200 million in December. That’s not enough. It’s clearly not enough. If I — we’d known, we would have gone harder, quicker if we could have,” Biden said during a virtual meeting with state governors.
Vanity Fair reported Thursday that experts from Harvard’s T.H. Chan School of Public Health, the Rockefeller Foundation, the COVID Collaborative and other groups pitched a 10-page plan to White House officials on Oct. 22 that called for the production of 732 million tests per month for a “Testing Surge To Prevent [a] Holiday COVID surge.” The plan wanted “Every American Household to Receive Free Rapid Tests for the Holidays/New Year.”

Three days after the meeting, White House officials told the experts that the administration would not adopt the plan. One official who participated in the meeting told the magazine, “We did not have capacity to manufacture over-the-counter tests at that scale.”

Biden ran for president last year pledging to bring competent management to the pandemic. But this year’s Delta variant surge caused his approval rating on COVID-19 to fall. Earlier this month, the number of US pandemic deaths under Biden exceeded the number of fatalities under former President Donald Trump within a nearly identical period of time — despite the mass distribution of vaccines.
Biden expressed regret last week about his seemingly sluggish response to the new Omicron variant, which has caused the highest-ever infection rates in areas including New York City and Washington, DC.

Biden said in an ABC News interview Wednesday that he should have thought more quickly of a plan to mass distribute 500 million at-home rapid tests, which was announced Dec. 21 but won’t begin to happen until January.

SEE ALSO​

David Marcus pleads for sane COVID policies.

We’ll never end the COVID pandemic if politicians keep making same mistakes​

“The answer is, yeah, I wish I had thought about ordering a half a billion [tests] two months ago, before COVID hit here,” Biden told ABC’s David Muir as FEMA rushed to set up sites in New York City and other areas slammed by massive holiday testing demand.

In mid-January, a previously announced Biden rule will take effect requiring private insurance companies to reimburse policyholders for rapid tests that they buy themselves. Another 50 million rapid tests are in the process of being shipped by the federal government to local clinics for free distribution.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said at a pre-Christmas press briefing last week that details of how to mass-distribute the 500 million free at-home rapid tests are still being developed — despite the rollout being previewed to reporters last Monday and formally announced on Tuesday. It’s not yet clear how many tests each household will be allowed to request, how quickly they will be mailed or when a website will be launched.

Here is some perspective from where the rubber meets the road. I’ve said before that my wife is an ER nurse. The last 7-10 days the ER has been swamped with an average waiting room of 60 “patients” per hour. Tuesday the hospital took a stand and said that no one would would be tested without “visible” symptoms during a prescreen. That PPR dropped significantly to 28. This in home testing shortage reminds me a lot of the Great “Toilet Paper” shortage

Last edited:
How is this funny? People are dying!!!
It's not funny it's pathetic. Biden and his administration are killing fellow Americans with their mismanagement of this terrible Covid scourge.
Your hero Biden ,CD, and this deadly administration has botched everything they have touched from the Afgan retreat to this Covid crisis. What makes matters worse, his Justice Department allows Fauci to walk freely and not be arrested for his criminal behavior.
CD, now that your hero Coumo is gone, Biden sure to go, who do you have on the on deck circle?

It's not funny it's pathetic. Biden and his administration are killing fellow Americans with their mismanagement of this terrible Covid scourge.
Your hero Biden ,CD, and this deadly administration has botched everything they have touched from the Afgan retreat to this Covid crisis. What makes matters worse, his Justice Department allows Fauci to walk freely and not be arrested for his criminal behavior.
CD, now that your hero Coumo is gone, Biden sure to go, who do you have on the on deck circle?
Politicizing death like this is silly and for children. It's nothing to politicize.

Well, usually when you see ha ha ha something is funny no?
Kinda like Heels Up cackling about illegals, drugs, guns and Covid streaming across the border? Or maybe like her cackling about assault, rape and execution of Afgan's by Biden's "kinder, gentler" Taliban?

Last edited:
Reactions: CaneBandit
Funny you had no problem talking about Covid deaths when Trump was President. Remember?
No, I did not politicize death just because I criticize your hero for telling us there is nothing to see here and a million deaths later looks as foolish as when he was talking about bleach injections.

Reactions: cems52
No, I did not politicize death just because I criticize your hero for telling us there is nothing to see here and a million deaths later looks as foolish as when he was talking about bleach injections.
Oh, I get it, talking about Covid deaths is not political when you are referring to one President's record ,even though he now has more deaths on his watch despite having three vaccines, therapeutics and natural immunity, compared to another President's. Makes sense only in your world.

Last edited:
It's hilarious that Biden literally repeated Trump's assertion that states, not Feds should provide their own strategy and solutions. No one in the alt left media has even mentioned that. Am I missing something?

Total unmitigated disaster
All Brandon is doing is spinning the PR
He ran on lies
Blaming Trump for deaths
Cant get a test , either at home or PCR ,
No effort to increase therapies, also in short supply.
$ 1.7 TRILLION, For what ?
A weak response! Harping on coercion to get folks vaccinated, and then claiming the coercion works ! Sure if you want someone’s lunch money , you threaten to beat them up. It works .
No one can blame Old Joe for the expansion of the virus
But the blame can be leveled because of his baseless attack on Trump
Blame is proper because he wrongly claimed that Trump didn’t have a plan to distribute vaccines
Blame can and should be leveled because he was unprepared
Blame is warranted because, instead of action , he spins slogans and holds news conferences
Blame is proper because the Federal government was never the answer, and we all knew that

Total unmitigated disaster
All Brandon is doing is spinning the PR
He ran on lies
Blaming Trump for deaths
Cant get a test , either at home or PCR ,
No effort to increase therapies, also in short supply.
$ 1.7 TRILLION, For what ?
A weak response! Harping on coercion to get folks vaccinated, and then claiming the coercion works ! Sure if you want someone’s lunch money , you threaten to beat them up. It works .
No one can blame Old Joe for the expansion of the virus
But the blame can be leveled because of his baseless attack on Trump
Blame is proper because he wrongly claimed that Trump didn’t have a plan to distribute vaccines
Blame can and should be leveled because he was unprepared
Blame is warranted because, instead of action , he spins slogans and holds news conferences
Blame is proper because the Federal government was never the answer, and we all knew that
1.7T got us new bridges and train tunnels in blue states

1.7T got us new bridges and train tunnels in blue states
No the first $1.7 trillion! The Covid relief act
bill way back in January American Rescue Plan
The second $1.7 trillion “ infrastructure bill “ was allegedly for the bridges and tunnels, but only half was for that .
Understandable mistake
Two different bills , total $3.4 trillion,
Now they want another $2 Trillion for welfare payments

The second $1.7 trillion “ infrastructure bill “ was allegedly for the bridges and tunnels, but only half was for that .
Understandable mistake
Oh, the Covid relief bill went towards very little Covid relief.

Understandable mistake
Not even half.

Not even half.
Mind boggling.
Federal waste
It used to be a million $ here a million there and pretty soon you were talking about real money
Then it went to a billion here , a billion there
Now we are at a trillion
I’m ok with spending for the military, I’m ok with roads and bridges and tunnels
But even then I believe in user fees !
The rest ? I’m not ok with

Reactions: grbcane
Oh, I get it, talking about Covid deaths are not political when you are referring to one President's record ,even though he now has more deaths on his watch despite having three vaccines, therapeutics and natural immunity, compared to another President's. Makes sense only in your world.
No, you don't get it. I don't think you ever will because you think in your head this is some kind of tit for tat when there is nothing further from the truth. When people talk about bleach injections and it is a media hoax that goes way beyond just political. That's stuck on stupid.

Kinda like Heels Up cackling about illegals, drugs, guns and Covid streaming across the border? Or maybe like her cackling about assault, rape and execution of Afgan's by Biden's "kinder, gentler" Taliban?
You asked a question and I answered your question. It didn't require a wutaboutism. It was a simple answer to a question and it was addressed.

No, you don't get it. I don't think you ever will because you think in your head this is some kind of tit for tat when there is nothing further from the truth. When people talk about bleach injections and it is a media hoax that goes way beyond just political. That's stuck on stupid.

First of all, please don't ONLY USE POLITIFACT when YOU THINK it helps you. Politifact does NOT support much that is republican. Second of all I said Trump talking about it. I didn't say trump told anyone to drink bleach. Read what I actually said to you.

Rambling meaningless word salad- how about some hard facts? Everybody knows Trump. says stupid things that are not relevant. That doesn't change the fact that Biden hasn't delivered on his promise to " crush the virus" He hasn't even ordered tests yet- fact. Totally unprepared for Omicron when the whole world knew it was coming. Grandpa is too busy walking on his empty beach wearing a mask for show. The emptiest of empty suits.

Last edited:
Pres. Depends campaigned on the government having the solution, but now it's up to the states.

Oh, I get it, talking about Covid deaths is not political when you are referring to one President's record ,even though he now has more deaths on his watch despite having three vaccines, therapeutics and natural immunity, compared to another President's. Makes sense only in your world.
No, it actually is NOT political by mentioning we have a pandemic people are dying from. So, you can act like their deaths are nothing to see here. That's your business you don't have the empathy of a a decent person. I am not going to do that. These deaths are meaningful and worth mentioning.

Nobody ever said the deaths are meaningless. You have no idea who has empathy and who doesn't. Your self righteous bloviating is nauseating. The point is there have been more deaths under Biden despite vaccines, therapeutics, and natural immunity. Biden campaigned on " crushing" the virus , and he hasn't done it-fact.

Nobody ever said the deaths are meaningless. You have no idea who has empathy and who doesn't. Your self righteous bloviating is nauseating. The point is there have been more deaths under Biden despite vaccines, therapeutics, and natural immunity. Biden campaigned on " crushing" the virus , and he hasn't done it-fact.
It doesn't matter who the president is; this virus with its variants is the sign of Mother Nature taking over and stepping in saying to Mankind: "Enough!!" This virus has killed millions and it'll kill millions more throughout the world. Why? One reason; one fact: there's way too many humans on the planet. And it's upsetting the balance of nature. No president; no government can stop two things from stepping in: Mother Nature and Father Time. The only way to truly stop this virus in its tracks is to have everyone on the planet stay home for a month. No traveling, no flight to other countries, no shipping, no logistics, no trains, nothing. Not gonna happen. Global economy would crash and be plunged into a second Great Depression far worse the the one in the 1930s. The virus will run its course and kill many more unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT